• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Harvest Moon: PokeMon Edition

Which concept do you like more?

• Total voters

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
So the random chaos of my mind came up with this idea in discussion with @Mr.RMA the other day and mentioning it in chat seemed to garner some interest. Basically, we'd be starting out ranching life in a small town like in the Harvest Moon games, but perhaps with a bit of a twist if people are interested in it - Some of the citizens or even characters could be Gijinka PokeMon. For those unawares of what exactly that means, gijinka are humanized versions of animals - so perhaps the mayor of our little town could be this awesome Pidgeot woman.
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/pkmnmaster/pokemon/pidgeot.jpg

However, if people are interested in a different concept, ie. doing the ranching life with PokeMon involved (eg. milking Miltank for Moomoo Milk or getting wool from Flaffy) I'd be open for that as well, it really depends on what everyone would like to do more if they're interested. I'll put up a poll, but you should probably also post exactly what your reasons are for your choice.

I'd like to stay as true to the original series as possible without Rune Factory nonsense, but... either way, let me know if you're interested!

Last edited:

FalChromiforme

Formerly Aurora Beam
Gijinka leads to cooler character designs and overall just plain badass people-things. Also a good chance to bring the pokemon natures (quirky, rash) and characteristics(slightly vain, etc) to life--you could check up on your friends natures/characteristics if you wanted to. Besides, who wouldn't want to play as/talk to THIS?

Rex

Resident Furry
Given that one of my characters runs a vineyard (using Pokemon Berries!) the idea of an RP revolving around something similar to that sounds fun. That would be humans with Pokemon. Not REALLY that big a fan of Gijinkas, but if Pokemorphs could be included, I'd be willing to work with that aspect?

I think either option would be really interesting! I prefer roleplaying as trainers, but gijinka could yield interesting results! :>

Personally, I dislike Gijinka or any type of "furries" in RPs. I'm not a total nazi though, and I am not intolerant of a differential of species options. Are the Gijinka going to be a replacement for people? If we could still be regular peeps with regular pokemon AND include Gijinka for those that wanted it, I would be willing to play. But if our options are solely to be animal-people, I'm not down. :p

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Are the Gijinka going to be a replacement for people? If we could still be regular peeps with regular pokemon AND include Gijinka for those that wanted it, I would be willing to play.
I would be open to having both humans and Gijinka at the same time, if everyone else agreed to such as well. Once we've made a decision, I can probably think of a more definitive plot.