• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ikora Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey Xavier! Glad to see you're still kicking around, pull up a chair!" With reunion settled, Hester pointed her words at Jacob. "I'll be more liberal with food from now on, that's a promise, but hey, what better way to celebrate a journey with a good ol' pow-wow and mini feast." Hester ate a fry from the communal basket in the center of the table to emphasize her point, while her Pokemon sat nearby, completely stuffed.

"Still, thank you, so much. Besides that fifty I nabbed from before, I'm broke. It's been an adventure, that's for sure, but I'm far more interested in hearing about your story Seth. You came off a boat or something, right? Where from, and what other details?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well..." Seth began, "I came from the Unova region, on a cargo boat carrying shipments of stones and medicine. My foster mother, however, did not want to come, and made a point of not wanting to come. She never actually explained why. But anyway, ever since I was about eight years old I had wanted to visit here. I was obsessively interested in the history and culture of all the towns and etc. When my mum told me that I would be going on a journey here, not a single complaint escaped my lips. Here, it is much less...hustling; which is good. In Unova, you are always on your toes, and everything is overloaded and busy, which caused many of my...'episodes.' Here in Ikora, it is much more tranquil, which I appreciate. As for Zach here..." He gave the osawott a slight, friendly nudge on it's chin. "I was about to choose zizagoon for my first pokemon, but on my way there, as I stopped by the beach, I saw an oshawott, severely injured in it's pelvic area. As I picked it up and ran to the pokemon center, I noticed that it looked a bit odd, but I at first brushed it off as my abnormally vivid imagination. Once it was healed, the nurse signaled me to a quiet corner where no one else would hear what she was saying. She then told me that I had one of the rarest pokemon in the world; a shiny oshawott. Forgetting completely forgetting about the zigzagoon, I trotted back home, overwhelmingly happy with my new companion. And here I am now...without a single regret." He looked at Jacob, and then at Hester. "And I have many more friends here than I have ever had before."

Last edited:
Jacob blinked, and decided to stay silent for a few seconds. He had never faced any hardships like these people had. He had been pampered all his life, and so him speaking up might feel insulting. However, at the friends part, Jacob said, "Well, I am rather happy I have real friends like you as well. I came from Kanto, and my father has made his money off of being a higher up in Silph Co. He isn't anywhere really high to the top, but he is up there. For this reason, I never really had any real friends. My father wouldn't let me make friends with 'the peasants,' and the people he did want me making friends with were all, pardon my language, but they were assholes. I am happy that I have people I trust around me."

"Ditto, a toast to you guys for being great." Hester raised her glass, a motion that Flint and Peavey attempted to replicate, before she pondered briefly. "I guess it's story time for everyone now, huh? I traveled region to region with a huge nomadic family. We actually weren't all that close for family, probably because our numbers were so large, and there was never much of a chance to make friends, hence why it's so fantastic to have you guys now amiright? Long story short, when I was old-ish enough to live on my own, they sent me out on a rental Lapras to Ikora, since it was the only region in memory that hadn't been ruined for me by a nomadic lifestyle. This little squirt had recently been bred, so he was the perfect starter." She bumped elbows with Peavey, who stood proudly at the mention of his name.

"Well, I guess if we are telling some stories.. I may as well tell mine."Xavier said as he began his story. "I used to live in Mossdeep city in Hoenn. There was some radiation accident with some space rock, and some scientists, including my uncle, passed away. We got out of there as fast as possible, but my head was injured from the exposure and surgeons had to stop the beeding by putting a small metal plate under my skin, to say the least I can without everyone losing their meals. We had to come here in order to get the surgery, but it was so nice we settled down here. I met this little guy," Xavier pointed to Star, "From this guy over in Mossdeep. He let me take care of him before the incident. We kept in touch, and after I told him about my journey, Star's ball was sent to the professor. I wonder if he's ok..." Xavier finished as he drifted off into his thoughts as he chewed into his Magikarp n' chips.

"hey i guess i will tell my story." Kage said with a sigh. "I grew up here in yellow seed... But I'm not a native, I'm a Johtoion, I never knew my mom and my dad died in a car accident back in johto. So i moved here with my grandma and my pokemon egg. Then a year ago the egg hatched and thats when i got my totodile moxie!" Kage said as he finished his moo moo milk

"Well...that's that I suppose." Seth remarked blandly. He'd been simultaneously listening to the what the other's had to say and gorging on large portions of seasoned fish. "Thanks for that, Jake. It was delicious." he said gratefully. "So...once we are done here, whaddya say we check out that library? I'm wondering what kind of things these Ikorians are interested in." He sat back and rested the back of his head on his hands, scanning the intriguing environment with his eyes.

