• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hardest Pokemon for you to find?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Oh gods. The first thing that comes to mind is my most recent Flygon in White 2. Not to say I didn't find Trapinches, but every time I found a Trapinch it had a terrible nature. I spent HOURS ON END looking for a decent Trapinch, and nothing. Eventually I gave up.

Then the next morning I started the game, and the first thing I run into? Adamant effing Trapinch. I named him Sheogorath after the Daedric Prince of Madness, because I'm pretty sure the game was intentionally trying to drive me crazy. XD

Other contenders for Exhibit A were my Emerald Version Shiftry, Evergreen (I spent hours looking for any Seedot at all and ran into multiple Ralts - which are MUCH rarer than Seedot, or at least supposed to be - before I found a single Seedot), Tornadus in White (the bloody thing gave me hell in the catching department) and Azelf (at least once) in Diamond.

Well, first was my Emerald Ralts. It took me an hour and a half just to get Todd. I first encountered a Ralts, and was steadily weakening it to red. I hit with Tackle one last time, after Poke Balls wouldn't work at yellow, and-

Critical hit. It fainted, and here is the faces that all contribute to how I was feeling: >=O :O ;_; @.@ :(

Then, I spent more time finding one, and caught it, after 3 Poke Balls wasted. I named it Todd. Snorunt was also equally elusive in this same game.

Since then, there's been others, like Emolga in Black or Riolu in Black 2, but none have given me that level of frustration.

Stel, I'm fairly sure Ralts has a higher encounter rate I think Ralts has 4% and Seedot 1%.

But saying that the 1% Surskit in Sapphire gave me trouble as did the 1% Seedot in Emerald

Also Black 2 gave me trouble finding a Mareep, found a load of Pidove, Riolu and Azurill but no Mareep took me 6 hours to find one

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
First thing I did when I got to Castelia City in my Japanese copy of White 2 was go searching for Eevee. Took me over two hours to find the thing, but so worth it. ♥

The hardest was always Abra. He'd teleport away from me every time! And, being the bright person that I am, I only had offensive attacks on my pokemon. In other words, I kept killing it. o.o;

Two Pokemon immediately sprung to mind when I saw this topic and I ended up giving up on both. Lapras in FrLg is the first one. They were supposed to be in Ice Fall Cave because that's where Lorelei caught hers...I honestly wonder if it was a mistake on the part of my guide that the player could catch one. Feebas in DPPt is another one that drove me nuts. That stupid lake in Mt. Coronet was huge and I never caught a single Feebas. I ended up transporting (and evolving) one from Sapphire.

Demelza said:
First thing I did when I got to Castelia City in my Japanese copy of White 2 was go searching for Eevee. Took me over two hours to find the thing, but so worth it. ♥
Ugh!
Have to agree.
I'm still looking after three days, but perhaps that's just because I only want a female...

Dude, you're better off just grabbing one and then breeding...you may only have a 12.5% chance of getting it through breeding...but that's still a lot better than finding it wild...

One of the hardest for me to find was always Mantine in HGSS/GSC. I don't care what percentage it is available, I had the shittiest luck finding them, and whenever I did, I nearly O'KO'd it with crits. Why would I want a Mantine? Why wouldn't I want that awesome looking Pokemon?

Demelza said:
you can just get one from fennel in castelia city

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
LoN said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gen III Feebas.

Oh god that took me FOREVER.

I think most people block that experience from memory. I know I try to! Stupid fishing rod.

Probably Feebas in Gen III took me the longest to find... but more recently Scraggy caused me a bit of trouble in White 2. I don't even think he's supposed to be so rare, but it took me two days to find one. I'd found Riolu and Eevee pretty easily, but Scraggy was just mean on purpose I feel :?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Honestly I didn't find Feebas that hard to find in Gen IV once I found out where to look for them. It's time consuming but it's hardly difficult. The problem with it is that you'd never figure out how to find them unless someone told you how to.

I never had a problem catching a pokemon... but.... Dem Shinies! They will make you super mad until your head explodes. I'd recommend hatching to get one, it doubles the chance of getting one. If you are a shiny hunter, tell me how to get one! (Except Shiny Gyarados!

Well, if you're an XD player, you know how hard it is to get Trapinch, Wooper, and Surskit at PokeSpots, and I had to get two of each. It isn't terribly hard or time-consuming, but it is annoying to wait, especially when you get down to one of them. I got two Trapinchs and Woopers, but I still hadn't even encountered a Surskit. So, that took another 3 hours of Hoppips and several Phanpys before I got 2. I just had rotten luck with Surskit in general.

ShinyZekrom009 said:
Well, if you're an XD player, you know how hard it is to get Trapinch, Wooper, and Surskit at PokeSpots, and I had to get two of each. It isn't terribly hard or time-consuming, but it is annoying to wait, especially when you get down to one of them. I got two Trapinchs and Woopers, but I still hadn't even encountered a Surskit. So, that took another 3 hours of Hoppips and several Phanpys before I got 2. I just had rotten luck with Surskit in general.

Do you mean Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness? I've never played it, but I'm a fan of the Colosseum games. (Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, and Pokemon Battle Revoluion)

Typhlosion said:
ShinyZekrom009 said:

Do you mean Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness? I've never played it, but I'm a fan of the Colosseum games. (Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, and Pokemon Battle Revoluion)

Yes, I mean Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. I wish I had Colosseum, but I don't, so the only time I've played it was renting it from Blockbuster 7 years ago, before Netflix, Gamefly, and all that other stuff can around.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Typhlosion said:
I never had a problem catching a pokemon... but.... Dem Shinies! They will make you super mad until your head explodes. I'd recommend hatching to get one, it doubles the chance of getting one. If you are a shiny hunter, tell me how to get one! (Except Shiny Gyarados!
What you're saying isn't quite correct - regular hatched Pokémon have the same chance (1/8192) of being shiny as caught Pokémon.

