• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Hoenn, a region under tyranny.

Which of the gym leaders would you like to be rebellion-friendly?

• Roxanne

• Brawly

• Wattson

• Flannery

• Norman

• Winona

• Tate and Liza

• Wallace

Results are only viewable after voting.
“Huh...I never really thought about dual types that much. They’ve always been natural to me. Then again, I’m also not trying to maintain any sort of dojo like your dear old dad,” Delilah chuckled. As passionate as she was about her ability to train pokemon, she had a tendency to be a bit oblivious to body language. The silent moment of thought held by Kyra went completely unnoticed by her.

When Kyra mentioned testing if Weedle still remembered his moves, she considered it before ultimately refusing the offer. “I suppose I should see what he remembers before we go into battle, but the poor guy has already been through a lot. He probably needs a bit of rest before he can do any-”

“Weedle, weed!”

Delila looked at her Weedle in surprise. “Alright, alright! No need to cause an uproar. We can test your moves here. Let’s just take a moment to catch our breath first.”

The black and yellow trainer leaned her back against a nearby tree as she and Kyra conversed. While they still appeared to be lost in the forest, it was nice knowing that perhaps they could find their way out together. An added bonus was that this girl looked like she was tough as nails, which could be seen in the way that she carried herself. The fact that she was brought up in a dojo made all the more sense.

Delilah’s expression turned a bit more Somber as Kyra explained what she was doing before ending up in this forest. The fact that this young girl had already claimed four gym badges was impressive, especially since it was four more than Delilah had. Nevertheless the bug trainer’s heart went out to her. Having victory so close only to have it ripped away must have been frustrating. “I’m sorry to hear about that. I’m glad you have the determination to keep your eyes on the goal, though! Both of us need to find whoever robbed us and make them pay!”

“Unfortunately, I can hardly remember anything before showing up here, honeycomb...that’s a little nickname I call my fans. Pretty cool, huh?” She gave Kyra a cheesy smile and a thumbs up.

“Anyway, the last thing I remember was falling asleep in this new Inn they built in Petalburg City, which is where I’m from. I was so tuckered out from winning battles that I finally needed time to catch up on some sleep.” Delilah ran her hands through her messy hair, “then I woke up and I was laying down in the forest here, and my Beedrill had reverted back to a Weedle. Anything in between those two memories is just gone.”

She looked Kyra in the eyes as though she had a sudden realization. “Hey, if you and I experienced pretty much the exact same thing, then maybe we aren’t the only ones. Perhaps there’re more people out there who got robbed!”

Kyra looked hard at Delilah for a moment when the comment about her father came up but after watching her for a bit she realized that Delilah was genuinely that clueless. The young woman was rather interesting, while somewhat air headed she was alone, robbed and lost and she did not seem at all scared. Kyra liked that kind of attitude and resolved to help Delilah get back home.

When the Weedle made his protest she chuckled once more, "it seems he has a difference of option with you. I think you better give him his way seeing as he is sitting five inches from your face." She also was rather interested to see if a de-evolved pokemon kept its moves especialy since she had never heard of a pokemon de-evolving.

"Honeycomb?" She just shook her head and smiles "Yea that's a cool name." She laughed, "do you have t-shirts printed yet."

"So you were kidnapped from your hotel room while I was on the road." She shook her head, "no coloration there at all." She thought for a moment, "Wait Petalburg City, where is that? I have never been outside of Kanto and I am not familiar with that location." She thought for a moment, "Since that isn't in Kanto we were not anywhere near each other so that rules out any kind of proximity. So unless our theif can teleport that means it was a group effort."

Kyra thought on Deliliah's words for a moment. "Yeah I think that is a good possibility, guess it depends on how large the organization is and why they are doing this in the first place."

OOC - Oh boy. Quadra scenarios incoming!

Petalburg PKMN Center

"How's he looking, Joy?" Norman folded his hands across his chest, feeling distinctly uncomfortable under the brunette's intense scrutiny. Nurse Joy had a particularly penetrating stare, and had on more than one occasion made Norman feel like he was a specimen under a microscope. He hated being watched by those twin shards of icy grey eyes, flecked with the lightest shade of blue... and she had just said something...

She raised an eyebrow elegantly and shot him an exasperated look. "Are you even listening to me Norman?"

The man in question nodded sheepishly and shot his kangaskhan Kurt an annoyed glare when the pokemon broke out into a deep rumbling snicker. "Ah... You said he would be okay." He guessed, praying he was right. The last time she had lectured him it had lasted an entire fifteen minutes. It'd felt like a year.

"As I was saying," she continued, satisfied he apparently had been listening. "A few days of bed rest and the squirtle you brought me will be back on his feet in no time." She tapped her clipboard a few times with her pen and nodded to herself. "That's about it."

She made to go, but paused and turned around at the last second. "I almost forgot. There was a call for you a little while ago, it was Wattson."

