• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hoopa Available in North America for a Short Time!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you're living in North America and originally missed your chance to get a Hoopa, your Pokédex will be happy to hear that a second chance Hoopa event has begun. By heading into the Mystery Gift menu, players with a North American copy of Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire can use the special code 2016HOOPA to download Hoopa onto your games.

For the record, yes, this code works for those of you living in Canada, too.

This particular event giveaway is only running for a very short time - from today until October 9th - so make sure to grab your Hoopa ASAP before your window of opportunity closes!

Stats for this Hoopa are as follows:

720_Hoopa_XY_anime v1.png

Name: Hoopa
OT: Alexander
Level: 50
Ability: Magician
Held Item: Smoke Ball
Attacks: Hyperspace Hole, Psychic, Astonish, and Nasty Plot​

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The only reason that I even had a Hoopa before now was due to a friend being gracious enough to give me one. Holding the distribution through McDonald's WiFi in Canada was a nightmare, and I never did manage to get it to work. It therefore makes me really happy to see them doing this distribution. Now I can actually get multiple Hoopa to share around like my friend did for me! :)