What I think you're referring to is the Masude method, which only applies to bred Pokémon where one of the parents is from a different language game - in other words, to get my shiny Porygon I bred a European Ditto from my game with a Japanese Porygon. Obviously having a Japanese Ditto is more ideal, but they're hard to get. This method increases the chances to 1/1366 in Generation V, which makes it six times more likely for you to get a shiny.

Well yes, that is what I meant. Still, does anyone know how to get a shiny with a better chance? I get sick of running around and finding golducks :@

What Teapot said is basically the method that can get you the best chance of obtaining Shiny Pokemon. For more, you'll have to pray you get lucky, or trade via Wi-Fi Connection worldwide(or with registered friends). There are also a few Shiny Pokemon that are easier to acquire, such as the red Gyrados of HG/SS, and the Shiny Gible and Dratini of B2/W2.

I know it sorta is starnge, but I couldn't find Wailmer in Emerald for about 4 hours. I don't know if it is bad luck, but whenever I still try today, it takes 40+ minutes. (I oddly almost always use Wailord..)

I've been playing Black 2 for 160 hours, now, and I've been trying to find Emolga pretty much the entire time because I love how cute it is, and its personality in the anime is a lot like my personality. Despite the multitude of places you can **supposedly** find them in Black 2, I haven't found a single one!!! >=O

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
TornadicTrainer96 said:
I've been playing Black 2 for 160 hours, now, and I've been trying to find Emolga pretty much the entire time because I love how cute it is, and its personality in the anime is a lot like my personality. Despite the multitude of places you can **supposedly** find them in Black 2, I haven't found a single one!!! >=O
They're a rare occurrence in shaking grass only, so it might take some time for you to find one, but one will show up eventually if make enough shaking grass patches appear :)

Magpie said:
TornadicTrainer96 said:
They're a rare occurrence in shaking grass only, so it might take some time for you to find one, but one will show up eventually if make enough shaking grass patches appear :)

Ah! Thank you so much for that information! I feel a little less discouraged now. Lol, guess I'll encounter an awful lot of Audino until an Emolga decides to appear. ;)

Going way back to Yellow, the hardest Pokemon for me to find was bloody Tauros. I ran around the Safari Zone so many times and I could not find the thing. I found more Chanseys than Tauros which I thought was weird at the time as they're supposed to be rarer. XD

In R/S/E it was probably Ralts. I spent ages in the one route looking for a female one back then. :)

In Black 2, trying to find an Eevee in Castelia City was also an uphill struggle. Tons of Bunearys but only one Eevee in about 4 hours or more of searching.

Feebas, oh you little elusive little son of a fish. 10 (albeit non-consecutive, I'm not that crazy) hours of looking for that guy in Gen III, but got a nice powerful li'l lady, who's modest to boot! Easier to evolve, and bucketloads of damage on those Hydro Pumps.

Oh god where do I begin. There was Riolu in Pokemon White, Latios in SoulSilver(I don't know why, it just won't stay in the damn Ultra Ball, Fast Ball, or Dusk Ball.), Ralts in Emerald, Pikachu in LG AND Emerald, Wobbuffett in Emerald(A lot of Pokemon are 3rd gen...), Mewtwo in LG, Mesprit in Platinum, Eevee in Black 2, Riolu in Black 2, Larvitar on SS(cause it was too low level to take a hit, but it wouldn't just let me catch it.) Milotic in Black 2, Wailord in Black 2, and last but not least, GIRATINA! I had to fight him like 10 times with a lot of resetting. Luckily I saved beforehand.

i think that DAMN FEEBAS is hardest one to find..... i have been looking for it in emerald for 3 days AND I CANT FIND IT!i know how to get it but still its so much time and effort how to get it that son of a fish.

and i hate to try find a eevee in newest generation (unova)

Abra. Not really the HARDEST Pokémon to FIND, I mean, in Pokémon Red and Blue it was pretty easy to find. But the only move it knew was TELEPORT. Most of the times I try catching an Abra, I have to get REALLY lucky for Abra's Teleport to fail, or I would just begin to toss Pokéballs hoping for it to work. I'm pretty sure everyone must've had this problem during their childhoods...

Abra. Not really the HARDEST Pokémon to FIND, I mean, in Pokémon Red and Blue it was pretty easy to find. But the only move it knew was TELEPORT. Most of the times I try catching an Abra, I have to get REALLY lucky for Abra's Teleport to fail, or I would just begin to toss Pokéballs hoping for it to work. I'm pretty sure everyone must've had this problem during their childhoods...

(sigh) not my childhood... :(. I JUST CANT FIND A FREAKING TRASH CAN POKEMON IN BLACK VERSION >:(

Oh god where do I begin. There was Riolu in Pokemon White, Latios in SoulSilver(I don't know why, it just won't stay in the damn Ultra Ball, Fast Ball, or Dusk Ball.), Ralts in Emerald, Pikachu in LG AND Emerald, Wobbuffett in Emerald(A lot of Pokemon are 3rd gen...), Mewtwo in LG, Mesprit in Platinum, Eevee in Black 2, Riolu in Black 2, Larvitar on SS(cause it was too low level to take a hit, but it wouldn't just let me catch it.) Milotic in Black 2, Wailord in Black 2, and last but not least, GIRATINA! I had to fight him like 10 times with a lot of resetting. Luckily I saved beforehand.
It was my first encounter in emerald