• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hoenn RP: Dimensional Crossroads

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
This has been on everyone's mind for literally months now but we all agreed to resist our urges until ORAS came out so that we could properly represent the new and improved Hoenn. Well ORAS is out so it is now time to get this RP started.

Thing is, no one quiet knows what we're doing yet. That's what this topic is for. Generate ideas. Since the RP is already beyond full capacity (that means closed :p), I've asked @StellarWind Elsydeon and @Kyubeon to help me run this thing. Depending what ideas we get depends on how we divvy up the RP since we may or may not need more than one thread for it. Below I have tagged all of the remaining participants that I know of.

@cloveria1215 @Tailon @Shocari @Dwayna DragonFire

Admin Edit by StellarWind Elsydeon: This is because we've already had two people who obviously can't read. Maybe this wasn't clear: We are NOT accepting new participants. This means if you are not Psycho Monkey, Kyubeon, Myself, or one of the people in the list above this notice, DO NOT post here. Next idiot to do so will be warned.

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Crys actually dropped out of the thing citing personal reasons. And this means we should probably have a head count first - just to see if anyone else dropped off on us. XD

It's also probably a good idea to list who is planning to catch what on this thread. I preemptively claimed Metagross and now that I know Dragalge is a thing I also claim it, but my other four spaces largely depend on what I even have left to work with. xD

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I'm totally still in for this! I have an idea for a Hoenn character who likes plants, so she'd totally be into Meganium. Other team members are yet to be decided, but most likely will be going along with the Grass type theme if that's the case. If not, I may just make a brand new character with other team members.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Froslass, Minun, Camerupt, Breloom, Beheeyem, and Pelipper is what my team looks like at the moment. All of these are, of course, negotiable (might trade loom for Roserade, for instance). Except Camerupt. Camerupt is not negotiable >:/

Tailon

Gryffindork
I think we should start by figuring out if we're working with new, starting trainers, or if the plot will be about more experienced trainers.

Well, we've done our fair share of RPs for new trainers and experienced trainers alike, so what if(and bear with me) we do one where we have experienced trainers kind of showing the newbies the ropes? Like some kind of mentor program? And then something happens and then boom, all of our people are now needed for whatever the thing is. Or something.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
How about we also have something to do with the mirage spots? Or those big stormy tears in the sky that appear? Like... we could do sonething like

They could meet alternate versions of themselves or something :'D I dunno, seemed fun and everything ahaha~

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Deleted a post by LucasOne and slightly edited the title post because obviously more people are unable to read things that aren't bolded, italicized and resized. <<

Stupid twelves.

Anyway, since no one grabbed Roserade yet after all, I'm making this official, as well as adding Zangoose to the pile alongside Metagross and Dragalge. That makes four, need to figure out two more.

Last edited:

Psycho Monkey

Thanks for clearing that up for the ignorant masses Stel.

Anyway, I have several character ideas I could use so which ever one I choose will depend on what kind of plot we go with. No matter which character I pick I'm using Kingdra which luckily hasn't been claimed yet. :)

I like Sho's idea about use using a mix between new and veteran Trainers but whether we go with a mentor program or some other reason to gather seven Trainers in one area still needs to be figured out. Contests or Mauville Cafe could be potential meeting grounds. Once we think of a plot we could pick a more relevant area.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I already know who I'm using - she's from Fortree, but I'll figure out how to yoink her to whatever relevant area. What point on her journey she's in remains to be seen. xD

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I think I'm going to do a new character concept instead. I'd like to claim Gardevoir, Froslass and Flygon right now, and tentatively Dustox, Blaziken and Magnezone, but I'm willing to let go of them. Other team members are still being considered. (I was told we could double up so that's why I also have Froslass, let me know if this is wrong.)

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
So here's a preliminary bio for this particular young lady:

Name: Riley Andrea Archer

Current Residence: Fortree City, Hoenn.

Appearance: A tall, willowy redhead with a pale, lightly-freckled complexion and midnight blue eyes, Riley keeps her wavy hair at slightly longer than shoulder length and often dresses in rather loose clothing made of light fabric, often in greens or blues.

Identifying Marks: None in particular.

Personality: Having spent most her life growing up in Fortree and quite a few years of it taking care of the house while her parents were away caused Riley to grow into an independent person who appreciates her peace and quiet. She's the sort of person you would find sitting by the window with a cup of mint tea and a good book listening to the wind and the birds as she reads - you know, the simple things in life. Riley is immensely fond of books - certainly preferring their company to that of people. Her particular passions lie in mythology, folk tales and philosophy - but she also has a keen interest in biology, mechanics and other things more nestled in the present than the past. She doesn't tend to worry about the future - she finds that it comes at its own pace.

Skills: Riley was blessed with both a very good memory and a knack for finding and cross-referencing information coupled with creative problem-solving skills - meaning that if she ends up caught in a situation she'd have probably read something about it and would be able to combine information with a healthy degree of fscking around to pull herself out of it. She also enjoys cooking and baking (well, she has to feed herself) and occasionally singing (when nobody's really watching, anyway).

History and Family: Riley Andrea Archer lived in Fortree City all her life, surrounded by nature and Pokémon. She was raised to be independent from an early age as her parents' jobs often kept one or both of them away from home for prolonged periods of time - especially once she was old enough to not require continuous supervision. She was always the sort to get along with people but not form long-lasting attachments and friendships - with the most major exception her cousin Jordan, who was a year older than her and lived nearby (though not quite next door) in Fortree. The two had a more sister-like than cousin-like relationship as children, but when Jordan turned 14 she was accepted to Pokémon Ranger School and set off to the Almia region - and while they still keep in touch, the duties of a ranger mean that long conversations and actual meetings are few and far between.