"Why not? I know a few things about Ikorian lore, but not much. Something about no legendaries or something... so, like, Kyogre and Groudon?" Xavier asked as he finished his meal. "Oh, and, Hester, did we show the others the fossil?" He questioned as he pulled out the small fossil onto the table. It was very lightweight for a rock.

"Wow! That is so cool!" Shane exclaimed just after Xavier plopped down the fossil onto the table " Wait, do you guys know what fossil that is, because in Willowdale City there is a fossil lab, where we can check it out. Oh yeah, there is a gym leader in Willowdale. His name is Cole, they say he is a ground type leader."

"I don't really know.... It looks like a turtle shell." Xavier explained. "But fossils are still pretty rare. I bet that cave might have some more! Still, we need to move forward. Maybe we should find some different Pokemon."

"Nice!" Seth exclaimed, staring at the fossil, recognizing it. "I could be wrong, but i believe that is a cover fossil, the remains of a tirtouga. What is strange, though, is that they are usually found in oceanic areas, or, less commonly, in or near large bodies of water. However, as far as I know, Mistway Cave is located far away from either, which makes you really wonder how it was formed. All the more reason to pay a visit to that library, eh?" He then remembered the fossil he had found himself. "Here, i found this." He grabbed the wing-shaped rock out of his bag and set it carefully on the table. "It's a sail fossil, the remains of an amaura. Amaura and tyrunt are my favorite prehistoric pokemon, but I could never find the required fossils; until I came across this in Mistway Cave, that is." He showed great admiration for the shimmering stone. "Luck seems to have been in my favor so far, I wonder if I'll someday find a jaw fossil, too."

Last edited:
"Really?" Seth showed much gratitude, tinged with confusion. "Wow...thank you! But...these are very rare. Are you sure you want to just let me have it? At least let me pay for it, these are very valuable!" Seth opened his satchel, and pulled out 250. "it's not much, but it's something at least." Seth's attempt to show his thanks was admirable, but annoying.

".....Well, if you insist. Hahar....!" he exclaimed sharply. "Finally, it's in my hands...I can't thank you enough." It clearly meant a lot to him, which was thanks enough for Kage. He longingly stroked the jawbone as if it were a lost child, before stuffing it in his bag, standing up and hurrying after Jacob. Zach clung to Seth's shoulder, his head bobbing up and down as he ran. "Wait for me!" Seth yelled excitedly, his booming voice reaching the ears of all around him.

Last edited:
Kage sighed. "Well I will be waiting for you guys at the exit of Yellowseed." Kage said as he got up left the diner and started making his way to the exit. When he got their he sent out his totodile and began feeding it a berry.

(Ooc: Wow, wasn't getting notifications, sorry about that guys :'|)

"Really? Sure you wanna just go to the exit?" Hester truly did have quite a bit of interest in this place, and she was glad that library was on the agenda. Apparently, he was serious. "You do you man, suit yourself."

With the check and tip paid, Hester was quick to follow to the library, her Pokemon running or hopping along beside her.

Hester pondered the question thoroughly, with genuine curiosity about the mysterious region. "History's a good place to start. Say, they say that most other regions were created by legendary Pokemon like Groudon and Kyogre. If there're none of those guys here, who formed this place? I don't suppose some people just showed up and started building log cabins."

By the time Jacob even mentioned taking a look in the history isle, Seth was already there, tirelessly examining book upon three-inch-thick book simultaneously with somewhat obsessive interest. He could be heard muttering to himself and thinking aloud about wars, tribes and their religions and how discovery of science affected them, false rumors of mythical pokemon, geologic formations, and whatnot. He would occasionally look up and quickly scan his surroundings before becoming obsorbed in his studies once more.

Jacob turned to Hester, and said, "Well, that might be the foundation of team Shadow. However, could it be that the resourcefulness of humans that built up this place?"

Jacob paused, looking out of a window. "No other place has all of the different pokemon except for this one, right? It would make sense that, instead of the pokemon all existing here to begin with, humans brought pokemon here from every continent, and then breeding occurred from there."

"Kinda like how there were no Rattatas in Unova, but now they're everywhere?" The answers were intriguing, but far more simple than Hester had hoped. She took a look at Seth, before resisting a chuckle at the intensely enthralled look in his eyes as he scanned line after line and page after page in his book.

"Seth, you find anything interesting buddy? Tales of false prophets? Pirate vs government discourse? Rebellions of the people? Lay it on me."

