• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Is my team any good?

No, im not a competitive player, so i dont IV/EV/whatever train them. And i rarely play online, and when i do, its on my Diamond. Currently my team is this. Floatzel, with an adamant nature, Kadabra with Adamant, Staraptor with Brave, Shiny Luxray with Quiet, and an Aipom with Hasty. Im planing on geting Lucario, but the Aipom can be switched. Luxray stays because its one of my few legit shiny pokemon. Sooo...any ideas?

....did i not say "NOT COMPETATIVE BATTLAING"?

Fine...let me plats this golbat...

Floatzel (32), aka Roket Dog: Surf Agility Crunch and Aqua Jet.
Kadabra (29), aka Niko: Teleport Psybeam Disable and Reflect.
Staraptor (35), aka Needle: Close Combat Areal Ace Steel Wwing and Fly.
Luxray (35), aka Loki: Spark Swagger Thunder and Crunch
Aipom (27), aka Tails: Tickle Sand-Attack Swift and Cut.
Rilou (N/A), aka N/A: N/A N/A N/A N/A as i dont have it yet...

we can't rate your team if we don't have movesets, if you're competitively battling or not Tabby.

Floatzel is a Sp. attacker, and I'm assuming Floatzel is your Surf slave.
Luxray is a physical attacker, you get the most out of Luxray with physical attacks.
Be careful with the Smilies, even if it was by accident. Also, N/A might work better.

Well, I don't know why you want to know if it's a good team or not if you don't really care for competitive battling, but the one thing I noticed right off the bat was the adamant Kadabra. That's, to say the least, not good. In fact, it's the complete opposite of Modest, which is what you want. You gave him special moves but adamant takes away Sp. Att. for Physical Att.

every now and then, me and a few friends do get together and battle. About 95% of the time, my starter is in the 70s by the Elite 4. So im trying to keep my team "level" for a battle...I can get the stats of them for you if you want...

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Competitive or not, you should read and follow the rules before posting. If you're going to want help with your team, we need the information that Shado specified, or there's almost nothing to rate beyond what you could do by looking up a type chart. Your post should be easy to read, not clumped together where you list it all out on one line.

This is the example given in the rules, and the one most everybody uses.
Pokemon's Name@Held Item, or specify that there isn't one
Nature
EVs (If you want to)
-Move 1
-Move 2
-Move 3
-Move 4
Some reason to why you chose those attacks would be nice, but you don't have to.

Consider all of that a warning. Specify what sort of advice you want, if you're going to attack Shado for asking you to post movesets.