For most of her life she had little interest in Pokémon battles, content to learn about these mysterious creatures humanity shares its life with from the creatures around her and from books. In recent years, however, she started becoming curious about the notion of leaving her house and becoming a proper trainer, with all that entails. A series of events when she was 16 (involving a visit from her cousin, a rock slide on Route 120 and an impromptu battle with a Pokémon she befriended against a rampaging Wild Pokémon displaced by the rock slide) led her to finally set out on a journey across the Hoenn region. In accordance with her interest in history and myth she chose to take the scenic route across the region and spend time at various heritage sites and historical locations - and thus her journey stretched out over nearly two years. She has fairly recently (a few months prior to the events of the RP) returned home to Fortree (for more than a brief visit at least!) and probably did not expect things to go sideways in the unique way they are about to. Where that adventure would lead is anybody's guess.

Love Relationships: She has yet to meet anyone she's been particularly interested in, and that's probably how it's going to stay for a good long time.

Pokémon on hand:

Species: Galvantula
Nickname: Audax
Ability: Compound Eyes
History: Riley found a wild Joltik after it strayed into her house and apparently decided to settle down. She found herself befriending the little creature, who occasionally tagged along with her as she went out, sometimes straying off only to return to her house later. One excursion the Joltik chose to accompany her to was to the nearby Route 120, where a mysterious rock slide displaced some of the local wildlife - and her cousin Jordan, currently on vacation in Hoenn, felt it was her duty to use her ranger training to assist in the situation. Unfortunately, while Jordan was focusing her attention on clearing the rock slide, a rampaging wild Absol attempted to attack Riley. Fortunately, the Joltik sprung to Riley's defense, taking on the larger Dark-type and defeating it with some help from Riley's tactical guidance. Their bond now sealed in battle, the Joltik became Riley's first Pokémon companion. It was this event - and the newly christened Audax's bravery - that convinced Riley to actually go on a journey. Audax and Riley have been inseparable since, with the Joltik usually staying outside of her Pokéball until her evolution, which is when her size made it impractical. Even so, she is still somewhat of an outdoorsy Pokémon and Riley attempts to accomodate for that when she can.
Personality: Audax is an outgoing, inquisitive, playful sort - and as her name implies, a ball of unwavering spirit and conviction, especially in the face of bigger, meaner threats. As a Joltik, this was often comical - and opponents tended to underestimate the little arachnid until it was too late. While she lost this element of surprise as a fully evolved Galvantula, the sheer power boost she received more than makes up for it.

Species: Mismagius
Nickname: Strega
Ability: Levitate
History: Like many Ghost-types, the Misdreavus that would one day be Strega was drawn to Mount Pyre - where her relative strength and natural abilities allowed her to become a 'queen bee' of sorts for a group of trouble-making Shuppets who have been terrorizing visitors to the mountain for a while.

For a while she felt she had it all - and in spite of a certain nagging hollow feeling at the back of her mind and continuous thoughts of letting it all go and seeking a new path, she was lulled into complacence by her feelings of power and the admiration and toadying of her cronies... which eventually got to her head, leading to a certain degree of overconfidence.

Pride, as the say, goeth before a fall - and soon enough the Misdreavus found herself suffering a crushing defeat in battle. But when she turned to what she thought as her friends for help, she found nothing but mockery. The Shuppets, in all actuality, did not give a singular fuck about their "dethroned queen" - they followed her because her power was useful to them - and now that she has shown weakness, she was of more use as a feast of negative emotions than anything else - a feast that they have been "fattening her up" for since day one. Needless to say, that was a world-shattering revelation for the Misdreavus, who fell right for it - the feelings of betrayal and powerlessness on one hand and the desire to take vengeance on those who dared wrong her burned brightly in her mind and the Shuppets fed.

It was Riley and Audax who drove the Shuppets away - Riley unaware of the Misdreavus' past associations with them and Audax unwilling to allow "a bunch of bullies" to torment a weakened individual in this manner. With the immediate danger driven away, the exhausted Misdreavus could muster the energy to phase away into hiding.

It was only afterwards that Riley heard of the Misdreavus being the former ringleader of the Shuppet group and that most of the other visitors to Mount Pyre thought that she got what she deserved. Remembering what she read about Shuppets, and how they fed on negative emotions - and feeling that this lingering negativity could make things even worse in the long run, she sought out the Misdreavus out of interest in 'hearing her side of the story'. With the help of a local 'Hex Maniac', Riley finally found and communicated with the ghost - who recognized her and was surprised by her actively searching for her. Suspicious of her motives and obviously still very bitter, the Misdreavus has nonetheless agreed to share her experience with Riley - who proceeded to remind the Ghost-type that she has had her suspicions all along and that now it an excellent time to walk away and leave that life behind, as she so often wanted to do. She was free now - and that line of thought is a whole lot more helpful and less troll-feeding than the Negative loop she was stuck on.

But the negativity that was already there was a giant beacon and the Shuppets came again - still fairly drunk and empowered by all the negativity they absorbed already - and this time they intended to finish the job. Riley and the Hex Maniac joined forces to drive away the Shuppets - but the battle was mostly one of attrition until finally, the Misdreavus had a eureka moment as what Riley told her finally set in and rational thought had time to percolate and produce an emotional effect.

And the newly revitalized Misdreavus proceeded to kick the entire Shuppet flock's ethereal asses into next Tuesday.

Deciding that this victory was quite enough for her and admitting to herself that she still has much to learn, the Misdreavus decided to leave Mount Pyre and travel again. Riley asked the Misdreavus if she wanted to come with her - and the Misdreavus agreed, officially joining Riley's team.