At the mention of his most dearest friend, Norman smiled. "Thank you Joy," he replied, then watched her go until she was out of his sight. Kurt's snickers had grown to a deep chuckle, and Norman sighed helplessly as he looked at the massive pokemon. "Come on you oaf, let's go home." He withdrew a pokeball and recalled his trusted companion, feeling an echo of sadness as silence rushed to fill the laughter that had previously filled the room.

As Norman stepped outside the pokemon center and into the soothing warmth of the sunlight he looked up and saw above him a cloudless sky stretching out as far as the eye could see, a vast ocean of blue. After a moments appreciation, he took out his cellphone and flipped it open, his fingers already dialling a number he had long since memorized.

The phone rang three times, when the fourth was intercepted by a booming voice that answered the call.

"Norman!" Wattson bellowed good-naturedly.

"Watson," Norman replied calmly, but he could not help but grin. "Still as loud as ever I see, how's the belly?"

"Coming along nicely, thank you very much. What about you, are you still wearing that ridiculous pair of flip-flops?"

"Their called sandals, and I'll have you know that its far more comfortable than shoes. Besides, you're one to talk about fashion, last I recall your favourite shirt was pure yellow."

They broke into chuckles, and Norman felt the tension in the pit of his stomach unravel. "Ah, I've missed you my friend." He sighed. "Things have been a bit rough lately. I can't help but wonder if its not too much..." He paused, uncertain how to continue.

"You know I'd support you if you truly do go down that road." The rotund gym leader's voice was collected and firm. "They're wrong about pokemon. And we both know it's just propaganda to control the populace."

This wasn't the first time they had had this conversation, and Norman felt his stomach clench again. This time though, it was different. Anger suffused his voice and he clenched his fists. "If only we were younger, Wattson. Our time is over, besides, they're far too strong now. Where are we going to find a group of like minded individuals who want to overthrow this regime? I can barely sway some of the other gym leaders to lessen the cruelty around themselves, never mind convince them of actual rebellion. Team Elite has the next generation under their thumb." He shook his head bitterly. "I fear it is already too late."

"At least there's still plenty of fight left in this old man. Don't be such a pessimist, Norman. Just the two of us can affect plenty of change." Wattson roared, and Norman felt a smile tug at his lips.

"Maybe your right. Maybe its time we did something, before its really too late."

"That's the spirit. I'll be waiting for that call."

"Take care, my friend."

On the outskirts Rustboro City

Sam could only watch on in horror and fear as the strange trainer barked out a command, following which his fierce looking mini-otter pokemon began to glow with a supercharged red aura. In the next moment, as Feisty was recovering from his aggressive tackle, the unknown pokemon struck.

The purple rat pokemon was flung back by the force of the blow and landed in a crumpled bundle near where the young boy stood, and Sam felt his heart skip a beat. But before he could take a step toward the fallen ratata, Feisty stirred and clambered to his feet, bruised but alive.

Sam felt his relief drain from him as he turned to regard the other person in the clearing. His pokemon had dropped into an offensive crouch and although Feisty bared his fangs and hissed at the opposing pokemon, the small diminutive otter did not move a muscle. Despair settled into Sam's stomach like a brick sinking in water, what was he going to do?

"A-are you a ranger?" He stammered out, noting for the first time that the other boy, who could not have been older than twenty, was not wearing the standard black and green uniform of the ranger association. Nor was he wearing the gold and black uniform of Team Elite.

Hope flared inside his chest. Maybe the other kid wasn't here for his pokemon.

With Ayce, Serene, Sarah, Piper and Dejamaru

"They're here." Someone whispered to the left of him, Piper perhaps, and Ayce nodded.

"We know you're there." He called out calmly. "Come out."

POV change

A slight rustle of leaves and then three uniformed rangers broke out of the foliage a little ways from the main group of young adults, who exchanged tense looks with each other. The two parties came to a halt and faced off against each other as the pokemon in the clearing took on defensive postures in anticipation for a fight.

"This is ranger Clarissa." The woman in the middle spoke up. "I see that there is a ranger among you. Identify yourself, stranger. Who are you, and under what jurisdiction are you in our patrol territory."

Beside her, Mikael jerked and hissed under his breath to her. "There's an assortment of extremely rare pokemon here. I think these guys are with Team Elite."

Clarissa's cobalt eyes widened in surprise, but her companion's words were true. None of the pokemon gathered were native to the forest. A scyther, an eevee, a growlithe, a wingull, a fox with red tinted fur and a small ball of purple fluff rounded out the assortment of pokemon in the clearing and the ranger swallowed hard.

Each and every one of the pokemon were stock still and alert, with no signs of fear or aggression. Unlike her own sableye who was hissing and shifting nervously, the adversaries were completely still. That type of discipline meant they were very well trained and were no strangers to combat. Outnumbered and outskilled, most likely, these were some of the worst odds Clarissa never wanted to have. What if she had stumbled on a secret Team Elite mission? Were they about to be silenced?

POV change

Ayce looked over at Piper, who shook her head ever so slightly. She clearly didn't recognize them, which was good and bad news.

