• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hax's Chaotic melee of all things Pokecharms...

oh hai, I'm in the creativity pit, making new threadz...

Since I moved a whole bucketload of pictures from folder to folder, I felt a new thread was in order, rather than linking each and every piccu all over again :p

To kick off this momentous(?) occasion. The first pic is a lovely little gift for our respected Mod, Ruko.

rukodogle-1.png

Meet (from left to right) Asai, Ordaz, Steve and Rei, the four family members that culminate Ruko's Smeargle army. Asai is the supportive older sister, whose moveset consists of helpful attacks and supportive abilities. Ordaz is the youngest brother, whose child-like curiosity gives him a diverse and continually evolving moveset. Steve , the eldest brother fancies himself a powerhouse, learning strong Physical Attacks, and Rei the younger sister is a little melancholic young Smeargle whose attacks are powerful but costly at the expense of her own health.

AlexOak.png

z0mg, Its the almighty one of Pokecharms himself! Alex graces the Art Thread after aaages of putting it off xD. I don't think I'd like to go back to the whole Frontier Brain thing, so for now, just enjoy Alex as he is. Awesomesauce!

RXpersona.png
DOSpersona.png
Leepersona.png

I wasn't planning to post this until I drew all of them, but as it stands now, its still fairly neat. My RP personas as Avatars. (Steal any of them and I will kill you D:

Dude, the Smeargles are amazing! However, Rei seems a little emo, which is funny. :p I love the personalities they exhibit just through the drawing, which is awesome.

Your character avatars are sweet, too. I like Lee's. He looks a little scruffy, which suits the short character description you gave him.

And of course, Oak is awesome. He's just pure win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see more of your art again RX. It's amazing as always. I love each piece of work you do (Even if it's not Swellow related).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I nearly died yesterday when I saw the lock next to your art thread. Luckily I recovered after reading you'd be starting a new one XD

Awesome Smeargle army, I bet Ruko'll love it. I love how they all have very clear personalities and traits - they all look like they match their descriptions perfectly. I must also say that I love the colouring. Very well shaded. I'm loving the different coloured tail tips too.

Alex looks epic, as usual. His pose and expression is perfect, as is the coloring. Can't really say much other than it's unbelievably epic XD

Your Avatar's look great, and each one is very unique. You do have a good range of characters. As with the other's, awesome colouring. The shading details on their clothes and hair is amazing.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
All of the art is great, RX ^^
If I didn't tell you I'd love your forever for the smeargles yet, I will XD

Alex almost looks rather angry, but the picture is still amazing... and though I don't follow your RPing, I love the avatars too

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Saw the Alex picture on dA and Ruko shared the Smeargle image with me, but I still love them both.

There's not much I can say about the Doctor Oak pic beyond the fact that it looks perfect lineart-wise, and the coloring seems very close to an official Pokemon pic. Really love the details/designs with the shirt.

As for the Smeargle... they're all adorable, especially Ordaz. I've gotten a bit of background info with the team, so seeing the image with all their different expressions is really fun. Smeargle needs more love, too. Ruko's inspired me to train one of my own next play through Pearl/Platinum ^^

The second & third avatar images were new for me, and I really love the style you've got going with that collection. They look like they'd be fun to rotate between.

Huzzah for more RX artwork! As always, looking forward to the next :D

These are awesome RX :D I love the Smeargles! The emotions your portraying and the colors of the tails and bands just look great. Prof looks stylish a usual :p and the avatars are clean and simple with a nice subtle lettering thats pleasing to the eye, the kind of thing one would request if one could...

¬.¬

Oh my Holy God.

Those are freaking AMAZING!!!!

I am especially found of the Smeargle group, it really makes me wish I could draw. And, I dunno if this is just me over- analyzing, but even the paint colors of the tails reflect the personalities a bit. The calm blue kind of shows healing, the green, reminiscent of plants, ever - growing, orange is kind of symbolic of strength, I guess, and the red, blood, that she must shed herself to attack.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Whee, new art thread from RX!

Anyways, I really love the Smeargle family thingie. Especially Ordaz. He's so cute! And Rei is awesome; loving how she looks for some reason. And I like how you made their tails different colors kinda respective of their... dunno, jobs or whatever.

Alex looks epic. The shading looks really good imo, and 'Charms themed clothes look pretty good on him.

RX your art is astounding as always :)

From the Smeargle army I personally like Ordaz and Rei, but that's probably because they resemble me in a way? Or maaybe they don't, maybe it's their expressions and that cute little sash thingy on Rei's arm :3

Alex looks badass, no lie. All the coloring and shading looks perfect ^^'

And of course the avatars look unique and special in their own way as well :) Though I am loving D.O.S..it's the hair I swear D:

loliruin-1.png

I'm not entirely sure what possessed me to do this. Well, you all know Ruin and the fact that he's a male pikachu. Still, its a pretty dress :D

Hes blind so he doesnt know exactly whats going on im guessing :p Adorable piece although a bit odd.

