• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Journey of Types

Sarah blinked as she looked at the pokeball in her hand. The black and white ball had a perfect And ornate Yin Yang symbol etched into it. She ran a thumb over the symbol before looking up at the man before her in confusion.

"There must be some sort of mistake sir. Could you please check the results again?" The instructer an older man with salt and pepper hair quickly growing to gray glanced down at the young mousy blond girl in front of him with an annoyed expression on his face. He sighed and with a tone like he was talking to a toddler he explained. "The board does not make mistakes miss the test is perfect and without error. Now please take your new Pokemon and get out of the line."

Sarah blinked again "But I don't even like to battle much less fight." The mans frown deepened into a scowl. "I told you the test is infallible now GET OUT of LINE!!

Sarah squeeked and dashed away in fear. She quickly ran out of the building and sat down on the sidewalk." How can I train to be a doctor now?" The ball rolled from her numb fingers and a red flash sprang out revealing a Hitmonlee. Sarah looked up at the imposing Pokemon. "I don't suppose you know any moves that can heal other pokemon do you?" Hitmonlee just starred at her for a moment before spinning around and performing several high kicks in rapid succession. He counted each kick with a Lee. Sarah just hung her head down and closed her eyes trying not to cry.

Flayke mewled as the pair walked towards the train station, clearly flaunting off his bronze cuffs and necklace. C.C internally groaned, the Glaceon would surely be the end of her if he kept up the show off attitude. Of course, C.C was the one who gave him sugar in the first place, so whose fault was it? Hers.

"A fighting trainer huh? That's interesting. It could have been worse, ya know."

A boy, around the same age as Sarah, walked up behind the girl. He poked her shoulder, trying to get her to turn around.

"You alright there, you don't look very chipper, haha."

His hair was a drab brown, hanging so carelessly from his head, and between his eyes. He was wearing a dusty cloak, and holding a tan pokeball in his hand.

"A fighting trainer huh? That's interesting. It could have been worse, ya know."

A boy, around the same age as Sarah, walked up behind the girl. He poked her shoulder, trying to get her to turn around.

"You alright there, you don't look very chipper, haha."

His hair was a drab brown, hanging so carelessly from his head, and between his eyes. He was wearing a dusty cloak, and holding a tan pokeball in his hand.

Sarah totally lost in her own thoughts didn't hear the boy come up behind her until he tapped her on the shoulder. She let out a small gasp of startlement and jumped to her feet. The Hitmonlee immediately leaped in front of her and took an aggressive stance preparing to launch a devastating high kick. Sarah blinked and flailed her arms as she realized what was about to happen. "Stop don't hurt him!"

The Hitmonlee's foot stopped inches from the boys head held with perfect grace.

Warren blinked. His eyes were a golden color, and seemed to shimmer when he opened them back up.

"Yo. I'm Warren. Nice reflexes on your Hitmonlee here. Seems like he's already ready to protect you."

Warren extended his hand to the girl, a small, innocent smile grew across his face.

"What's your name?"

Sarah blinked and blushed, " I am Sarah", she shook his hand. "I am so sorry he almost attacked you. I don't know the first thing on how to control a fighting Pokemon." She looked down at the ground ackwardly, "I want to be a Pokemon Doctor not a battle trainer. I don't understand how this happened to me."

Hitmonlee slowly pulled back his leg before turning and continuing his exercise as if he didn't care anymore.

"Haha, fighting? well at least you have an advantage to my pokemon." said a voice, she revealed herself as a dark blue haired, orange eyed girl, walking in sync with the Mightyena next to her as a Dark Ball was in her hand. "I'm Akela, you must be Sarah and-" she looked to the boy, "Your name is.. Warren?" Her male canine pokemon bowed to their pokemon.

"Haha, fighting? well at least you have an advantage to my pokemon." said a voice, she revealed herself as a dark blue haired, orange eyed girl, walking in sync with the Mightyena next to her as a Dark Ball was in her hand. "I'm Akela, you must be Sarah and-" she looked to the boy, "Your name is.. Warren?" Her male canine pokemon bowed to their pokemon.

Sarah shook her head "but I don't want to fight." She looked over at the Hitmonlee again. The Hitmonlee still seemed to be bored and disentrested with what was going on around him. " Even if I wanted to, I am not even sure if he would listen to me." She held up her hands, "I don't even know the first thing about fighting. I have studied medicine though." She looked over at Akela, "did the test give you what you expected or wanted?"

"Haha, im fine as long as Mightyena here stays with me. By the way, Sarah, some fighting-type pokemon can learn moves like heal pulse and psychic moves like psyshock! Like Medicham, a psychic AND fighting type!" Akela encouraged Sarah to try and teach her pokemon psychic type moves whilst Mightyena barked in agreement.

