X/Y Kalos Gym Leaders

Discussion in 'Information Pages' started by Demelza, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer Moderator

Meet_Korrina_bmp_copy.
    On this page we'll keep track of the Gym Leaders of Kalos and where their Gyms are, what Type of Gym they have, and any other additional information about them.

Santalune City Gym Leader - Viola

[​IMG]

Japanese Name: Viola
    Gym Location: Santalune City
    Gym Type: Bug

Pokémon On Team: ???

Additional Information: Viola's Gym will feature the spider web like puzzle that we first saw in the first trailer for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y back in January.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cyllage City Gym Leader - Grant

[​IMG]
    Japanese Name: Zakuro
    Gym Location: Cyllage City
    Gym Type: Rock

Additional Information: Grant was first revealed in the 2013 July CoroCoro leaks and is a very sporty Gym Leader who enjoys bike racing and mountain climbing.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Shalour City Gym Leader - Korrina

[​IMG]

Japanese Name: Koruni
    Gym Location: Shalour City
    Gym Type: Fighting

Additional Information: Korrina was first revealed in the September CoroCoro leaks but only a single day later was officially revealed internationally as well. She seeks to draw out the hidden strength of her Pokémon and is said to possess knowledge of the mysterious Mega Evolutions. In addition to being a Gym Leader, she enjoys roller-skating.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Lumiose City Gym Leader - Clemont

[​IMG]

Japanese Name: Citron
    Gym Location: Lumiose City
    Gym Type: Electric

Additional Information: Clemont was first revealed in the July 2013 CoroCoro leaks, he is rumoured to be the Electric Type Gym Leader of the Kalos region. He is a smart kid who loves science and inventing new devices, he has a younger sister called Bonnie.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
    MandyLandy62 likes this.
  2. My guess is that Korrina will give you the first Mega Stone that will allow whatever starter you choose to Mega-evolve. I hope we get to see the Mega-Evolutions for the starters before the games come out, I don't want to pick the wrong one.
  3. Sir Red

Sir Red Charms' Caped Crusader News Editor

Oh my god, Clemont's ingame sprite is adorable. The pictures of him and the little girl are too much for my little heart to handle. :>

That being said, I really want to know the rest of the Gym Leaders. (Give us a Dark Type Gym already!! D:<)
  4. For the types, I do believe that Clemont is the Electric Type Gym Leader. There's the yellow-colored image behind him, the yellow hair with a jagged piece sticking out of it at the top, the electronic devices...yeah, it's a safe bet.

Grant, based on the image behind him, which is brown and suggests Ground or Rock to me, his hobbies, the shape of his hair...yeah, I think he's most likely Ground-Type, but possibly Rock Type, Gym leader.

As for Korrina, there's her sportiness, and then there's the image of an orange fist behind her, which is a dead giveaway for the Fighting Type.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    enruo likes this.
  5. I'm already liking the character designs of the Kalos gym leaders we have so far. We don't see the element of "Gamefreak tried way too hard" like we saw in Gen V with all the randomly over the top designs. I agree with ShinyZekrom on Clemont, Grant, and Korrina because they seem fairly obvious.

*Inserts obligatory remark about wanting a dark type gym leader here*
  6. Well, we can all expect to see a gym leader specialize in using the fairy type. I mean it seems OBLIGATORY now, why not add to the hype that's clearly there
  7. Well that's not entirely true. In gen 2, (in which they added both steel and dark) they only added a steel gym leader. Although they did add a dark Elite four. So it's not already decided, just pretty likely.
  8. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant Administrator

Current rumors from a batch that was largely confirms states that the first Gym is Bug (confirmed re: Viola), the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting (possibly Korrina). While not ALL of this rumor is confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.
  9. The second is fairy? Gee, I hope that's not true. They wouldn't be a high enough level to show their true potential.
  10. I completely agree, the fairy type gym shouldn't be eaten alive from the get-go. I rather eat later
  11. Those early poison types will mop the floor with them...
  12. i think korina will be the 8th gym leader or the champion? >:0 TELL ME NOW
  13. I'll probably read about them first on Bulbapedia before even starting the game. I like my information. n_n
  14. Here are the official gym leader's types
    1. Bug
    2. Rock
    3. Fighting
    4. Grass
    5. Electric
    6. Fairy
    7. Psychic
    8. Ice
  15. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant Administrator

This thread has been locked until further notice, pending information updates.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.