PS: GRats on the shiny sneasel btw :D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
XD

That's adorable, yet somewhat off-putting at the same time. I've only ever seen Ruin looking all rugged and stern... this kinda makes him seem cute, but in a deadly sort of way.

Love the details on the dress, and the pattern is very nice. I also like your choice of colours, they really compliment both each other and ruin's yellow and red. Very nice ^^

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
When I first saw that, I thought "Setsuka Pikachu?!", then I read the description. Still, proof I play too much Soul Calibur.

Lovely picture, though, the detail is, as always, astounding.

A thank you to Jeydis on the congrats and to everyone for the comments ^^.

sayandbluez.png

An interesting thing about Saya, my shiny Sneasel, is that up until I adopted her, I did not plan on ever having a Sneasel in my party. But then, I really wanted to establish some form og moe romance between my Pokemon, and with Saya being an Ice Weasel Pokemon, the only candidate for her affection would be Bluez, the Sea Weasel Pokemon.

So here we have Saya and Bluez. Saya's trying to teach Bluez how to move on the Ice without slipping, and Bluez's constant tripping really amuses Saya. ^^

Aw...I bet their babies would have Ice Shard or something. ;)

Heh, I've actually fallen on my face while ice skating. At least the bruise was iced, lol.

Ruin is amazing! I love the sort-of Gothic Lolita style of the the dress, as it is very detailed, the color palette is amazing, and the parasol just ties the whole thing together.

Maybe you could put Aquamor in a pretty dress? *Is shot and burned by Fi*

ffffffffffffffffffffffff
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF
dsgeSBBSDTHBDVFGEBSD
RX
they are so cute
I'm dying here D:
gsbdfgb RGBAEB
And i see wat you did ther with your fancy ice-effects, yoooouuuuu~

RERain.png

hnnn, for a rare moment, I'm not totally distracted by GPX+ and did something actually creative today. Here's a little gift for fellow Artist, Rain ^^.

Personally, I think I could have done better. This is a bit different in that I didn't have lineart to keep my colors in check. Rather, a black pool of ink was at the bottom, and I painted over it with colors etc. Hope Rain enjoys it.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
zomgwtfbbq that is absolutely epic

That style really, really works for Rain's character. I love how all the smudges and ink blots build up a picture of her, and, it has to be said, the background really adds to the effect as much as the red/black splotches do. Very nice.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Dawww, Ruin looks so cute in a dress! And the frownie makes him cuter. XD

Piccu of Saya and Bluez is cutiful as wells. They be perfectly well suited for each other.

Rain's picture looks very cool indeed, though it freaks me out tbh.

Love how did this RX. It's very well done.

And the pics of Saya and Bluez. I love Bluez's expression. It's so amusing.

Eee! Cool! That picture of Rain's Resident Evil persona is so cool. It's a pity we don't get to see what's behind the bandages. I love the expression and the kind of blurred quality to it. It adds a sense of mystery.

Ah, blood. I love how well you've drawn it.

I love those last two alot, the Saya and Bluez one is adorable, I love how your making backstories for your adoptables :p and the Rain picture is awesome, the background and coloring technique you used reminds me alot of street art seen around my city, it looks awesome !

missingno.png

RX Industries Anomaly Report

While developing the new prototype exoframe for the new series of androids, an anomaly had occurred. The exoframe began to move by itself and escaped the premises. This is an improbability in that the exoframe has yet to recieve any AI programming. It is merely an empty shell. Subject has shown regenerative powers through nanotechnology, despite there being no nanotechnological features built into said exoframe. Because of its yet-to-be registered coding. The Department has labelled it as an M.N. Missing Number.

M.N. is currently at large. There is no telling what it will do from here on out.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
That.... is the most epic Missingno. I have ever seen. Fantastic.

I agree with Petey. I love the way the who figure just seems to shift and move throughout. I like the way you seem to put movement in your pictures, RX.

Oh my gosh, I love the hand! It looks alien, dangerous, and threatening, just as Missingno should be.

airship.png

Welcome Aboard the single greatest Airship to ever fly the skies!​

Pokecharms has always been depicted as a mass of data or a city of sorts. For an RP project I and a few people are working on, we've decided to take it up a notch much higher by depicting it as an Airship.

On board the Pokecharms Airship, users are treated to a luxurious cruise across the skies. The ship has many features. I won't go into them in detail though until I can draw out a proper map of what the interior will look like. The tower at the center of its hull can accommodate 1000 users at anytime. This is where the sleeping quarters are located. The rest of the ship is seperated into portions that house the various attractions of Pokecharms. The spherical areas at the side of the ship, for example, serve as the Battle area for Charms passengers.

