• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ikora Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane sat and thought about Hester's question "I think he is, when we walked in here, the only other people left were Kage and Xavier. So in hindsight they should be together. Right?" Shane asked "So anyway, like Hester said we shouldn't keep them waiting for any longer, so come on let's go get that book checked out. And we should probably hurry, the library is closing soon, soon being like ten minutes."

As they checked the book out, Hester went back to answering Jacob. "Oh there's no real reason why I asked, other than the fact that Sandshrew are everywhere in Kanto from what I hear. Random thought, I know, but did you ever have one as a pet or anything? Those little guys seem perfect for it. And what about Sandslashes? Would people ever use them for yardwork, or fossil excavation or—" Before anyone could stop her, she was talking his ear off with questions about Sandslashes. There were plenty of Pokemon like that, who would get her all kinds of revved up when she talked about or even thought of them, but Sandslash was the king of them all.

As Seth was waiting for the book to be checked out, he recurrently looked out the window, displaying a look of restraint, as if there was something he was trying not to say. After it was checked out, he scooped up the history book and ill-manneredly thanked the librarian. "This will be useful, it was the best I could find for making references." he said, half to himself and half to Hester. "Well...we'd best be on our way then, we've got some ground to hit!" His serious expression was gone, and replaced with a carefree one. "Strange words coming from a sea-legged scallywag such as myself, eh?" He was attempting to provoke a laugh.

Last edited:
Hester's sense of humor was too easy to pass that one up, and she laughed heartily at the silly joke. "For sure, for sure, let's hit that ground, starting with Xavier and Kage. I bet those scallywags could learn to earn their land legs."

They set off towards the exit gate of town, finding the aftermath of yet another ordeal with Team Shadow. "Gee, don't suppose they tried to raid the day care center again while we were in the library?"

"Yup, and I got some of the action. I wonder what this thing is gonna become.." Xavier said as he pulled out the egg. He had never gotten a good look at it, but it was white with triangle shapes of all colors on it. "You guys know what kind of egg this is?"

"Hrrm...." Seth pondered over the strangely colored egg. "I honestly can't say...the design sure does ring a bell, though. I've seen it before, but cannot recall what It belongs to." After minutes of staring, he looked up and said, "Well, we'll never hatch it by just lookin' at it. I suggest you keep that somewhere warm, Xavier. We'd better get on the move. Team Shadow though...they are starting to get me curious. What is it exactly that they want?" He unconsciously stroked his chin as he thought.

"I don't know what they want. But, they probably want Pokemon like Team Rocket did." Kage said as he began tapping his foot. "I really want to fight somebody. Lets get to the next town so I can fight the gym leader Cole!" As Kage said this he fist pumped the air.

(Ah, lol I forgot to do that too XD)

Pokémon: Skarmory
Name: Ironclad
Level: 18
Moves: Steel wing, arial ace, and fly

Pokémon: Mankey
Name: Neanderthal
Level: 19
Moves: Thrash and slash

"Alright then, we should get moving! I've already scoped out the trail, it should be a straight path." Xavier said as he put the egg back in his bag. "Plus, we could find more Pokemon!" He said as he walked onwards to the next route.

(Guess I should do it as well, I did Carlos already.)

Beldum
Genderless, Male pronouns
Star
Moves: Take down and iron head

Egg

(Ooc: "egg" pffft nice)

"Well, we've gotten nothing but trouble outta this town so far, save for that book we checked out, and your new egg I guess. Down to Yellowdale—" Hester pondered in her head the name of the town, completely sidetracking herself in her tangent. "Yellowseed... Yellow-something. Bah, what does it matter, let's get a move on, ay crew?" She pumped a fist in the air to rev everyone up, and Flint shimmied his way atop her arm. Peavey was walking by her side again, while Cecul's dopey little face was sticking out of her backpack. Having him out of his ball all the time meant he had to be carried, unless anyone wanted to wait ten hours for him to catch up.

The pathway to the town in question was fairly simple, when in comparison to caves and rock walls, at least. A field of milkweed greeted them in their travels, an intended trail already laid out for them from years of use by other travelers. Something minor on her mind, Hester broke the silence.

