• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hardest Pokemon for you to find?

hmm in the kalos region there's still one poke that i hate .....

banette! i know,i know it comes up at pokevillage in thursdays BUT my god how great luck i've had with em, there's always 2 options when i go to look for one at thursdays and they are : either i am gonna look for a one like 2 hours or it cant get in the ball..... it is my luck AND my luck means : you have to throw 30 ultraball to a sleeping 1 hp magikarp :( why oh why?

BUT when i got one i decided to breed a shiny one AND MY GOD HE'S FABULOUS! :D

Feebas! that thing took me almost three days or more in pearl and in the other games before. Well I finally catch it and then my ds runs out of charge before I put the charger on. It was my fault but it was horrible,but like a year later find one like in ten tries(I was too much time playing that game XD and I wasn't very smart back then neither)

FalChromiforme

Formerly Aurora Beam
I had two terrible luck pokemon: Emolga in white 2 and Feebas in DPPt.

I wanted an emolgs so I could trade for gigalith. I searched every patch of rustling grass but found only Audinos. Didn't even find one until the postgame.

Feebas requires no explanation.

I had two terrible luck pokemon: Emolga in white 2 and Feebas in DPPt.

I wanted an emolgs so I could trade for gigalith. I searched every patch of rustling grass but found only Audinos. Didn't even find one until the postgame.

Feebas requires no explanation.
Heh, Emolga was easy for me. Just had to trade a Boldore to some guy in-game.

I would say Feebas...
I've been looking for it since 2011 and I still have not found it! >=O

Likewise until just last week when I traded somebody for one (well, a Milotic), in my HeartGold.

Oh gods.

The HARDEST pokemon for me to get, was Lapras in Black 2. It took me a day, and a hell of a lot of Pokeballs.
My best friend and I were both trying to see who could find Lapras first. The only place to get it in Black 2 is Village Bridge, and you have to surf into water-bubbles. it has a 10% chance of appearing. It took FOREVER!

I finally did find it though- actually, I was the first of the two of us to find it. I think I finally caught it with an Ultra Ball.. I don't remember exactally now, but I had finally caught it. Another lucky this, was that it was a Male. I only use Male Pokemon (Don't ask why, I just for some reason loathe female Pokemon xD). I named him Pinkie, and he's been in my party ever since.

I love my Pinkie ♥

~Tangle

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Emolga, Gen 5. </3

Until I wised up and used another Electric-type to help lure it out, I could never, ever find that blasted thing. It was one of the last Pokemon that I had to capture in order to complete my Gen 5 'Dex. I tossed that sucker in a PC box and never looked at it again. :@

First is Scyther when your doing the Bug Catching contest. It took me many tries to get that thing! I never really cared for Feebas, so I never cared to find it. Eevee in Castelia City was pretty hard, too. But then... There's Smeargle. So many hours trying to find that just for the sake of owning it! >=O But, I forgive it now. I caught a Shiny Natu thanks to prolonged hours in the Ruins of Alph searching for it. :)

Playing through Pokemon Y, I was surprised at how difficult of a time I had trying to get an Inkay. I knew exactly what Route it was on, but when I searched there, it took me half an hour to fourty-five minutes to even encounter one.

And to the above about Klefki, I searched both those areas for a combined total of one hour, and never saw one. The odds were not in my favor.

voidaquariums

Formerly Luxray901
Riolu in B2 wasn't all THAT hard, it didn't take me more than ten minutes. When I found it, it was a girl.
Feebas was the same, but it took me five min in PT.
Lapras, also in B2, took me ten min. but I just transferred up from HG, and bred the two, trying to get perfect IVs.
But the hardest was a female Combee. That took me twenty minutes.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Probably Chansey or Kangaskhan in the FR and LG Safari Zone. They weren't particularly hard to find, it was catching them that made me want to cry and stab puppies. But I swear I would never do that. Q-Q

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Rayquayza. I knew where it was, just getting to the top of the tower was impossible! Catching it was another story.
Second has to be feebas.

hard question but i will probably have to with my azelf catch in B2. i was prepared with many ultra balls but i still had a hard time. i probably used more ultra balls than when i caught uxie. luckily i caught him and ive used him a few times

The Pokemon I actually want to search for. By this, I meant that there's a Pokemon you want to pick with an average encounter rate, and you get the other Pokemon in the patch of grass/water/cave etc. But I guess I would say Pikachu in PkMn F/R and L/G (In Viridian Forest). Same goes for Dratini/Dragonair in the Safari Zone(F/R and L/G).