She evolved within a certain ruin somewhere in Hoenn - drawn to a specific mural on a wall, she phased through it - and when she emerged again, she was bathed in the glow of evolution, having apparently been exposed a Dusk Stone within the rocky matrix of the wall the mural has been painted on. Curiously enough, the mural in question and what it depicted confused Riley at the time, though its meaning would become clear soon enough...
Personality: Strega has a certain strange, ghostly allure to her - and she knows it. She often uses it to her advantage and is quite flirtatious. She still has a tendency to follow her heart more than her mind - if anything, her past made her realize that she should trust her intuition even more, even when things seem promising - and is, as such, occasionally prone to acting first and thinking later. She shares Riley's interest in ruins and tales of the past, sometimes drawing inspiration from them for her "incantations".

Species: Dragalge
Nickname: Rhea
Ability: Adaptability
History: Rhea was fished out as a Skrelp off the coast of Slateport City. Largely indifferent to anything and everything at first, the Poison/Water-type took her capture as yet another new location that the currents of life made her drift to and figured she may as well enjoy the journey. Eventually evolving, the Dragalge seemed to face a mental block of some sort when it came to tapping into her Dragon side. Having heard of a tribe of Dragon Users that made their home in Meteor Falls - and already fascinated by their lore and histories - Riley made her way there and met with the Draconid People, asking to learn what they could teach her. She lived among the Draconids for a while, training with them and learning their ways and their mythology and developing a close Dragon/Dragon Tamer bond with Rhea - which eventually allowed her to come into her own as the full-on toxic sea dragon that she was meant to be. Both trainer and Pokémon have completed their training and learned much from the experience - and often harken back to this training when engaged in combat.
Personality: A very laid-back individual, Rhea is at her most content drifting around - enjoying the sun, the surf and no worries, mate. She is slow to anger, but do not let her calm demeanor fool you - she is still very much a Dragon-type, and the ancient primal power of her type courses through her veins, as if the powerfully corrosive venom she may produce was not deterrent enough.

Species: Roserade
Nickname: Antheia
Ability: Natural Cure
History: Antheia was caught as a Roselia, when Riley accidentally disturbed a patch of flowers on Route 117 that the Grass/Poison-Type has been obsessively caring for. The Roselia attacked fiercely - but was ultimately defeated and captured. After a period of confusion and adaptation, in which the newly-named Antheia was even more high-strung and fussy than usual, she eventually settled down and found her niche in Riley's team.

Riley found that the Roselia responded well to structure and routine and had a difficulty adjusting to changes - and that tending for flowers was a sort of a meditative activity that the Roselia adapted to help herself cope. Due to the technical difficulties that come from gardening whilst on the go and the fact that the life of a Pokémon on a journey is far more filled with changes than the life of a Pokémon living its life in one route, Riley found herself with an increasingly stressed Roselia and realized there had to be something else the Grass/Poison-type could pick up as a new meditative routine. The solution came from a new training regiment - part dance, part martial art - that the Thorn Pokémon could immerse herself in, serving the dual purpose of calming her mind and increasing her grace in battle.

Both Trainer and Pokémon however came to the realization that in spite of the beauty and grace the Roselia possessed, she was sorely lacking in power - and the Grass/Poison-type's perfectionist streak would not have it. A solution seemed to present itself in the form of a Shiny Stone that came into Riley's possession - and with its power, Antheia blossomed into a Roserade.
Personality: Prim, confident and elegant, Antheia maintains poise and grace in face of adversity. She has a need for routine, meticulous order and beauty in her life and strives for perfection in motion and in battle - and she can sometimes get utterly high-strung about it. This, unfortunately, leads to some rather rigid thinking on her part and particularly chaotic opponents may lead her to the verge of panic attacks, As such, Riley is wary of using her in combat against certain types of opponents as she attempts to work with the creature towards a solution.

Species: Zangoose
Nickname: Invictus
Ability: Toxic Boost
History: The runt of its litter, Invictus faced many struggles growing up. His small size and relative physical weakness made it difficult for him to compete with his siblings for food as a juvenile and to keep up with the rest of of the group while hunting - until at last, the group rejected him altogether. When Riley found him, the Zangoose was an emaciated, injured and exhausted creature, clinging tenaciously to life as he was scavenging in Fallarbor Town. Quickly capturing him and rushing him to the local Pokémon Center, where his injuries were taken care of and a longer-term treatment plan was devised - Riley nursed the Cat Ferret Pokémon back to health through a combination of proper nutrition, exercise and loving care, allowing him to catch up to the average Zangoose size and strength.
Personality: Though his life with his trainer has given him what he needed and more, Invictus has not forgotten his difficult early years and has a strong survival instinct. Out of battle he has a far less aggressive temperament than most others of his species, and he is certainly not one to pick fights on his own. If threatened, however, he will fight fiercely and has a higher tolerance for injuries and pain - including a degree of self inflicted pain, where he may sometimes poison himself to trigger his ability for a possibly tide-turning strength boost. Riley is not particularly happy about this habit, and Invictus tends to only use it as a last resort.

Species: Metagross.
Nickname: TBD.
Ability: Clear Body.
History: TBD.
Personality: TBD.

Last edited:

Psycho Monkey

Due to a severe lack of ideas on our part, Stel proposed we just get this thing started and see what kind of plot develops from the synergy between our characters. I'll try to get a first post up by the weekend so consider this to be last chance for requests :x

Also, don't forget to post bios!