"Haha, im fine as long as Mightyena here stays with me. By the way, Sarah, some fighting-type pokemon can learn moves like heal pulse and psychic moves like psyshock! Like Medicham, a psychic AND fighting type!" Akela encouraged Sarah to try and teach her pokemon psychic type moves whilst Mightyena barked in agreement.

Sarah nodded at the other girl before taking out a pokedex and scanning Hitmonlee. The pokedex beeped and talk to her while she looked up some information before giving s slight frown. Hitmonlee looked over at her for a moment as she scanned him then ignored her once more and sent back to kicking.

" It says Hitmonlee can only ever learn three psychic type moves rest, meditate, and role play. None of those are very useful for a doctor. There is also the issue that if other trainers see me with fighting Pokemon out they will want to battle me and I have never fought a Pokemon battle before."

She looked over at her Pokemon who continued to ignore her. "Beside even if I wanted to fight, and I don't. He clearly doesn't respect me as a trainer and would not follow any commands I gave." She looked exasperated for a moment, "to top it all off the test records have now marked me as a fighting trainer so people will come seeking me out expecting a battle against fighting Pokemon even if I don't use him and go about my life. Also it will cause people to think wrong things about me due to the reputation that fighting type trainers have."

"Mightyena and I can train with you, your Hitmonlee has an advantage against my dark type! We can be like training partners." Akela said with a gentle smile.

"Mightyena and I can train with you, your Hitmonlee has an advantage against my dark type! We can be like training partners." Akela said with a gentle smile.

Sarah gave a half hearted smile, "thanks Akela you are a really nice person." She looks back once again to her Hitmonlee which just quietly stares at her before turning around and kicking the air again. "I am not sure how well this will work, or how that helps my dream of becoming a Pokemon doctor." She looked at Akela again, "but if you think it will help its better than just sitting her despairing about the future."

"Um so what do we do?"

Losnar sat in a tree with his Lucario watching the 2 people talking about battling "hmm a trainer with a mightyena she must be a dark type trainer and a trainer with a hitmonlee which means she must be a fighting type trainer, well Lucario time to meet people" Losnar dropped from the tree walked over to the two trainers with Lucario just behind "Howdy"

Sarah nodded meekly and started to follow Akela into the forest, still with a look of uncertainty about her features. She turned and looked at Hitmonlee wondering if she would have to put him back in his ball for him to come. However Hitmonlee simply started to follow along behind strolling casually. However as soon as Losnar even started dropping from the tree he spun around and took a strong offensive stance.

Sarah stopped and turned back around at the unexpected greeting getting startled twice in a very short time period. She saw Hitmonlees stance and panicked. "Hitmonlee please stop attacking people." The Hitmonlee maintained his stance watching the pair walk up. Sarah just ran her fingers through her hair in exasperation. She stepped in front of the pokemon, "Hi my name is Sarah please forgive him."

"Mightyena, calm Hitmonlee down" Akela said, Mightyena nodded and ran in front of Hitmonlee, his eyes turned purple and a huge aura was shown around Hitmonlee until he collapsed to the ground.

Sarah squeaked and turned around to her collapsed pokemon. "Hitmonlee are you ok?" She quickly moved over to him and then noticed that he was only asleep. She looked relieved at that point and then pulled out the yin yang ball and held it out. "Hitmonlee return." A bright red light shot out of the ball and hit the Hitmonlee causing him to disappear before it retracted back into the ball.

She turned back toward Losnar, "I don't really know how to battle. Akela is just going to show me a few things that are supposed to help me." She looked down, "I really don't know how interesting it will be to watch."

"I can battle Akela to show you how its done my Lucarios knows how to battle well" Losnar picked up his pace "would that be ok Akela"

"Sarah, that move was Hypnosis, if you want an advantage, use this and if it hits, it guarantees sleep" Akela explained, "now follow me". She led them to an open field, Akela ran to one side, signing Sarah to go opposite her.

"Now let's start this off! Mightyena use ice fang!" Akela commanded. Mightyena responded quickly and lunged at Lucario, managing to grab onto his arm before he dodged.

"Counter with Dark Pulse!" Flash Cannon and Dark Pulse collided violently, causing a huge explosion.

Sarah shielded her eyes from the violent explosion and fell backward onto her ass, She stayed on the ground and blinked her eyes letting her vision refocus before turning back towards the other two. She held up the pokeball in he hands. "Hitmonlee is this is what a battle is like why on earth would you want to do that."

"MIGHTYENA!!!!!!" Akela yelled as Mightyena was about to get hit. She suddenly gets an idea, "That's it! Mightyena Hypnosis!" Lucario became drowsy and whilst in midair he collapsed to the ground, asleep. "Now use Ice Fang and throw him!" Mightyena grabs onto his arm and begins freezing him, then he throws Lucario at a tree.