"I know I've mentioned this a lot, and I know it's bound to be getting obnoxious, but I don't suppose there's any ghost-type specific location we'll find somewhere in Ikora?"

"I would think so, there must be a graveyard or the like somewhere," Seth replied, "Those are usually crawling with ghastly and duskull." He thought about the question for a moment, before inquiring, "Why do you ask? Have you an interest in ghost pokemon?"

"Honestly, I am interested as well. The only ghosts in my region are at a mountain, and is a restricted area." Xavier said admittatly. " I have still seen ghost-types, when this important lady came over to my old town to visit. She was part of the, 'Elite 7', or something like that. Anyway, I almost see the next town! I bet it has the fossil lab as well!"

"Aye, is see it too!" Seth remarked. "By the way, you must mean the Elite Four. May I ask which region you are from? The only ghost-type Elite that I ever knew of was Shauntal, the first of the Elite Four in Unova. I didn't know there was another." Seth got more pumped about fighting the gym leader the closer they got to Willowdale.

"Oh ya, it's this girl from hoenn. Phoebe, I think her name is." Xavier explained as he aprrouched the town. "She looks like a water type trainer, but she uses a ton of cool Pokemon!" Al large 'Welcome to Willowdale' sign loomed over head as he walked in.

"Who doesn't love ghost types?" She settled the conversation at that, just as they made their way through the gates of Willowdale.

The town had a rustic, over-touristy feel to it. Most everything around them was designed purely of wood, and even had a "Saloon" advertised nearby in red-painted letters. A man stood along the side of the dirt streets, playing some form of folk violin while poking glances at the jar at his feet, asking for tips. Hester couldn't resist the urge to slip him a dollar, and she whistled at the eccentric sight of the town. It was like stepping into a different time period.

"Huh." grunted Seth. "This isn't quite what I expected. I pictured it as having more of a...city feel." He looked about strangely, scanning for any evidence of the existence of technology. "Nevertheless, it's a wonderful town, I'm sure! Whaddya say we all head over to the Pokémon Center and rest up our pokemon before heading over to the gym? That is, if we can find one." He started quickening his pace, looking left and right through the streets.

"No way, I wanna head over to.. Where is the lab?" Xavier questioned before noticing the small extension to the Pokemon center, a small sign saying 'Fossils And Technology' hanging on the door. He ran straight to the center without anyone stopping him, before stopping and waiting at the entrance.

Seth ran over to the entrance with Xavier, and tugged on the door. Locked. "Dagnabbit...! It's locked!" "Unfortunately, some technology malfunctioned, and injured many people." replied an elderly man who had overheard him, startling Seth and Xavier a little bit. "The lab is closed for inspection and repair. It will be this way for a long while. Sorry if your hopes were up." Seth slouched his head and grumbled in response to this, with an empty heart. He had been looking forward to admiring the beautiful amaura that he would've had, and was somewhat devastated. Xavier felt the same way.

Last edited:
Jacob looked over at the old man, and raised an eyebrow. "Well, I guess we shouldn't just wait. Hey, could I give you my phone number? That way, you can call when the lab is back up and running?" Jacob waited for a reply, but wasn't even sure if the old man would have a phone, let alone anyone in this town would have one.

(siencewars, read the discussion thread)

"Interesting...well, sitting here won't earn us any Soil Badges. Let's rumble!" he shouted, attempting to rouse the group. He and the others had high hopes as they entered the cave-like structure. Seth couldn't help but notice that he hadn't gotten angry in a while, and was hoping that he would stay that way, at least until they were no longer in a situation of such importance.

Last edited:
Jacob laughed, and said, "Well, this gym is going to be a breeze. Ground type against two pokemon that can't be affected by ground type moves? Yes please." He started walking towards the gym, while looking around and examining the town around them. It was rather quaint, not like the big city he had lived near all his life. He shook his head and kept walking.

"Cmon guys, let's get a move on! By the end of this, they'll be grounded!"
Everyone groaned at the pun as he walked towards the entrance. The gym was a pathway with a couple rocks along the sides, splitting into 3. The gym leader was sitting at the end of the middle one, but you couldn't see that unless you were at the entrance.
"Cmon guys, get in here!" Xavier yelled to the rest of the group.