EDIT: Due to various hick-ups and certain participants having to drop out, this RP will be put on hold until further notice. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone ^^;

Last edited:

Psycho Monkey

Double Posting to get attention!

Anyway, the topic of the Hoenn RP came up in Chat again tonight, and lo and behold we came up with an idea! In ORAS the Hoenn Battle Frontier is under construction at the Battle Resort to eventually replace the Battle Mason. Thing is, once the facility opens it'll need Frontier Brains to operate it. Therefore there will be a test of skills to pick the Brains before construction is complete. Obviously all participants in the RP will not be chosen because Emerald tells us who the seven Brains end up being.

What we still lack are what the trials will be, but we have time to figure that mess out. It'll probably involve travelling all over Hoenn just because we can and Hoenn is too beautiful to be stuck in one location. What I want to know is who all is still interested/available to participate in this. As it stands now, myself, @Shocari, @Tailon, @Kyubeon, and @cloveria1215 are in. @Dwayna DragonFire and @StellarWind Elsydeon are you both still going to participate?

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I believe I would still like to participate, yes, but I forgot this was a thing for a while so I'll have to throw my character profile together soon. I don't know a whole lot about Frontier Brains in the first place, but I'll look into it. I'll let you know if things change.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... I cannot think of a single character of mine who would have the slightest bit of interest in becoming a Frontier Brain, even in theory. Definitely not the character I was planning to use. <<

I dunno. I'll let you know if I can think of something.

Edit: As it turns out, I wasn't the only one who couldn't think of a character to fit this concept - and thus the whole Wild West Zombie Apocalypse (y'know, because Frontier... braiiiiiiiiins) collapsed into its own navel. But, fear not! Following a discussion on chat I am proud to announce that... Ladies, gentlemen and nonbinaries, we seem to have a general direction! *gasp*

... Hold on, let me put my storyteller hat on. Ahem.

Legends claim that the Pokémon Universe has been shaped by Dragons. Tales of Dragon-types as creators and guardians embodying the primal forces of nature abound in the mythology of many regions, and the unique power which they possess certainly appears to be draw on a certain universal paradigm, the essence that makes the universe what it is.

It makes a certain degree of sense, then, that the most major threat to the superiority of such beings are the otherworldly Fairy-types - beings possessing both an immunity to the power of Dragons and certain natural advantages over its wielders.

Now, what if these otherworldly beings came, literally, from another world?

What if Fairies represent an alternate paradigm to the Dragon-paradigm of the Pokémon World, a colour from out of space that seeped in through the cracks and attempted to rewrite the story of the Pokémon World to its own unknowable ends?

The events of the Delta Episode - and to a lesser extent, Generation 5 - suggest that there are a myriad of parallel Pokémon worlds where key events differed, creating multiple branching paths. It stands to reason that some Pokémon Worlds remain untouched by this alternate paradigm (the worlds where Generations 1-5 take place in, for example), whereas others were stained by it. Of those that were stained, some experienced integration (in which the two paradigms interwove without one supplanting another, a-la Generation 6), and in some the Fae Paradigm claimed the world completely and rewrote it.

Now, one such rewritten world threatens our own. Through means yet unknown (which may or may not involve a trapped hyperspace-djinn), dimensional rifts appear into just this manner of a Fae-world, which is seeking to parasitically spread its influence into another world. Things that do not belong in this world are leaking in while a variety of unusual phenomena appear to sweep through the Hoenn Region. Into this clash of dimensions our heroes - trainers, coordinators, travelers, you name it - are swept through the course of their own personal quests as they struggle to understand the cause behind the rifts and seek a way to end this threat to life as we know it.

Brace yourselves.
Weird Fae Shit is coming.

Psycho Monkey

I'll just leave this here. If the rest of you have bios ready, feel free to post them at any time.

Name: Dewey Fenwick
Hometown: Lilycove City, Hoenn
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 148lbs.
Hair: Wavy brown
Eyes: Brown
Clothing: Civilian clothes: Brown pants, black leather boots, a white shirt, a dark brown vest that has holsters for his two knives hidden under it.
Team Aqua uniform: Standard with his vest over top.
Identifying Marks: None but slouches a lot
Musculature: Built for swimming
Personality: A man bored with life who will do what he feels is necessary in his pursuit of science; ethics and morals be damned. Has a rebellious attitude and hates being told how he should live his life. He has no trouble collaborating and making compromises with others so long as he can still achieve his objectives.
Skills: Sailing, knot tying, navigation, and other skills necessary for boating; scuba diving; using his two knives as weapons and as tools; an understanding of marine biology gained from reading and some hands on experience though he has never actually attended any universities.

Past: The Fenwick family has been breeding and raising what they call “super-star” Pokémon for generations. Fenwick trained Pokémon are usable in battle, contests, athletic competitions, and various stage productions. Growing up, Dewey found the whole deal to be shallow and vain and resented the fact that his parents were trying to force the legacy on him. They even gave him their best Horsea, Tsunami III, and told him to raise it to their absurd expectations. Never mind the fact that Dewey was more interested in science and the natural world around him than he was material gain. All his life Dewey rebelled and fought against the oppression and tyranny until he finally got so sick of the pressure. He up and left with Tsunami when he was 13-year-old.

During the following five years, Dewy supported himself by working odd jobs that suited his interests and traveling the seas as a deckhand on various ships. It was during this time he acquired nearly all of his skills and knowledge regarding the ocean. Though he hated his family, he frequently found himself returning to his hometown of Lilycove City because of the port. He had considered just plain leaving Hoenn and never returning many times, but found a reason to stay in Team Aqua.