"I'm afraid we can't answer that." He was thinking about how to explain to the three people in front of him that they had all been warped here against their will and had no clue what was going on, without sounding like a complete lunatic belonging in the mental asylum, when one of the rangers spoke up and interrupted him.

"Our apologies. We did not realize you were with Team Elite. Please forgive our intrusion, if there is anything we can do for you all, please tell us." He looked extremely nervous as he shuffled from foot to foot.

His nincada was all abuzz too, and Ayce felt a little bad for the entire situation. But at the mention of Team Elite, he winced and felt a phantom echo of pain in his head. That name again.

"We aren't with Team Elite." Ayce surreptitiously glanced at his party members while he spoke. No guilt or surprise when he mentioned Team Elite, it seemed none of them knew anything about that group either. They were all in the same boat.

POV change

Clarissa felt a trickle of icy fear dance across her spine as the boy's expression changed when Pier mentioned they were Team Elite. His answer further cemented her dread. And was that murder in the eyes of the agent on the ground?

"We aren't with Team Elite." His voice was cool, almost cold. His eyes flickered to his teammates and in that moment Clarissa knew they were screwed. This must be a top secret mission that no one was supposed to know about, and they had just stumbled on it by accident. Did the boy just pass a message to his teammates and they were about to attack? Clarissa had heard of the stories. Every ranger knew about the secretive squadrons of Team Elite. They were supposed to be professional agents of the highest caliber, whose teamwork and individual skills were the stuff of legends.

Gulping, Clarissa quickly moved to speak before they struck. "Listen, I won't report this to command central. We were never here and we didn't see anything. Please let us go." She was practically begging at this point.

POV change

"Listen, I won't report this to command central. We were never here and we didn't see anything. Please let us go."

Ayce was confused and unsure of what to say. What had just happened? Had they just been confused with Team Elite? Everyone else around him was equally confused, judging by their incredulous expressions. Dejamaru was grimacing in pain, but also seemed bewildered by what was going on.

"Okay." Ayce shrugged. At least this was better than fighting. Relief flooded Clarissa's face and the three of them recalled their pokemon and turned to go.

"Wait." Ayce called out, thinking quickly. "Who is Team Elite. I mean..." He paused, trying to figure out what to say. "Tell me everything you know about Team Elite." Ayce winced, hoping they hadn't figured out from his slip-up that they were not in fact Team Elite.

POV change

"Tell me everything you know about Team Elite."

Clarissa shot her teammates a confused glance. Was this a strange test of their loyalty? Although on paper the ranger association was a separate entity from the private Team Elite, everyone knew that the latter controlled the former entirely. "Um. Team Elite is the organization responsible for the protection of our region and serve as the primary line of defence against the savage monsters that threaten our peaceful world." She recited dutifully, trying not to think too much about the, in her opinion, clearly over exaggerated claim.

POV change

Ayce nodded thoughtfully to himself. That made a lot of sense, perhaps they had all been brought from their respective worlds to assist this Team Elite in repelling whatever evil monsters threatened this world. "Just one last thing before you go, do you know where we can find these savage monsters?" He added.

POV change

Clarissa blinked in consternation. "They're called pokemon. They are everywhere, sir." Then she quickly left with her teammates before the guy could change his mind. Clearly, he was crazy. Vowing to never get mixed up with Team Elite affairs ever again, she sprinted away, trying to get as far away from the Team Elite squadron.

"Close call, Rissa." Pier muttered in relief, and Clarissa didn't even bother smacking him for his informal address. It had been a close call indeed.

Team Elite Squadron Six

Three men in white uniform, trimmed with gold stood atop a cliff overlooking a solitary dragon pokemon.

"So this is the pokemon we're looking for?" The man in the middle nodded at the sleeping form of the Salamence a little ways below them.

"Yep. Red wings and all. We're supposed to bring it back alive, Prof wants to play around with it." The man who spoke lounged lazily on the warm clay floor of the mountain path they were on. The fading sunset's radiant glow refracted into a rainbow shade of colors on his translucent goggles.

The third member of their party scoffed as he leaned back and fingered his pokeballs. "That man is sick in the head. Have you seen the monsters he creates?"

"That is none of your business. Genome sequencing is an art with very little success rate and something I highly doubt you could appreciate. Your puny mind simply cannot imagine the marvel and possibilities that lies inside these creatures." The first man reprimanded.

"Oh shut up Scott." The third man growled. "Need I remind you that the last time Prof asked us to get him an exploud, he ended up fusing it with a golbat. Only instead of getting a flying sound generator, he ended up with a useless monstrosity that couldn't even fly."

"One of these days Klein, it will work and you'll be left looking like an antiquated idiot." Scott muttered sourly.

"Ladies..." The second man drawled lazily from his position on the ground.

"Shut up Steve." Scott and Klein said in perfect synchronicity. They shot each other a glance of annoyance and then looked away at the exact same time.

A moment of silence fell.