I had a tough time finding an Ekans and Inkay in Y. It took so long and all of my honeys to find Ekans and Inkay took so long I wanted to get one from the GTS instead of keep looking :/

Mother. Fucking. Luvdisc.

So, I'm fishing in some route (Don't remember which) and I'm finding these Luvdiscs and I had to try TWENTY FOUR times to get one with a Heart Scale.

All I wanted to do was teach my Aegislash Shadow Sneak... *cries*

Another one I had trouble with was Mesprit in Platinum. Helix, I hate roaming Pokemon. And of course my impatience got the better of me while catching Giratina and I used my Master Ball. I had to get a Crobat with Mean Look, train it up, get in a random encounter with Mesprit, hopefully out speed it, use Mean Look so it can't escape, and hope to the almighty Bird Jesus it doesn't use a Psychic move to knock out a Poison type which would allow it to flee.

*grumbles* Roaming Pokemon...

For me in BW2 I need to find Trapinch as a part of my Unova Pokedex because I REALLY want that SHINY HAXORUS AND I EVEN SAVED A SPARE MASTER BALL FOR IT

As ironic as it may sound based on my username, the hardest pokémon for me to find, let alone catch, has to be Munchlax hands-down. No matter how many times I tired using the Honey trees in Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, I was NEVER able to encounter that thing even once. It got the point where I just gave up and tried to trade for one

Last edited:
Well lets see……

In Sapphire/Emerald it was Ralts and Skamory. So feck'n frustrating, Skamory was the most frustrating, I'm pretty sure I only encountered 2 in the ENTIRE GAME!!!
In White I had trouble trying to find a Female Riolu, it took me a while but I finally found one and named her Shenzi :D . Sharpedo also took quite a while for me, so did Slowking and Kingdra.
In Y, there weren’t really any Pokemon I found hard to find. The hardest was probably a female Litleo (which is now my gorgeous Pyroar named Fliker ♥ ) which took about 5-10 minutes or so, not that long at all.

The hardest pokemon to catch to this day is every time that I go after Mesprit in Diamon/Pearl/Platinum. Finding it is one thing, catching it is a whole other story. Uxie and Azelf were thankfully easier to catch.

Eevee in White 2
It took me so LONG to find it, almost TWO WHOLE HOURS of walking up and down!!!!!!!! >:T
Eventally, I found one, and I killed it.
I hate it ever since.

Okay, maybe I don't hate ALL Eevees, just the Unova ones.

I also had a hard time finding a Lapras.
The same game...
Unova hates me :(

And I just realised that it looks really cute when you align everything in the center ♥​

Glad to see I'm not the only one who had hard times catching Eevee in BW2 :p

But seriously, the Pokemon who gave me my worst of times was Swablu in Emerald. Is Swablu hard to find? Nope! Is it hard to catch? Nope! Than were the odds totally against me? Oh hell yes!
I spent three blooody hours on the damn things. And they kept chirping and singing and mostly dodging my Pokeballs and fainting all the time. In the end I caught one and named her Piff, because that's what her twitting sounded like to me and those were so annoying!

The other Pokemon was Slowpoke in LeafGreen. It took me a long time fishing for one on Route 12 and for the first time in my life, I found myself yelling at a Gyarados to just leave me alone.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Phanpy in Pokémon Crystal. 5% in morning ONLY. Tell me that didn't tick you off. Oh yeah, and Ralts in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Last edited:
Oh gosh. I remember trying to catch a Throh and despite being at low health, I still wasted all of my Pokeballs.:@
Another one is Feebas. It's one of the few Pokemon I never caught in my life just because how rare it is.

Right now I am having so much trouble trying to find Moltres in Pokemon Y. I've been able to find it 3 times and I still have a ways to go before I can catch it.