Dewey first learned of Team Aqua during the aftermath of a bar fight. He had been sitting in a pub with his sailor buddies, all minding their own business when some guy got all bent out of shape because a woman had hustled him in pool. Turns out the brute was the type to hit a lady. He picked up a billiard ball and threw it at the woman but was too drunk to aim, instead hitting one of the bigger and more irritable sailors. A huge brawl broke out that Dewey somehow managed not to get dragged into despite the fact all his buddies were involved. He snuck outside where he met the woman who set the whole thing in motion. They got to talking, one thing led to another, and the next morning he was waking up in her bed in a very good mood. Two things Dewey learned about her were her name, Chelsea, and that she was a member of Team Aqua, an organization dedicated to the expansion of the sea and the preservation of the Pokémon that call it home. Dewey was intrigued. This organization seemed right up his alley and he believed his knowledge and skill could be of use to the Aquas. He joined without a second thought and worked mostly as a researcher for Team Aqua completely abandoning his job as a deckhand. He was more interested in pursuing science than manual labor so the decision wasn’t hard at all.

Much of his research is designated to the study of how Water-types battle below the surface and what anatomical features give better combat advantages. The purpose of course is so Team Aqua can better adapt to their new world. He also has an insatiable curiosity in the power of the Legendary Kyogre and its ability to control the weather and sea, namely conservation of matter and energy. Just where is all that rain water going to come from and how will it raise sea levels?

Chelsea often accompanies Dewey on his field research making her his partner in more ways than one. Though the two are each other’s booty call they are not in a committed relationship and are free to see other people.

Family: The Fenwicks originated in Kanto but a branch moved to Hoenn sometime before Dewey was born. He is estranged from all them.
Love Relationships?: Dewey has an open-ended friends with benefits relationship with Chelsea out of mutual respect and fulfillment of biological needs.

Pokémon:
Species:
Seadra
Nickname: Tsunami III
Ability: Sniper
History: Tsunami was bred from good stock with two of her ancestors (the ones who share her name) being two of the best trained and most disciplined Pokémon raised by the Fenwick family. Both excelled in their fields and won numerous achievements and awards. Tsunami was full of promise and expected to follow in the footsteps of her ancestors to do great things. But she was given to Dewey upon hatching and it all went downhill from there.
Personality: Tsunami is dutiful to a fault. On the one hand she feels obligated to live up to the expectations of her family’s legacy but on the other she doesn’t want to go against her Trainer’s wishes giving her conflicting loyalties.

Species: Wartortle
Nickname: Jacques
Ability: Torrent
History: Even if he doesn’t look it, Jacques is over 100 years old which by Wartortle standards (1000 year life expectancy) makes him still a kid. While sailing to the Sevii Islands as a teenager, Dewey met Jacques as a Wartortle sitting on a rock like a grump. He continued to observe the Wartortle over the next few days and before the voyage was over, Dewey caught him. Since Jacques is the only Pokémon with hands Dewey owns, he frequently makes the Turtle Pokémon help with his work much to the latter’s chagrin. Jacques figures he’ll outlive his Trainer so he puts up with it simply because he figures he could use the exercise.
Personality: Jacques is a grump. A lazy grump. He’d much rather just sit around and be a grump. He reluctantly does the work given to him by Dewey but he’ll openly be a grump about it. Dewey calls him a grumpy old man because of this behavior.

Species: Carvanha
Nickname: Coriolis
Ability: Rough Skin
History: Dewey caught Coriolis on Route 118 sometime after joining Team Aqua. He serves his Trainer well when needed in battle.
Personality: While most Carvanha travel in schools for safety in numbers, Coriolis is a bit of a loner which made him an easy catch for Dewey. He loves to thrash about in battle, a feature Dewey often exploits for his research.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'm still running with Riley, I think, although I may or may not age her up a bit and give her more than one or two members of her team. Still pondering, tbf.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
So I guess to go along with this theme, I've decided to have a Ralts in my party , perhaps providing a catalyst for my character's dimensional traveling? I also gave him slight ties to Team Magma though he isn't a concrete member as of yet. Let me know what you think.

Name:
Sebastian Moore
Hometown: Fallabor Town, Hoenn
Height: 5'10”
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Amber
Clothing: Long black coat, red dress shirt with black tie, black belt with black suit pants and black dress shoes. Wears a silver chain necklace and carries an electric guitar (black and red in design).
Identifying Marks: Celtic Pentagram tattoo (black circle, red star) on the back of his neck.
Musculature: Slightly toned, but otherwise slender. Has developed a slight tan.
Personality: Sebastian is often a no-nonsense type of individual, unafraid to state his honest - and often colorfully-worded - opinion to someone's face, seeming to be very selfish in his ways. Despite this, he is a loyal and fierce comrade, willing to fight for his friends and values, but only if such a fight is completely necessary or unavoidable. Calculative and strict, he doesn't often waver from his ways... but when he does, he shows to be a kinder individual who will not hesitate to try and comfort others - after all, having his allies happy tends to be beneficial to him as well.
Skills: Talented in electric and acoustic guitar as well as singing. Sebastian learned basically everything else from his father, so he has some knowledge of martial arts, as well as decent survival and cooking skills. He is slightly stronger than an average person due to working out over the last few years, allowing him to carry a lot without fatiguing easily.

Past: When Sebastian was very young, his mother Destiny was often verbally abusive to both himself and his father Damion, leading him to believe it was perfectly normal to be as crass and unforgiving as she seemed to be. However, his father drew the line and divorced her when one night after drinking, verbal suddenly turned into physical in the form of trying to beat up Sebastian. Moving to Fallabor Town to live alone with his father - who was sufficiently more compassionate - Sebastian learned that it was better to be nice at least some of the time, so as not to cause others nearly as much harm. With his father being an experienced martial artist, he picked up some of the ability to defend himself in hand-to-hand combat if he ever needed to.