"Well? What are we waiting for?" Klein snapped finally.

"The sunset." Steve grinned. "It's almost over."

Klein threw his hands in the air in exasperation. "Come on!" He pulled out his pokeball and released his golem. "Golem. Rollout then Self-destruct." He pointed at the still sleeping salamence. "Go."

As the pokemon dutifully went to carry out his instructions, Steve looked over at him. "That's like what, the seventieth pokemon you sent out to die?"

Klein shrugged carelessly. "Something like that. I'll just pick another one when we get back to base. What? Jealous you didn't think of it first?"

Steve rolled his eyes.

OOC - There we go.

Last edited:

Rex

Resident Furry
Dodger pivoted left, pointing his scalchop, in his right paw, directly at his opponent. A blade of water extended from the shell's edge. The Oshawott was clearly ready for more, and so was the Rattata, which had risen to its feet despite the hard hit it had just received. It didn't seem like the Ryan's opponent was, though. The boy stammered out a strange question, one which caught Ryan by surprise.

"Are you a ranger?" The boy asked. The question conjured images of orange and black clad conservationists, protectors of the environment and careless trainers alike. Ryan had met a number of them in his travels, and while he had a great deal of respect for them, he certainly didn't count himself among their number. The trainer looked down at his outfit, picking at his very blue jacket, before looking back at the kid.

"No?" Ryan replied incredulously. Did rangers in Hoenn wear blue? He could certainly see why the strange boy would be confused, if that was the case. "Are you lost? The road isn't too far behind me." Helping lost trainers was in fact part of the job of an Unovan ranger, was this kid waiting for help or something? Ryan turned to look over his shoulder, then back towards the Trainer. "Wait, didn't you challenge me? You're a strange Trainer, kid..."

"W-wait." Sam whisked his ratata up in his arms and chased after the older kid. "If you aren't a ranger, then what are you? Don't you know its illegal to have a pokemon?"

Sam blushed as he realized that he too was partaking in this illegal activity. "And what's a trainer?"

Petalburg Woods

"What." Ayce's stunned expression turned to those of his teammates. "Does anyone have any idea what she meant? Pokemon are savage monsters?" He finished incredulously. "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. This Team Elite sounds like bad news."

A thought struck him and he turned to face his fellow companions, realization dawning on his face. "I think I understand why we were brought here. I think we're supposed to fight against this Team Elite." He shivered as he said it, feeling apprehensive. "What do you guys think?"

Last edited:
Delilah half-scoffed at Kyra, in a way that implied she really had no control over her Weedle when he wanted to do something.

Regardless, this fighter had brought up an interesting point. It would appear that she wasn’t from the Hoenn region like Delilah was. How could people from different regions just suddenly end up in a forest without any of their items? She was right, perhaps this was more than simple thievery. At this point it was a full blown mystery.

But that was enough pondering. For the time being, Delilah was going to test what moves her Weedle could remember. Rolling up her sleeves, the energetic trainer spoke in the same excited voice she used when talking about her grandeur. “Petalburg City is where I’m from. Born and raised by my parents. I may not have been the reason it was put on the map, but my reputation will be the reason people around the world will remember its name! But enough of all this talk. It’s time to show you my bite is as good as my bark!”

Delilah looked at her pokemon partner face to face. “Alright. Weedle! She wants a show, let’s give her a show!”

“Weedle!” exclaimed her pokemon as he jumped from her shoulder to the ground in front of her. Both of them were facing a nearby tree.

“This tree thinks it can beat me,” she said, as if trying to excite both Weedle and herself. “Now, let’s show this plant that it can’t! Weedle, use Twineedle!” Delilah extended her arm and sternly pointed at the tree.

A minute went by. Then two. Then three. Weedle turned around and looked at her with his head tilted. “Weedle?”

Delilah was stricken with grief. “You...you don’t know Twineedle?”

She balled her hand into a fist and grunted confidently. “That’s no matter, we’ll show this puny thistle! Weedle, hit it with Pin Missle!”

Once again, the Weedle was baffled. It became more and more apparent that he didn’t retain knowledge of his attacks from when he was Beedrill. Above that, he wasn’t necessarily in the best form to do these attacks.

Now even more dejected, she lifted a finger as if to suggest her next attack instead of commanding it. “Uh...Fury Attack?”

At last, Weedle nodded to her and proceeded to use his pointed tail to strike the tree a total of three times. While it wasn’t exactly one of his best attacks, Delilah was relieved that he at least remembered one of his moves. A pokemon with amnesia did not an efficient trainer make.

After his attack was finished, Weedle looked distressed. He was a bit disheartened that he was no longer as powerful as his trainer wanted him to be. A hot feeling of embarrassment washed over him while he thought himself inept for forgetting some of his most powerful moves.

Despite the upsetting news about her Weedle’s lost attacks, Delilah still smiled wide and pumped her fist. “This is great!” she exclaimed, “I knew my Weedle would be alright! Even in his unevolved form, he can still wreak havoc on his enemies!”

