• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Has anyone ever actually caught Feebas in D/P

I tried to catch a Feebas in Mt. Coronet and just got flat out bored. It was terrible, I tried every square in rather large lake and I still came up with nothing. Feebas (not any legendary) is hardest Pokemon to encounter in D/P. The guidebook mentioned getting together with a few people on wifi but I didn't understand that. Is it like mixing records in R/S/E?

And on the same has anyone eve successfully evolved Feebas with Poffins in D/P? Once again I gave up. I kept coming close but it was never quite enough as Feebas wouldn't eat anymore Poffins before it has maxxed out its beauty. I just caught and evolved a Feebas in Emerald and migrated it.

If you have successfully caught or evolved a Feebas in D/P kudos to you.

I caught a Feebas in D/P. Wifi doesn't have to do with anything, mine is down ( :p) and I still got Feebas. It is a real pain to catch, but Milotic is worth it. Why? Two words: Mirror Coat.

i cought 4 feebas and evolved 2 of them u wanna make sure that the feebas likes the poffin that raises mainly beauty stats or else u won't succeed that's y i only have 2 milotic. the other 2 encountered the same problem but if u battle continously with ur feebas then u can feed it more poffins and it'll get closer the higher the beauty stat it raised the quicker u get the milotoc i mean i have both of my milotic's at lvl 70 but got the milotic at lvl 2. ^_^' i like pokemon 2 much but i need a person who has a seadra and a dragon scale 2 trade with me cuz i accidentally got rid of my lvl 100 kingdra.........not my best accident it's more my worst but oh well. if u know of sum1 who has it them plz help me.

I caught mine on my first try to get one. The only problem I've run into is making Poffins. All I'd normally do is Migrate a Feebas or a Milotic. It's so much easier.

To catch it, you have to get lucky. It hides in random spots everyday and those spots change daily too!

feebas are not ledgendarys and i still havent been able to catch one and ive been playing D/P for a long time know

822209f6c7bab276d22e7688fe1ca849.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to catch a Feebas in Mt. Coronet and just got flat out bored. It was terrible, I tried every square in rather large lake and I still came up with nothing. Feebas (not any legendary) is hardest Pokemon to encounter in D/P. The guidebook mentioned getting together with a few people on wifi but I didn't understand that. Is it like mixing records in R/S/E?

There's a guy near the fountains in Jubilife (I think) who talks to you about groups and allows you to name yours. If you have friends who are in the same group, they somehow also have Feebas appear in the same spots as you (I think this might involve mixing records, though). So, if you're in a group, you can each explore a different area for Feebas and can tell the others where you find them.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Nope, you have to have the Super Rod. Only Magikarp are attracted to the Old Rod.

Well, that sucks! That used to be the trick for getting Feebas in Ruby & Sapphire! Use the Old Rod in Route 116 and you'd only get Feebas and Magikarp.

[quote author:plapti link=topic=3109.msg39480#msg39480 date=1196899548]
To catch it, you have to get lucky. It hides in random spots everyday and those spots change daily too!
[/quote]

Oh, lord! :o

Erm... I have a female Feebas brought over from Sapphire. Anyone want an egg? ;)

I havent caught or seen feebas on D/P

I got mine from GTS and bred it, but I've successfully evolved for milotic 13 times because of that.

Yeah, in Pearl. And, actually, I got pretty lucky. I found 'em about a line in (I was going right from the starting point at the top of the lake, then down a row, then left to the end, then down a row, etc), and just stayed there for about an hour catching as many as I could. :)

I personally was never able to catch a Feebas other than the one I accidentally stumbled upon on my Sapphire game years ago. But with my luck at the time, it was male and refused to evolve. It wasn't until I got my FireRed game and got to trade a Ditto around that I ever got another Feebas and evolved it. I gave the Milotic to a friend, but still had the original. So, I got another egg from that with the help of my Ditto (and the poor thing probably birthed over 9,000 eggs from different Pokemon... it's level 100 now. XD), and then hatched it and evolved it again. I have a tendency to trade Pokemon over the GTS with rare berries attached to them, and then mass produce them for no real reason other than boredom. But, I found a Feebas that liked dry food, stuffed it full of dry poffins, and got another Milotic.

Too bad I don't Wi-Fi now...

I haven't really bothered going after a Feebas but I know the proper way to get one.