Battle area? So does this ship exist in the Pokemon world? Not quite. The ship in itself is one gigantic Virtual Reality field. Not everything on the ship may be real. But our Scientists have developed powerful technology that tricks your brain into thinking our virtual holograms are real. What does that merit? It allows for its users to interact with the Pokemon they carry.

Simply present your Trainer Card at the Ship's entrance. This will serve as your ID while on the cruise. It also serves to provide you with the Pokemon of your choice. The VR scanners will process your trainer cards and allow you to summon virtual Pokemon to your side. However, the ship's data banks can only assign six Pokemon to you at any time, so choose your party wisely.

That's the basic system of the Charms Airship. We hope to see you soon on one of our many flights from station to station placed all over the world.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Sweet, RX. That design is totally wicked, and I love the idea on having holographical-almost-real Pokemon with you. Though the sleeping quarters may have to get larger as time goes on.

Would totally be in there having fun, randomly battling (and failing) others just for fun. Love the idea/concept, and the drawing looks good as well. AIRSHIP. ^^

EDIT: Also, would join RP if I could/had the time/was allowed to/got invited/whatevs.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
-explodes-
D:

I will never ever ever
ever ever ever ever
ever
Get used to being amazed at how detailed and precise and amazing everything that SPAWNS FROM YOUR HAND AND BRAINS IS.
Like, it's a good thing that your awesome isn't concentrated in a single place anywhere except your head and person, otherwise we'd all drown in it and die, a blissful and slightly envious sort of way.
Like, esrgegxxretgsd not even joking.
/wristthroatface+weeping+snotexploshun lololol

Anyway.
I can't be constructive and anything but detrimental to your reading-words-processing part of your awesome brain when I look at your art so I'm going to go tend to my belly-hernia that I developed out of my own inability to comprehend the awesome that just assaulted my eyeballs.

(p.s. I love he fading blocky effect on the Missingno's arm and armpit and chest, and the color scheme is really attractive, and the eyes are so cold and chilling but ergargewgdg. Also if you're still looking for him he's in my closet being my BFFFFFFFFFFFF and I love him. Also, ZimmyBuizilla hahahahaahahaahahha- O MY -doodles-)
(p.p.s lole I miss you why do they make me learn things? D: )

That is epic! I love the ornemental touches you added to the hull, it makes the ship look so classy. The whole virtual concept is great too, I can't wait to try my hand at your RP :D

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
RX, your attention to detail amazes me time and time again. The way that you did this airship is nothing short of completely gorgeous in my eyes. when it comes to your art, I'd have to agree with Belle's spazzing out in that earlier post. XD

Like this even needs to be said but... Keep up the awesome work.

(I'm also interested in joining this RP >>;;; )

HOLY OH MY GOD!!!!!!

I thought I had seen some pretty amazing pictures before. But, Lawdy, the detail on this might just take it. I'm already in love with the Bayleef design, and each time I look at it, I notice more details, and fall in love again.

Holy God, I just noticed the decks. The entire concept of this thing is SUPERB, and a great new way to envision 'Charms. (Though the n00bs should be placed a slight distance away from normal members, for the sake of sanity xD)

The detail, the design, amazing.

(Wuzzthis? RP? O:)

Wow, your art is amazing! 8D
Your anatomy is great, details and designs are just eye-popping, and the colors are absolutely vibrant!
I hope to see more of your art soon, and hopefully we could do an art trade sometime. (that is if you'd be open to one.)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
That really reminds me of the drawings by one of my favourite illustrators, Chris Riddell. He does all the artwork for the Edge Chronicles series, all in ink and beautifully drawn down to every detail. The ship is just as good as his stuff, I seriously can't believe how fantastic you are at drawing. You boggle my mind XD

Great concept, and done so beautifully. I don't think you'd ever get me to leave if I was on that ship. I'd love to see the interior, but methinks that'd take a fair bit of drawing.

Missingno is epic on every level. That is the best and most imaginative version of it that I've ever seen. Awesome. I just love all the fade effects and the 'messiness' of its edges.

*Bows down to your greatness, as usual* XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heheh... The description with that ship reminds me of a really souped up version of Dragon Drive. I love concepts of VR Pokemon. Should be a fun RP whenever you guys get it up ^^

I don't know what to say about that ship beyond my lord... It looks like a professional piece of concept artwork from a video game! The amount of detail is astounding. I would love to see what some of the inside rooms looked like... Nice touch with the Pokemon-ish head, too.

Your Missingno makes me think of the minions of the D-Reaper, heh. It's really cool, and I love how the wings were done. Nice origin description, too. It's always fun reading them from you ^^