Weedle practically shrieked in surprise. Where he thought he may have disappointed her, Delilah still talked him up as though he were a legendary pokemon. That was because in her eyes, he was. The bug pokemon knew she loved him, but he hadn’t thought she would boost his confidence even when he’d fallen short.

Delilah jogged up to him and held her hand out. There was a moment of hesitation for him, but inevitably he responded in kind by crawling up her arm and back onto her shoulder.

With her arms crossed, the enthusiastic trainer grinned at Kyra. “Pretty impressive, huh? I’ve had him since I was about 15, and he continues to amaze me. Such talent can only be controlled by an equally talented trainer, of course.” Reaching out and patting Kyra on the shoulder, Delilah continued, “remind me to get your shirt size later on. You’ll be the first to get one as soon as they’re made.”

The bug enthusiast gave her a genuine smile. “In the meantime, let’s hurry up and find a town. Once we do we can get some grub, some water, then find whoever did this and make them pay!”

Rex

Resident Furry
In picking up his Pokemon, the young boy signaled that this exchange of blows was already at an end. Dodger dispelled the watery blade on the edge of his scalchop, and returned it to its place on his stomach. Ryan, meanwhile, stuck his hands in his coat pockets, smiling lightly at this strange child, now running over to Ryan.

"If owning a Pokemon is illegal, than I guess what I am is a criminal," he joked. Still, this kid had some strange ideas, and he didn't even know what a Trainer was? "Aren't we like, half a mile at most from a major Pokeball manufacturer? And a Gym, for that matter? I mean, I get being sheltered, my parents weren't exactly enthusiastic to see me leave home after what happened to my eye, but seriously..."

The Trainer turned on his heel, and started heading back towards the road, Dodger following along behind him. Really, Pokemon being illegal, that was almost as ridiculous an idea as... Well, Ryan guessed it wasn't the strangest thing that had occurred today, actually. He still had no idea how exactly he arrived in Hoenn, after all.

Delilah half-scoffed at Kyra, in a way that implied she really had no control over her Weedle when he wanted to do something.

Regardless, this fighter had brought up an interesting point. It would appear that she wasn’t from the Hoenn region like Delilah was. How could people from different regions just suddenly end up in a forest without any of their items? She was right, perhaps this was more than simple thievery. At this point it was a full blown mystery.

But that was enough pondering. For the time being, Delilah was going to test what moves her Weedle could remember. Rolling up her sleeves, the energetic trainer spoke in the same excited voice she used when talking about her grandeur. “Petalburg City is where I’m from. Born and raised by my parents. I may not have been the reason it was put on the map, but my reputation will be the reason people around the world will remember its name! But enough of all this talk. It’s time to show you my bite is as good as my bark!”

Delilah looked at her pokemon partner face to face. “Alright. Weedle! She wants a show, let’s give her a show!”

“Weedle!” exclaimed her pokemon as he jumped from her shoulder to the ground in front of her. Both of them were facing a nearby tree.

“This tree thinks it can beat me,” she said, as if trying to excite both Weedle and herself. “Now, let’s show this plant that it can’t! Weedle, use Twineedle!” Delilah extended her arm and sternly pointed at the tree.

A minute went by. Then two. Then three. Weedle turned around and looked at her with his head tilted. “Weedle?”

Delilah was stricken with grief. “You...you don’t know Twineedle?”

She balled her hand into a fist and grunted confidently. “That’s no matter, we’ll show this puny thistle! Weedle, hit it with Pin Missle!”

Once again, the Weedle was baffled. It became more and more apparent that he didn’t retain knowledge of his attacks from when he was Beedrill. Above that, he wasn’t necessarily in the best form to do these attacks.

Now even more dejected, she lifted a finger as if to suggest her next attack instead of commanding it. “Uh...Fury Attack?”

At last, Weedle nodded to her and proceeded to use his pointed tail to strike the tree a total of three times. While it wasn’t exactly one of his best attacks, Delilah was relieved that he at least remembered one of his moves. A pokemon with amnesia did not an efficient trainer make.

After his attack was finished, Weedle looked distressed. He was a bit disheartened that he was no longer as powerful as his trainer wanted him to be. A hot feeling of embarrassment washed over him while he thought himself inept for forgetting some of his most powerful moves.

Despite the upsetting news about her Weedle’s lost attacks, Delilah still smiled wide and pumped her fist. “This is great!” she exclaimed, “I knew my Weedle would be alright! Even in his unevolved form, he can still wreak havoc on his enemies!”

Weedle practically shrieked in surprise. Where he thought he may have disappointed her, Delilah still talked him up as though he were a legendary pokemon. That was because in her eyes, he was. The bug pokemon knew she loved him, but he hadn’t thought she would boost his confidence even when he’d fallen short.

Delilah jogged up to him and held her hand out. There was a moment of hesitation for him, but inevitably he responded in kind by crawling up her arm and back onto her shoulder.

