• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Have some Platinum Trailers

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The game is on its way, just 12 days till the US release and not too long till it's out here in the UK, either. A new trailer from Pokemon USA has appeared detailing the new WiFi features, so here it is:

HTML:

Curse you! I was umm-ing and ahh-ing about getting Platinum, but now you've made me decide on it D:<

Well, at least all the new features look fun.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm still very undecided on whether or not I'm going to import it... though I must say that the trailers show some interesting shots and glimpses at the new features. I liked the 'section' showing a little of Distortion World, I certainly can't wait to see what that's like to roam around in.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
There's really only two things stopping me from importing:

1) I don't have any money till the end of April anywhos
2) It's out the day before my birthday here, which makes it perfect present fodder. :)

Tempted to restart Pearl beforehand though, but got a feeling I'd regret it...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Platinum will be a nice Bday gift ^^

I think the only thing stopping me is that I'm planning on playing through with my 'perfect team', aka my six favourite Pokemon. They aren't all breed yet and I certainly doubt I'll have them all perfect in 12 days + import time. What's the point in having Platinum if I can't start it? XD

I may break yet and just hit that order button on amazon, but for now I think I'll be holding on... maybe...

I think playing through Pearl/diamond would take away some of Platinum's fun. I know i've forgotten bits of the game, so re-discovering them with Platinum will be half the appeal of playing it, along with all the new.

well i remember ruby and sapphire didnt take any fun away from emerald

and i would have already ordered platinum if it weren't for Mystery Dungeon explorers of the sky coming out who knows wen...i might get platinum if i could just find out wen sky's comin out (if it was around my birthday)

as for my perfect team, guys, (i'll send eggs from pearl) just need a little help

so far its
1. Mudkip
2. Treecko
3. Cyndaquil
(this is where i need help)
4. Riolu or sheildon?
5. Eevee (Espeon or Glacion?)
6. ???HELP??? (after i get giratina, however, he'll go here)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
i might get platinum if i could just find out wen sky's comin out (if it was around my birthday)

As Explorers of the Sky wont even be out in Japan until the middle of April, I can guarantee that the English version release will not be until the end of the year at the earliest...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
well i remember ruby and sapphire didnt take any fun away from emerald

I'm not saying that it did. All I meant was that having not played Diamond/Pearl for a while, Platinum will be fresh and new. Makes is more special, in my opinion anyway ^^

On the Pre-ordering note, I think I've decided to Pre-order the English version. It'll give me more time to get my team right, and will take away any temptation to import a copy. When I get paid this month I'll be giving Amazon a visit, methinks.

well im here in the us and i dont really want to pre-order it
im having alot of trouble thinking of my team though, and i'm wondering if anyone willhelp
(i know i posted it earlier but i've changed it some)

1.Mudkip
2.Treecko
3.Cyndaquil
4.Pikachu
5.Maniphy Egg (still waiting in ranger)
6.HELP??? (when i get giratina...he'll go here)

is this a well-balanced team? is it good?
i need help on #6 i cant think of anyone who would compliment the others
HELP PLZ

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
well im here in the us and i dont really want to pre-order it
im having alot of trouble thinking of my team though, and i'm wondering if anyone willhelp
(i know i posted it earlier but i've changed it some)

1.Mudkip
2.Treecko
3.Cyndaquil
4.Pikachu
5.Maniphy Egg (still waiting in ranger)
6.HELP??? (when i get giratina...he'll go here)

is this a well-balanced team? is it good?
i need help on #6 i cant think of anyone who would compliment the others
HELP PLZ

If you want team help, post in the Clinic like everyone else does. But make sure you read the format expected, as the information above is not adequate for anyone to genuinely help you.

I got pretty hyped up about Platinum Version from watching these trailers. I got my copy yesterday and I've been playing nonstop since. There are a few minor changes, (Looker, Charon, ect.) but I can't help but be a bit disappointed. Other than the Giratina plot, nothing much has changed too drastically, but at least the player is treated to the Battle Frontier after you beat the Elite Four.

Ya, not much has changed from Pearl or Diamond. Why is the statue in Eterna City still Palkia?! Shouldn't it be Giratina to follow in the spirit of the Legendaries? Also, WTF is up with Looker, he is absolutely pointless. HE DOES NOTHING BUT GIVE YOU THE BLACK FLUTE!

It's Dialga, last time I checked....

~Eterna, Hearthome, and the Veilstone gyms have been completely redone.
~Reverse world was added.
~Battle Frontier was added.
~The Sinnoh Dex has changed.
~When doing Ultra or Master Rank Contests, the music has changed for the dancing portion.
~You can catch Dialga AND Palkia at level 70 after you recieve the National Dex.
~The E4 has new pokemon rosters.
~Pokemon are found in new places.
~You can have a rematch with gym leaders and battle former partners (Riley, Cheryl.)

There's more, y'know.

I assume that the statue in Eterna city has a 50/50 shot of being either of the two legendaries in Platinum as it was also Palkia in my game.

...XD

Lulz.
In mine it was Dialga for both XD

My sister's Pearl also had Dialga XD

Can you grab a picture of the Palkia statue? I want to know the difference.