Xavier followed down the middle path after Jacob, looking at his surroundings. The roof was covered in gems. Most of them were a lime green, about the size of his fist. There were a few trainers by the wall, playing Geodude-Altaria-Scizor. There, in the middle, was the leader. After seeing the group, in a booming voice, he said, "Which one of you kiddos wants to challenge ol' Cole here first?!"

Xavier went and sat on the sidelines as Jacob sent out his starter pokemon, Zyklon B. He wondered when the rest of the group would come down. The gym leader asked Jacob, "Say, how many badges do you have?"

"HEY!!, you guys almost forgot me way back there," Easton was out of breath from sprinting trying to catch up with the others, that's when he noticed there was a few people he had never seen before,"Hey I never got your names,"

Seth was standing very quietly by the sidelines, on the opposite side from everybody else. He had a somewhat frantic, serious look on his face, though no one really noticed. He was scanning the room over and over again, for there was one person who was not with them anymore; Hester. She was with them just a few moments ago, but strangely, she nowhere in sight. Seth was the first to notice this, as the others started feeling the strange emptiness in the large room as well. The awkward quietness grew, aside from the racket of Jacob battling Cole, until Seth was the first to walk over to the others and inquire, "Have any of you seen Hester? She was here a few minutes ago, but she is nowhere to be found here..." The others knew not where she was, and suggested that she might have gone outside. Seth went outside in search of her, but she wasn't there either. He looked in bars and shops, but she was nowhere to be found. The sound of Seth shouting her name echoed through the streets of the rustic little town, attracting all sorts of attention, until he eventually started smelling the work of Team Shadow.

Last edited:
we can keep it alive!

Name: Zanzibar "Zanzo" or "Zan" Cordaro
Appearance: The slightest bit pudgy for his height of 5'5'', with dark olive skin and sun-streaked blonde hair. He has a small side cut shaved on the right side of his head, tourmaline-studded earrings in a double-helix on his right ear, bright golden brown eyes, and a tie-dye emerald green headband worn Dan Gheesling-style. (If that's a reference anyone understands ;))
Personality: Chipper, and a human ray of sunshine. He has a touch of wisdom for his age, though at the same time manages to be completely oblivious. His fellow friends are in his best interest, making him very courteous person. It's hard to get him mad, but when he's mad, he's very mad. He's a tad bit weak-willed in response to others being mad, and/or yelling at him in general, and he will apologize or just let himself get stepped on in scenarios where it's not even his fault. Although he does love a good Pokemon battle, he's a kindhearted pacifist through and through.
Not Sure Where to Put This: He's too maxing-relaxing chill of a dude to not be bisexual, though he's never the one to make the first move, or hardly any moves, since he's so oblivious.
Future Team: Sudowoodo, Pangoro, Aromatisse, Skuntank, Marshtomp, and Sawsbuck.

The silly old, overly rustic town was home to Zanzibar, and with it's warm climate, sunny skies, and chipper feel, there wasn't a place he'd be happier to call his home town. He was up bright and early, though "early" for him would be quite late noon for anyone else. He walked absently around town, taking his normal route, with Peploe, his Bonsly, and Zhou, his Pancham, shambling along at his side. Zhou kept quick with the pace, while Peploe took his time down the dirt roads. Another boy was shouting a name. It wasn't a name he recognized, but it was a name nonetheless. Asserting himself as the best chance they'd have at finding someone in this town, Zanzo found himself compelled to help.

Approaching the frantic boy with a gentle, weathered smile, Zhou bumped into his leg, and it took a lot for him not to fall down.

"Are you okay? Who's this Hester you're shouting about?"

(Sciencewars, you are officially Silver the Hedgehog. lol but really, we can at least try to bring it back to life, right?)

Seth turned to Zanzibar in response, slightly shocking the browned young boy by his towering height. "Uh...she is my friend," replied Seth. "She has been missing since a little less than an hour ago, I can't seem to find her anywhere. I've looked everywhere...have you seen her?" Seth explained her appearance to Zanzibar, with frantic hopes to get results. "She has colorless blonde hair, tanned skin, a white bandana...have you seen her? Please, I need to know." It was made clear that this was very urgent to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.