With her arms crossed, the enthusiastic trainer grinned at Kyra. “Pretty impressive, huh? I’ve had him since I was about 15, and he continues to amaze me. Such talent can only be controlled by an equally talented trainer, of course.” Reaching out and patting Kyra on the shoulder, Delilah continued, “remind me to get your shirt size later on. You’ll be the first to get one as soon as they’re made.”

The bug enthusiast gave her a genuine smile. “In the meantime, let’s hurry up and find a town. Once we do we can get some grub, some water, then find whoever did this and make them pay!”

Kyra made herself more comfortable as she took a relaxed seat on the large rock. She watched Delilah send her Weedle against the imaginary tree foe. At the first two failed attacks she tried really hard not to wince at the confused looks the poor Weedle was giving his trainer.

After the fury attack went off she smiled at seeing the strong bond that Delilah had with her Weedle. Many trainers would have been disapinted and it would have horribly hurt their pomemon's confidence. After the display was over she smiled and leap lightly down from the rock onto her feet clapping. "

"What a great show, your Weedle is really powerful I can't wait to battle him at some point." She carefully watched the Weedle to see how his confidence was doing as she talked. " That tree never stood a chance." She hoped she did not go to far with that last one as she did not want to sound like she was mocking the girl or her Pokemon. The trainer was kinda oblivious but she wasn't sure the Weedle was.

"As for my shirt size I wear around a medium." She looked around, "so finding a town sounds like a great idea." Her stomach complained loudly as she said this and she remembered that she had not had anything to eat since yesterday. She coughed covering her embarrassment, "I am so hungry I could eat a ponyta."

Kyra carefully scanned the area and her environment trying to put all the survival knowledge she had to use. "She turned and pointed to one side of the clearing. That way should be north if I am not mistaken. So let's go get out of these woods." The teenager started walking in the direction she pointed.

Weedle appreciated the kind remarks by Kyra, regardless of whether or not there was a slightly condescending undertone. Unlike Delilah, he was much more humble, and could admit when he may be taking on a challenge that is too big for him. Besides, even though they’d only known each other for a short amount of time, he knew that Kyra meant well.

“Thanks! I can’t wait to see your pokemon too! I haven’t seen a lot of fighting pokemon in action.” She scoffed, "I highly doubt they could beat my Weedle. He's unstoppable." She held out her hand assuredly. "When we do battle, don't worry. I won't let him beat your pokemon too badly."

As the two began walking, Delilah let out a sigh. “I have to agree, though. All this performing has certainly worked up an appetite. I really hope we’re in the Hoenn region. Mauville has some pretty great breakfast place.”

Kyra, smiled good naturally and laughed, "I am sure it will be a spectacular battle. We will have any audience riveted and it will be very close." She wasn't sure if the Weedle stood any chance in his current state against her Lucario, but she was not one to underestimate an opponent. "If you haven't seen fighting pokemon battle , then you are seriously missing out. They put on a hell of a show. It's like poetry in motion, or watching a well coordinated dance."

She wondered what could cause a bug pokemon to de-evole like that.The Weedles actions and expressions certainly seemed to back up the young womans story, but then her train of thought was once again interrupted by the loud growling of her stomach.

She sighed, "I don't care if the food is five star or a greasy spoon, right now bark is starting to look tasty." The sad thing is that she was only half joking with that last part. She was dreadfully hungry, and the more energy she expended the hungrier she became. She seriously doubted she would be able to tap her full skill set currently until she had eaten." She shook her head and tried to banish any thoughts about food as she trudged on, but images of a nice juicy steak just kept dancing around her head.

Suddenly she stopped in mid step. "Shit since we have been robbed neither of us has any pokemon food to feed to our friends." Kyra figured she better keep her pokemon in their balls for now, so that they didn't expend to much energy and get hungry themselves.

"Don't worry, buddy. This won't hurt him." Piper smiled down at the protective larvitar as she quickly wrapped the ice pack to the young man's ribs. "This should help the pain at least, Dee." She gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder before turning to Ayce.

"My Pokemon are more trained in survival and rescue than combat..." She started to say before someone quietly said "They're here." Perhaps it was Sarah. Soon enough, a small group of Rangers appeared out of the edge of the forest, the one in front demanding her jurisdiction and authority.

Piper froze, a stiff look on her face. We Rangers don't usually travel in teams... much less have a jurisdiction! She was about to say as much when Ayce stepped forward and started speaking with their apparent leader. It seemed to be going well so she relaxed a bit and let the trainer handle the conversation, admiring both his courage and tact.

Once the team left, Piper scowled openly. "Pokémon as monsters is the most un-rangerlike piece of Taurus dung I've ever heard in my life. They weren't Rangers. They're idiots." She vented out loud, the Growlithe by her side growling his agreement. "I agree with you, Ayce. We all have a strange story of being brought here somehow, and I think you're right on why. If Team Elite has turned people against Pokémon, then we owe it to our friends, companions, and our very souls as humans to bring balance back to nature."