Sebastian took up guitar and vocal lessons in his teens instead of PokeMon training, looking to pursue a musical career. Getting together with a few of his buddies from school, they worked on creating a suitable band called the Prophets of Chaos that played metal music. However, everything changed when their lead singer - a woman named Erin - decided to join an organization known as Team Magma. Coming back to advocate the expansion of land for the betterment of civilization, she persuaded his other two friends that had PokeMon at the time to join up as well, leaving him out of the loop and conflicted. Upon learning that his long-since-estranged mother had died of an overdose, he started re-thinking his entire life up to that point and how he wanted to continue. After much consideration, he decided he would try his hand at this thing called PokeMon training, as an attempt to not only find himself but to decide once and for all whether or not he would follow in his bandmates footsteps.

Family: Father - Damion Moore, Alive. Mother - Destiny Cunningham, Deceased.
Love Relationships?: Due to his mother's influence when she was alive, Sebastian has been reluctant to enter the dating scene. However, he had made close friends with his three bandmates - Cecil the drummer, Wesley the keyboardist, and Erin the lead singer. After their departure to Team Magma, Sebastian has had little contact with them.

PokéMon:
Species:
Combusken
Nickname: Tyson
Ability: Blaze
History: As one of the starters given out by Professor Birch, Tyson was bred as a Torchic and handed over to Sebastian when he started his journey. He has trained long and hard with Sebastian over the past few months, and just recently evolved into a Combusken with the strict training regiment that was given to him.
Personality: Extremely adamant and set in his ways, Tyson understands and respects Sebastian's no-nonsense mentality when it comes to everything. He considers fighting with his human to be an honor.

Species: Dustox
Nickname: Sulfur
Ability: Shield Dust
History: As Sebastian's first encounter on Route 101, Sulfur has been with Sebastian since he was a Wurmple. As Sebastian was unsure of what he would evolve into, he did not get his nickname until he became a Cascoon, at which he was named aptly after the poisonous material.
Personality: Unlike his trainer, Sulfur is the calm sort that often thinks his actions through. However, this sort of calculative mindset aligns with Sebastian's well enough for them to work together.

Species: Ralts
Nickname: Lily
Ability: Trace
History: Obtained as the second addition to Sebastian's team on Route 102 after a long fought battle, Lily hasn't been used much and is thereby not very experienced in her trainers ways. As she seems a complete contrast to her trainer, Sebastian has been reluctant to call upon her abilities.
Personality: As a complete contrast to Sebastian's personality, Lily seems to be a humble and modest PokeMon. Perhaps her personality will help to balance him out, but only time will tell as she seems to be less than confident at the moment.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Just to clarify things, because a few people have been confused.

The world we're in follows X/Y/OR/AS's logic - one where the Fairy paradigm has integrated into the world as another type - rather than not affected it (a-la Gen 1-5) or consumed it completely (as in the encroaching parallel dimension we'll be dealing with) - so a Ralts being part Fairy wouldn't be odd or unusual at all. Fairy-types are a thing and have been a thing for as long as anyone can remember.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Dropping out since I don't have the energy to really immerse myself into another RP and I'm having enough trouble as is writing posts for the ones I'm currently in. As much as I love Hoenn and as much as I really -do- want to be a part of this, I don't want to drag this down by being a load (and don't even deny it, I will be a load).

Have fun with everything, guys! Will definitely be following the RP as it progresses :'D

Alright, provided you're all still cool with me joining in, here's my character's bio.

Name: Blair Addams
Hometown: Laverre City
Height: 5’4”
Weight: 135 lbs
Hair: Natural brunette, dyes it pink
Eyes: Yellowy brown
Clothing: White dress shirt under a high waisted brown skirt with a pumpkin theme, along with brown shoes and an orange neck ribbon.
Identifying Marks: Her bright hair makes her stand out like a sore thumb.
Musculature: Slightly plump, olive skinned.

Personality: Blair can come across as being a bit of a handful – she’s high energy, very curious and often demands attention from others by acting in slightly odd ways, such as acting inappropriately for the social context. This desire stems from both her past and her lack of self-confidence, which can cause her to become quite clingy with people who do pay attention to her. Sadly, this often has the adverse effect of making these people uncomfortable and distancing themselves from her, causing the whole cycle to repeat again. Blair is however, very well aware that she is what’s causing this problem, but isn’t entirely sure of how she should solve it. Attempts at radically changing her personality seem to fail, as she just comes across as fake, and she finds the idea of having another human actually care about her too addictive of a goal to give up on.

Skills: Bit of a jack of all trades, excelled at biology more due to being curious enough about topics presented to go do further reading than any actual talent for the area, or that’s what she thinks anyway. Very good seamstress as she tends to make a lot of her clothes herself, can be fairly creative at designing, but sucks at drawing said designs.

Past: Blair was a bit of a mistake, she wasn’t intended to be born. This was mainly due to the fact that her parents both had jobs which required them to move around Kalos a lot, and they felt it wasn’t a good environment to raise a child in. So, Blair ended up spending most of her childhood living with her uncle Mortimer in Laverre City. As he wasn’t overly interested in raising a child and also had a demanding job to hold down, most of Blair’s life was spent by herself, which resulted in her craving attention from others, lack of social skills, and belief in her inferiority, as after all, if she was a decent person, people would have put more effort into spending time with her.