Apparently in Mt. Coronet there are 4 random squares where Feebas will show up at (which change daily I guess). If you find 1 square that Feebas is in, and fail to catch one, keep fishing in the same square until you get it or catch as many as you plan on getting.

Two questions.

1) What other Pokemon are gonna get in my way if I'm lucky enough to find a Feebas spot with a Super Rod?

2) When you say Feebas appears in certain spots, does it matter what spot you're SURFING on, or the one in front of you that you're FISHING in?

Two questions.

1) What other Pokemon are gonna get in my way if I'm lucky enough to find a Feebas spot with a Super Rod?

2) When you say Feebas appears in certain spots, does it matter what spot you're SURFING on, or the one in front of you that you're FISHING in?

I think Feebas can only be caught with a rod... because if you try surfing where other pokemon need a rod to be caught, (like wailmer and corphish) I'm pretty sure they won't show up.

Two questions.

If I recall correctly, the Good Rod is what you need to catch Feebas, and you'll run into both Magikarp and Barboach. Or, at least, that's how it worked for me. With a Super Rod, you'll probably come across Gyarados and Wishcash, but I can't say for certain.

And it's the spot that you're fishing in, not the spot you're surfing on.

If I recall correctly, the Good Rod is what you need to catch Feebas, and you'll run into both Magikarp and Barboach. Or, at least, that's how it worked for me. With a Super Rod, you'll probably come across Gyarados and Wishcash, but I can't say for certain.

And it's the spot that you're fishing in, not the spot you're surfing on.

Ah, thanks. I'll just try both when I have nothing better to do. : D

I caught a Feebas in D/P. Wifi doesn't have to do with anything, mine is down ( :p) and I still got Feebas. It is a real pain to catch, but Milotic is worth it. Why? Two words: Mirror Coat.

word
i breeded like a dozen of them >:D
they're up for offer too if you want any lol
I also caught my own :]
i got lucky though and only spent like 45min xD
yay

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Yeah... I never caught a Feebas... I just bred all of mine from a Milotic that a friend of Mine lent me...

I think it's too much work when breeding them gives the same result. I don't get satisfaction out of knowing I was lucky enough to stumble onto one.

yea it really isn't worth it if you can just breed it
the only reason i didn't was I couldn't find a decent trade over the GTS
everyone being totally gay and asking for a lvl 100 garchomp for a lvl 1 feebas...
i think it would have taken longer to trade for it than to catch one lol
x]

i think it would have taken longer to trade for it than to catch one lol
x]

Depends on if a person really wants a Feebas. You have no idea what people can do. *coughkabutoforcresseliacough* Other than that, I agree.

Found a Feebas in my sapphire once. I have 2 in Diamond. I evolved one. My sisters Feebas didn't evolve. It was a dud.

I once attempted to catch a Feebas in my Sapphire Version. I checked every square of water in the route. I went insane trying to catch it. But then I realized that Milotic just wasn't worth it and I gave up. I'm not about to try again in Diamond.

Is there any other way to obtain Feebas?

I have never managed to catch a feebas in my diamond or pearl game, but i have in my sapphire version.

IT TOOK 6 HOURS AND IM NOT EVEN LYING!
i was watching tv while i was doing this so i didnt get bored out of my mind.
And also, i didn't understand what the random pannels thing was all about so i just fished anywhere.

I finally saw one and didnt hesitate to catch it.

However, it was the wrong nature to evolve into a milotic. No problems, i breeded like crazy :p

Six hours? Wow, you must have really wanted that Milotic. I still don't think it's worth it. In the time it would take to catch a Feebas, you could probably find a Milotic up for trade on Wi-Fi.

Feebas are a pretty hot commodity on the GTS. Even if the Feebas in question has a terrible nature, people don't care as they can just breed from it. Plus if you have WiFi I'm sure some members here would be happy to trade a Feebas for something.

Feebas are a pretty hot commodity on the GTS. Even if the Feebas in question has a terrible nature, people don't care as they can just breed from it. Plus if you have WiFi I'm sure some members here would be happy to trade a Feebas for something.
And I have no WiFi! Grrr...
I've only ever had to catch two, one in Sapphire and one in Diamond. Only took me ten minutes for the latter! And it was female with a mild nature! ;D I bred it anyways...