Cerzi took one last look at the eyeful behind her. The mechanical kingdom of a city truly was massive, and a glass dome just above the city seemed to take in what little sunlight it could find through the smog-ridden skies. Abundant factory pillars sprouted up just about everywhere, spewing out black smoke. She had no idea how they'd managed to skulk by, but she was never one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Before her stood a land bridge, and the path along it was clear, albeit windy, and water lapped lazily at the shore on both sides. Tightly-constructed chain link fences separated her from the water, as it did any chance of escape if someone were to run at her from both sides of the route. Still, forwards was forwards, and she walked tentatively along as her fingers skimmed halfheartedly across the fence.

Both her and Marlow were still stuffed in her vest, probably uncomfortably warm, but still putting up with the smothering hold for the sake of their trainer's comfort. Roma was fine, right? Nothing but shallow scratches. Yeah, she had to be. The little trooper had been with her for so long, a doofy looking electric type couldn't keep her down.

Shame crawled up her neck as she accidentally reminded herself. That "doofy looking electric type" was now dead, and in a way in which she was directly involved. Thankfully, she was snapped from her guilt for the time being as a shadow cast itself above her. Clutching her team ever closer, Cerzi set eyes on the wayward bridge, only dozens of feet higher than she was. She couldn't tell much from just looking at the underside. All she really knew for sure was that there was a bridge, and that bridges sometimes had people on them. With a shudder, she kept moving, speedwalking through the sparse grasses with what remained of her energy. The sun's rays beat down hard, and if it weren't obvious before, this tropical heat wasn't the stuff of Kalos. With an inexplicable pang of either intensely brief emotion or physical feeling in her chest, the name of one region popped into her mind. Hoenn, the land of a thousand climates, or so she'd understood. Tropical was never her thing, and the place sounded far too waterlogged to easily get anywhere worth going. Speak of the devil, not long after she came out on the other end of the fenced pathway, a town, far more modest than the monster long behind her, stood visible through the trees just a stone's throw away on her right.

The catch? The path from point A to point B was absolutely flooded. The roadless route dipped down a hill, and then back up to where one could access the town. It was no wonder the torrential rains had decided to give it a piece of their minds. A small, haplessly beat-up wooden sign read an introduction to the route, proclaiming the letters "103" through chipped white paint. With a sigh, she set her two Pokemon on the ground, a gesture that they were thankful for, and shed her tailcoat so that only her sleeveless vest remained. Tentatively, she snuck a peek at Roma and Marlow, afraid of the worst. The former was panting hard, covered in scratches that weren't quite as shallow as she had hoped. Her right ear, too, seemed to have taken a blunt end of the trauma, and was still bleeding badly. On the bright side, it looked like the majority of the scrapes had already scabbed over. Marlow was still in fairly pristine condition, if a bit sweaty from his time in her vest, and he dove into the water the instant he caught wind of the plan.

Cerzi folded up the tailcoat nicely, setting it on the ground as she stepped hesitantly into the chest-deep water. It wasn't too cold, thankfully, and she cupped her hands, throwing a few splashes into her face and hair. The situation was grim, but she couldn't help but smile when she saw her own reflection. God she looked gross. Her own face was bloody after her tumble down the rocky slope, and her already-ridiculous hair was fluffed up wildly. More splashes on her face, and the scarlet-stained water dripped off of her chin. Again, an involuntary chuckle filled the air as she thanked Yveltal that her tailcoat was red. Roma padded towards the waterside, letting her trainer carefully scrub the blood from her fur as Marlow sped along happily through the underwater. Content that Roma was as clean as she could be given the situation, she placed the little Pokemon atop the folded tailcoat, wading step after step through the route before them until they could climb out on the other side.

With a quick wince and a sudden halting of breath, Dejamaru let out a small inaudible gasp first as the cold pack of ice pressed against his skin, and once again after when the wrap was fastened to his person. Dee gave a small smile as she pat his shoulder and worked her way towards another fellow in the group. "Thanks for this..." He called to her as she walked away. He slowly leaned against the closest tree to his person, pressing his arm against the cold pack. It didn't deminish the problem completely, but it did help.

The boy leaned against the tree as a small discussion had started. He had to of been one of the older kids of the group, he was around the age of 18, some of these kids seemed younger than that. His thoughts stopped as someone approached from inside the trees and brush. A small group each with Pokemon. Stood in front of them. Dee quickly pushed off of his leaning position upon the tree, dropping his hand from his ribs and standing tall, making his presence known to the on lookers. Barakiel stayed put in his position upon Dees shoulder. Leonidus took a single step out from behind his friends leg, standing directly next to him. He was ready for anything.

Dee held his tounge, it seemed the boy in the front of the group had everything handled. They spoke of Rangers, team elite, monsters and Pokemon. He still couldn't remember much after the amnesia caused in the portal, but he had a good feeling he was neither of those, and he knew for a fact Pokemon weren't monsters. Pokemon were his only friends.