Once her parents caught onto the fact that she was quite lonely, they reasoned that a Pokemon companion would possible help. Blair ended up choosing to adopt an abandoned Sableye, which was named Loki. While this did nothing to help her social skills with humans, it did greatly help to make life at home more tolerable for her. Eventually she started sneaking him to school, despite the no-Pokemon rule it had, as she preferred to spend her time with him rather than other children.

Aside from the neglect issues and not spending a lot of time making friends, Blair’s school years were fairly normal. Thanks to a bit of hard work, she did well enough in biology to get an internship for a year in Hoenn with a group of researcher’s working on the Pokedex. The job basically involved testing the validity of previous Pokedex entries, because at some point in time someone realized getting ten year olds to write this thing probably wasn’t the best idea. She’s hoping it will give her a good enough insight on whether she enjoys studying Pokemon enough to pursue it at a university level.

Family: Maria (Mother), Damien (Father), Mortimer (Uncle)
Love Relationships?: Has tried multiple times to form a relationship, but as her clingy behaviour tends to drive people away, nothing more permanent has ever occurred.

Species: Sableye
Nickname: Loki
Ability: Prankster
History: Loki was originally born to a Pokemon Breeder, but was abandoned after being determined that he wasn’t up to scratch. Was eventually adopted by Blair when she was a child.
Personality: He tends to be rather shy and timid around other human beings, often hiding behind Blair if they come near him. He generally takes a while to open up to new people, unless they provide him with tasty minerals to eat, in which case they instantly get a “BBF4LYFE” rating. After opening up, it becomes clear that he is a little bit cheeky, although still easily intimidated.

Species: Braxien
Nickname: Hecate
Ability: Blaze
History: Hecate was originally one of Mortimer’s Pokemon from when he was a trainer. He decided to give her to Blair, figuring that she’d have more fun with her rather than staying with him.
Personality: She considers herself to be gorgeous, sassy and powerful, a fact she will happily remind anyone of at every opportunity. She tends to look down upon those who can’t defeat her in battle, treating them with a certain amount of disdain. Those who can defeat her are given a kind of grudging respect, but she’ll generally try and think up other ways to ‘prove’ her superiority.

Woot woot bio

Name: Lavinia Grelle
Hometown: Lilycove City, Hoenn
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 125 lbs
Hair: Medium, typically messy and largely hidden under a beanie, white-blonde with some pale blue streaks dyed in on the left
Eyes: a soft chestnut brown
Clothes: a white vest over a navy blue t-shirt, off-white shorts, thigh-high navy socks, and black lace-up boots.
Identifying Marks: Just kind of gives off a natural...weird vibe.
Musculature: a bit wiry
Personality: Lavinia is a very quiet person, and chooses her words carefully. She's more likely to just sit idly by and watch instead of participate in a conversation.
Skills: Fairly good with words. Good at handling matters delicately.
Past: Lavinia grew up in Lilycove, and spent a lot of time at Mt. Pyre, where her parents worked. She ended up befriending a Shuppet, and subsequently started communicating with Ghost Pokemon, causing her to be very sympathetic towards people and Pokemon that would be considered "broken". Lavinia hates to see others suffer, and would gladly bear the pain for any of them if she could. She spent time at a technical school in Lilycove, graduating and becoming the equivalent of a full-fledged Trainer. Lavinia now spends her time travelling Hoenn, hoping to see ancient places that have a strong spiritual feel.
Family: Nathan Grelle(father), Miranda Grelle(mother)
Love Interests?: n/a

EDIT: guess who finally came up with nicknames

Pokémon:
Species:
Banette
Nickname: Xamarri
Ability: Insomnia
History: Banette has been friends with Lavinia since she was a child.
Personality: Much like how a child considers a toy their property, Banette seems to have formed a similar sense of posession towards Lavinia and won't let anyone who she perceives a threat come anywhere close.

Species: Growlithe
Nickname: Varmalus
Ability: Intimidate
History: Growlithe was found by Lavinia on Mt Pyre's summit, presumably grieving over a friend that was buried there. Knowing he couldn't stay there forever, Lavinia added him to her party, hoping to be able to ease his mind.
Personality: Growlithe is very laid back, and is basically a lazy lapdog.

Last edited:
Better than late never

Name: Anise Belmont
Hometown: Slateport City
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 140 lbs
Musculature: Curvy
Identifying Marks: She has a mole under her right eye
Hair: Dark orange cut in a medium bob. wear Vivillon hair barrette on the right side
Eyes: Pastel pink
Outfit: A hot pink off the shoulder top with a white tank top underneath, olive green shorts, white knee socks, and brown cowboy boots.
Personalty: Anise is a spoiled sweet and polite girl who's naive and shy around new people.
Skills: Akihito, drawing, gardening, gymnastics, and jewelry making
History: Anise is a potential heiress for the Belmont Shipping company. Her family moved from Kalos to Hoenn went she was 7 years old. Anise always had an interest in Pokemon. She loved watching her grandmother battle, but due to her mother complete and utter dislike of them, she wasn't allowed to raise one. When she turn 16, she got a job at the Daycare and went on a journey to explore Hoenn a year later, against her mother's wishes.
Family: Andre Belmont (Father) Chantal Belmont(Mother) Ivy (older sister) Henry (Little Brother)
Love Interest: N/A

Pokemon
Name: Ellie
Species: Cottonee
Ability: Prankster
History: Ellie was an abandon Pokemon that Anise found on Route 110.
Personalty: Ellie has a hard time trusting humans. She can come off as aloof and cold but has great amount of admiration for Anise

Name: Setsuna
Species: Togetic
Ability: Serene Grace
History: Anise received Setsuna as a thank you present from the daycare couple
Personality: Setsuna is jolly and hyper.

