• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hoopa Event Announced For United Kingdom

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Today it has been announced that Hoopa, the second of three hidden event Pokémon, will be distributed at GAME stores this autumn. This event will run from October 23rd to November 5th, and will be for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

As usual, the Hoopa will be given out via one-time codes - simply go into your local GAME store and ask an employee at the till to print you one. You can then redeem the code in your game. If you're not sure how, use the Code Events section in this guide in our Cryptidex.

The Hoopa will have the following details:

157778_hoopa_official_x500.png

Name: Hoopa
Item: Focus Sash
Level: 50
Ability: Magician
Moves: Hyperspace Hole, Psychic, Astonish, Nasty Plot
Also of note: Hoopa will be distributed in its normal Confined Forme, but if you have it in Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, you can obtain the Prison Bottle to turn it into its Unbound forme. To get this, enter a Poké Mart with the Hoopa in your party, and talk to the clerk on the far left-hand side.

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@MidnightMedia The press release we got was specific to the United Kingdom, and I don't believe you guys have GAME stores down under anymore. So sadly, no, it doesn't :(

I hope that they eventually have a WiFi event in Australia (and Europe and the US of course), like they did with Diancie. Obviously that's not going to happen too soon since Hoopa is still a relatively new Pokemon, but hopefully in the next year or so. Hopefully.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
So if I lived in the U K I could go to like GameStop, or PlaynTrade. Not places like Target. Correct?
We do not have any of those stores here in the UK, so no. "GAME" is the name of the only major gaming store we have here.

This is hoopas unbound form for those who dont know...you can get access to this form with the prison bottle and gains the dark type instead of ghost. He also learns a new move called hyperspace fury which can break through protecthZyt8Ox.jpg

I might Get Hoopa on HALLOWEEN!!!(Or someone between oct-nov
I live in the UK anyways. I live near Enfield Town. They have GAME there.