The altercation didn't seem to last long. The unknown group, who introduced themselves as Rangers, seemed to almost cower away in a short time. It seemed very odd to him. Who were these Team Elite to make people so fearful? Dee didn't stay too long on the subject. After the ranger group left he reached back up to the ice pack on his ribs. He payed no attention to the announcement that his friends were monsters. He knew better than that.

"So, what exactly do you guys have planned for a next step?" He would pry. He didn't want to make it seem like he was just trying to gather information on them, he genuinely was curious, maybe these people could help him figure out what was going on.

" The next step... if only it were so easy to know." Piper shook her head, turning back to the injured trainer called Dee. "The problem is that we don't entirely know what we're up against or even if we understand the situation properly. I think we need information. We need to gather information without standing out, and that seems to mean our Pokémon cannot help. Not if they're considered monsters. Now Rain told me that we're somewhere between Rustboro and Petalburg. What do you think?" She paused meaningfully, waiting for additional input from those around her.

“I used to eat leaves when I was young.” Delilah looked at Kyra, then immediately realized she needed to provide some context for that statement. “I mean, leaves sound pretty appetizing too. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I’m just glad that my Weedle eats plants too. Being stuck in a forest is as good as being stuck in a buffet for him.”

The bee-themed trainer looked at the Weedle that was still on her shoulder and smiled.

Just then, an idea occurred to her. “Oh! I know!” she exclaimed. Delilah grabbed Weedle and quickly handed him off to Kyra without so much as a second thought. She then jogged up to a nearby tree and leaped into a climb. With how quick she moved, one could tell that she’d rehearsed climbing trees before. A trait that she learned fast whenever she climbed a tree to bother her sleeping Beedrill.

Once Delilah got to the highest branch that supported her, she could barely see over the top of some of the trees in the forest. Just a glimpse was all she needed.

Pointing her finger in a direction they weren’t traveling, she yelled down to her new friend. “We were going the wrong way! I’m pretty sure I can see some buildings over that way!” Delila couldn’t tell what city it was due to lack of a good vantage point, but anything was better than staying in this forest.

Bee started to climb down until she was close enough to just fall the rest of the way. Her feet hit the ground with a loud thud before she dusted herself off and stood straight in front of Kyra.

“We should probably mark this tree in a unique way so that we know that we’ve visited it before. Got any ideas? Maybe your bokken wood come in handy...” She elbowed Kyra with a goofy smile on her face. “Get it? Wood? Ah, I should be a stand-up comedian.”

Weedle winced at the joke. It was almost physically painful to endure.

The boy scratched his head, he was unsure of many thing within this situation, as did it seem everyone else was. However, with his memories deciding to take a vacation from within his mind, his input would be near useless, or at least he would think it was.

"Well, I'm not exactly sure if hiding out Pokemon is the right thing to do..." His words would trail off as if he were thinking, either that or tending to his fractured ribs as he grasped them and grimaced. He quickly looked up and shook his head, a look as if to appologize quickly for not agreeing.

"At least, not yet anyway..." He stopped for a second to gather his thoughts. Barakiel sat on his shoulder, patting his head.

"Well, Ok, let me explain..." He pushed off of the tree to get a better position within the group. "The very first thing those guys asked, was what we were doing within their territory, that means, pokemon or not, I don't think we are suppose to be here." He would motion one handed as he talked, looking into everyone's eyes, hoping he made some sort of sense.

"Now, just after they asked that, they saw are Pokemon and immediately asked if we were team elite. He even said we weren't, but they didn't believe it, one because he Pokemon, but two, because they were so scared. They were to scared of whoever this team elite was, they couldn't question any proof. Hell, they even had verbal confirmation we weren't then and still ran away..." The boy left his hand outward, Palm up, an inviting gesture for anyone else to put in their two cents. He hoped he made some sort of sense, at least more than the girl before him. He had no idea what the names of all those places were. Or even if he did, he couldn't remember.

Leonidus stood at his friends side, following his steps and gestures as if he knew and agreed to everything he was saying.

"Which is exactly why we need more information." Piper nodded her head slightly as she placed her hands on her hips. "If this Team Elite is enough to scare the pants off an obviously well trained team, then we need to know about them. I agree we seem to be in an area where trainers with Pokemon are not allowed. Perhaps normal citizens as well. My point about our Pokémon is not to be ashamed of them, but rather not to stand out."

Crouching down beside Prince, she ruffled his fur affectionately. "The last thing I want is for Prince or Rain to get injured. As a team, we're not trained for battle. We're trained for rescue and survival. Can you tell me they will be safe in a place where so-called Rangers call Pokémon monsters? Something to protect people from?"

Her hazel eyes met Dee's with a fierce stare, her emotions temporarily getting the better of her. Prince nudged her arm with a reassuring woof as he wagged his fluffy tail. Turning back to her loyal Growlithe, she gave him a long hug before standing up and wiping something from her eye.

"I apologize. I shouldn't have lost my temper. This situation we are in is hard for all of us. Tell me again what your idea was. Did you want to pretend to be Team Elite?"