Name Giles
Species: Spheal
Ability: Thick Fat
History: Anise caught Giles during a vacation to Shoal cave. She raised him at the daycare.
Personality: Giles is very lazy and likes to take things at his own pace.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Some minor factoids to set the scene - these have been discussed in chat but not yet posted in the discussion thread yet - and I figured I probably should mention some details.

Timespan-ways, the events of the story begin in early autumn and run down towards the Pokémon World equivalent of Halloween for 'harmonic convergence' type reasons - in the fairy mythology of this world, Samhain (what became known as Halloween after Christianity came along and drew a crayon Jesus on it) is a day of peak activity for fae and a sort of "harmonic convergence" where the spirit world and the material world overlap. Felt somewhat symbolic to have the most major gateway incidents start around then.

Location-ways, we're aspiring to converge either in or around Lilycove - which is probably going to be the first city to experience some form of ill effects as a result of gateway incidents.

And of course, the incidents themselves, and introducing the first two faeforms we might encounter.

#000: "Gatekeeper"

[Illustration Pending]

General Description: Dimensional Link Anchor Construct-Being.
Attributes: Immobile, high defenses, no offensive capabilities of its own right.
Equivalent Types: [type="fairy"][/type] / [type="psychic"][/type]​

The focal point of all Gate Incidents, Gatekeepers are beings seemingly engineered to slip into gaps between dimensions, anchor themselves within a new reality and gradually widen the gap for others to follow, effectively opening a gateway to their dimension of origin. Roughly human-height, Gatekeepers appear to combine traits of bacteriophage viroids, plants and fungi. When one slips into the world it will seek a location to anchor itself, driving its tendrils into the ground and expanding them outwards. Eventually the tips of the tendrils emerge from the surface and split open into mushroom like caps, forming a "fairy ring". Within the ring space is slowly distorted as the gatekeeper's "flower" slowly opens. The further it opens, the more the immediate environment is affected and distorted, and the more beings can emerge through from the other side.

Gatekeepers appear to be motivated primarily by self-preservation and are prone to use illusion-fields to mask their presence from outsiders. These are not perfect illusions - typically, the small 'mushrooms' surrounding the fairy rings may be visible from outside the rings even if the inside is masked to avoid detection. Often strange lights may be seen in the general area, some fae-dimension plant-analogues may establish themselves on the rim of the affected area and images or sounds inside the ring can momentarily flicker into being on the corner of one's eye. As they are immobile once rooted and have no offensive capabilities on their won, Gatekeepers have acquired the ability to emit a psionic waveform that compels other fae-forms to defend them and their fairy rings. When a gatekeeper is present, other fae-form are usually not too far away, and unless the creature is disrupted, more may enter through the distortion it creates to protect it.

Hypothetically, a Gatekeeper's invasion happens in several phases. After one phase has established itself, the gatekeeper produces more tendrils which burrow deeper and wider,creating a larger diameter fairy-ring area and distorting the environment within and immediately around the ring even further. As a gatekeeper establishes itself further, it becomes less inclined to spend its energy on illusions and more on advancing the effects of the rift and summoning large, more powerful guardian fae to protect it. Conditions near advanced-phase gatekeepers are said to be so close to their dimension of origin that the border between realities becomes immensely blurred. Still, the crossover between dimensions requires the presence of a gatekeeper to maintain - and should the creature be disrupted, reality as we know it will quickly assert itself over the encroaching parallel reality attempting to supersede it.

#001: "Gnome"

[Illustration Pending]

General Description: Diminutive, Subterrene Sprites.
Attributes: Spry, evasive, prone to escaping underground. Often found in groups.
Equivalent Types: [type="fairy"][/type] / [type="ground"][/type]​

On a quick glance, these creatures superficially resemble the stereotypical garden gnome - diminutive in physique, bearded and appearing to wear a conical hat and loose-fitting clothing. A closer look, however, paints a rather different picture. The 'triangular hat' is, in fact, a rotary drill-like construct covered in small spines which may or may not be some type of sensory organs which serves as the creature's head. It is attached to a flexible neck largely masked by a ruff made of mineral fibers. Their legs appear bent backwards and resemble bird legs, their arms are tipped with small claws and the 'loose fitting clothing' are actually flaps of loose skin.

Gnomes are tunnelers, spending most of their time burrowing underground using their drills and arms, only rarely surfacing. They are not particularly dangerous, intelligent or aggressive, but they are mischievous and are fond of shiny objects - particularly metals and gems - which they are known to abscond with and hoard in their underground tunnels. Some, however, take to hoarding stranger objects. Minor rashes of petty thefts, upturned gardens and hastily dug holes are possible indicators of Gnome activity.

And finally a comment: just as Pokémon do not die in battle but faint instead, so do fae forms in our world. Due to their non-native state, however, upon having their energy exhausted (or gatekeeper anchoring them collapsed) most faeforms revert to a wisplike form and 'evaporate' back into their dimension of origin.

A gatekeeper that has been sufficiently disrupted collapses onto its own core in a black-hole-like manner, drawing all fae-form near its former sphere of influence into itself before reality repairs itself, unless another gatekeeper is present near enough to serve as an alternate anchor for these forms. In general, defeating a gatekeeper will resolve whatever phenomena have been occurring in its area, though sometimes residual effects of the gatekeeper's presence remain even afterwards (such as reshaped plant growth and mineral formations).

Last edited:
My sincerest apologies for my absence recently - I just wanted to say that I'm still interested, and I will have a post up for you all within the next day or so. I'm really sorry about the delay.