"Er??" Seth exclaimed, looking up in response to Hester's question. "Well..." Seth started. "What I find most intriguing is the formation of the mountains and caverns. Mt. Prime is the mountain located in the very center of the region, as you can see here. " He picked up a book from the part of the shelf that he had nearly emptied, and turned to a page with a map of Ikora. "And here is Mt. Elkwood," He said, putting a pale finger on it. "And that right there is Mistway Cave. There are two underwater caverns, Lumber Cave, and Tectonica Cavern. Now here is what's interesting. Go ahead and connect the dots, see what you get." Hester at first could nt see what he was talking about, but after a minute of lining up all the formations in a certain way, she could see what he was showing her. "It's Cancer." She remarked. "Aye. Now, the only pokemon you cannot find here that are common in most any other region...are corphish. There are absolutely no records of native corphish found anywhere, which is strange. Does the Cancer formation, which was the basis of a religion that died mysteriously young, have something to do with this? Is it linked with the fact that there are no other world-known regions without a legend of a great power that hasn't already diminished? Is it just one big coincidence? These are the questions to which I seek answers. Bloody fascinating, isn't it?"

(Yes, I am taking into account that Seth was reading inhumanly fast just then. Anyway, ima go to bed now.)

Last edited:
As the rest of the group left for the library, Xavier decided to follow Kage, as he has visited before and has been in the library a bit. As hewalked to the exit, he asked Kage," So, where did you find that fossil?"

Jacob, when he heard about the corphish, smirked. He might ask his dad to bring a corphish here and send it to the pokemon breeders, just for a laugh.

Jacob then shrugged, and said, "Well, I how does that help us with this whole situation? Doesn't that raise even more questions than answers? I heard not a single answer in that whole time you talked."

"Huh? oh my dad gave it to me from the kalos region." I have a bunch more at my grams house do you want to see them?" (not of the same fossil just a bunch of different ones) Bic: Kage began walking to his gramma's house.

"Wow... You can , I'll stay here and keep watch. What if Shadow comes back? That's four encounters and we haven't even gotten a badge yet." Xavier said as he let Carlos and Star out of thier balls. "Hey guys, thier seems to be some sort of Daycare over there! Let's check it out." After he ran a bit, he walked inside to see a woman. "Oh, are you a trainer? I need your help..." She asked. "I found this egg and I don't know how it got here. Can you take care of it?" Xavier took the egg and tucked it into his pack. "Of course! I'll take the best care of it, you be sure!" He then began walking back to the city as the woman smiled. As he approached the city, a small ticking was heard from the bag. He took out the egg and saw a small red chip attached to the egg.
A tracking device! And with the Shadow insignia...

That wasn't an old lady!

"Carlos! Pry this off!" The small device flew into a tree, having been removed with perfect precision. Xavier ran back inside the establishment. "Pin her!" Xavier ordered as Carlos pinned her to the wall and removed the wig. A small pin flew from thier pocket, a sign of her shadow membership. "Suddenly, the door fell down. "Jenny!" Xavier shouted. This Shadow member tried to attack me!" The officer replied, "We know what happened. Our sources showed the attack here. You stay safe, kid. Let me handle this." Xavier walked back to the town and sat on a bench.

I hope the others are here soon.

"That's exactly it, Jacob," Seth explained. "There are more questions then there are answers, and whenever we find an answer, it will bring up more questions. And that is that is what drives us, there is no end to the mystery. It would make sense that other people of different nations came and united as one, but WHY? Who would've had the idea, and why this land? I believe it may have something to do with the Cancer formation. I've barely scratched the surface of the history here; there are hundreds of books packed with all kinds of information, more than I could ever read in a day. Sadly, we don't have the time to linger for days. We should be hitting the trail again in a couple of hours, so I'll just have to make do with whatever else I can find."

Last edited:
"oh never mind then." kage said as he walked back to the exit and sat down on a stump. "Come out Moxie!" Kage said as he sent out his totodile and started petting it.

Xavier spotted Kage back in the distance. "Hey there, back already? I had another Shadow encounter like I thought. What's with this? It's like they are stalking us...."Xavier said as he approached Kage.

"Wow, that was awfully poetic Seth. And it's only Cancer, is it? No haven of Pyroar to symbolize Leo, or anything like that?" Hester mused, genuinely intrigued by the zodiac's concept. "What if... maybe it's like you said. There're always more discoveries that've yet to happen out there. What if, persay, if Cancer's the only one, then other places like it are yet to form?"

Jacob shrugged, and said, "Well, how bout we rent the book and talk about it on the way? We do have people waiting for us outside." Jacob looked over his shoulder, and then looked back at the pair, waiting.

Shane turned to Jacob after sitting at a nearby table listening to what Seth was describing, for even him, an Ikoran native, did not know about this exactly. "That would be a great idea, because even I don't know every detail of Ikora and it would be great to learn more about it. For you guys and me both. Well, the checkout booth is over there, what da' ya' say?"

"I'm on board, shouldn't keep Kage waiting too long. He doesn't strike me as all that patient." Hester decided, gathering up her Pokemon and rising to her feet. "Say, Jacob, you said came from Kanto didn't you?"

She looked around, doing another headcount to be sure that everyone was in tow, growing worried for a moment before she remembered with relief. "Don't suppose Xavier's also waiting with Kage?"

Status
Not open for further replies.