• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

HeartGold/SoulSilver official site now open

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
A fairly short article here, although I do believe that the new, official website for HeartGold/SoulSilver speaks for itself here. Even though it's all in Japanese, the website features numerous screenshots of the actual game, showing the player characters interacting with each other, a screenshot of the player battling the rival character, event screenshots showing Cynthia with Arceus as well as the Notched-Ear Pichu event. All these screenshots and more can be found here:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/

Again, the website is entirely in Japanese, but the number of screenshots on here are more than enough to make this well worth checking out. The website will also be updated frequently as more stuff is released regarding the two games.

UPDATE: PKMN.NET has confirmed that the Kanto region will be making a return in HG/SS. The odds of any other regions being included now are very unlikely, with the exception of a possible, brief Sinnoh appearance tying in with the Arceus event.

I'm even more excited.. if that's possible. I was looking at the screen shots for the added pokemon walking accessory and it looks like you actually have a find pokemon mode and may even battle found pokemon ON the accessory. It also interacts with the DS like another DS via blue tooth! Nifty nifty.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I think the best news they've revealed recently is the confirmation that all 493 Pokemon can follow you, but the unveiling of the new Johto map with those two new locations is very cool, too. Can't wait to hear more about them :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I think the best news they've revealed recently is the confirmation that all 493 Pokemon can follow you

Completely agree. I was so happy when I read about that, purely because it's something I've always wanted. I really hope it's a feature they keep too, in future games. It's just a shame they didn't do it for Platinum, I'd have loved having my 'Real' Team following me around.

I'm loving the new map too, I can't wait to learn more. I can't believe how excited I am all ready about playing Soul Silver, and all these new pockets of information just make it worse XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's just a shame they didn't do it for Platinum, I'd have loved having my 'Real' Team following me around.

As far as features go, I agree that it would've been nice seeing it used more in Plat. (even if it was just Amity Square allowing you to have any Pokemon out with you), but at least this makes HG and SS a bit more special and unique.

I'm with you on it being a feature they carry over for future releases, tho. Would be great to see it used again in gen 5 XD

if i can get the Arceus figurine by reservering both, i'll get both of them, just got to figure out which one to keep.

This is epic. This is so epic I might actually smile out loud.
[Which made no sense at all]
I'm so excited, imagine a Wailord following you everywhere :p

Status
Not open for further replies.