• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hoopa Revealed Outside of Japan + Pokémon Shuffle Announced

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
B7UdUjyIAAA7fri.jpg
A new Nintendo Direct aired worldwide today and brought with it the reveal of a brand new Pokémon game in the form of Pokémon Shuffle.

The game plays a lot like Pokémon Link Battle although a bit more complex than Link Battle was. The aim is to match up three Pokémon in a row to deal damage to the enemy, but with Pokémon Shuffle you have to complete each stage within a certain amount of moves. There are also items to help you along your way if you get stuck.

Interestingly enough the game will be free to download and play, but there are paid aspects to it. If you run out of lives completely then you have to wait ten minutes before you can battle again. If you want to battle sooner then you can pay a price in order to do so. Certain items can also be bought in the game by spending money. Pokémon Shuffle will be released in February through the eShop and if you wish to know more then you can find a trailer below:

jan_p02_01.jpg
After this afternoon's Nintendo Direct a trailer was released introducing Hoopa to Pokémon fans outside of Japan. No details about how the Pokémon will be given out outside of Japan have been revealed, but you can check out the trailer below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god. Another pokemon trozei remake. Why nitendo. If you watched the direct, FEA 2 confirmed, a new splat(forgot the other words so ashamed),
and DLC for link. Young Link and a majora's mask pack :D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm looking forward to grabbing Pokemon Shuffle to see how long it can hold my attention. I've never really gotten into any of these mobile device games that force you to wait before playing again. Either Pokemon Shuffle will actually keep me playing because it's Pokemon or it'll be played once and never touched again. :p

Either way, I don't see myself spending any money within the game so can't complain too much. Free is free. I can't say that I'm bothered by the Pokemon Company creating a freemium game either. If anything I find it intriguing and a good franchise for Nintendo to try such with.

Never was into the Mix 'N Match games out there in the world. However, I may be more lenient on allowing myself to attempt this one. The graphics look enticing and absorbing, along with the concept of the game adding onto that thought.

Also, I can't WAIT to receive Hoopa! I'm curious beyond words about this
Pokémon, seeing what all it has to offer and what the story behind it was. I can't help but say I was mildly disappointed in how straightforward and short the in-game explanation of Diancie was, so I'm strongly hoping that they will add a bit more to Hoopa's in-game explanation.

Also, donuts are amazing. ♥
Hoopa thinks so, too! :)

charaImg03.jpg