• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Happy 'Charms Day (from the members of Pokecharms!)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Hey all, @Kyubeon here! As Pokecharms is celebrating its twelfth anniversary this year, several of the members and I got together to create a little something to celebrate the occasion. It's not much, but I hope you guys enjoy the video and messages the members, past and present, old and new, have to put together about this amazing website.

Thank you to everyone who participated to make this project possible, and also to staff for making this entire website experience possible! Here's to many more to come, and once again, Happy Pokecharms Day (and stay Crazy and Proud~)!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
right-in-the-feels.gif

Seriously, though, thank you all so much for this, it means an awful lot to me. ^^

I've always gone on about how the community makes this site, far more than anything else - and this just proves that so very true. Every minute spent working on this site, coding shiny things, waging a brutal but hopefully invisible war on the hordes of spambots, losing sleep thinking about 'Charms stuff... it's all worth it. All of it. I'm going to keep working hard for you guys for as long as there is still a Pokécharms to work on. ^^

It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of this video, and even today it still an absolute pleasure to be a small part of such a big community. Although the legendary fro may have vanished 3 aeons ago, the guy behind it hasn't! I'll be on later on tonight to spend some time with you all and look back on some of the greatest experiences with one of the best online communities I've seen and, most importantly, been a part of!

Once more, Happy Pokecharms Day!

Friends, friends, friends... I feel like that was the recurring theme from the video ♥

Shiny, you're amazing!

Anyway, it took me about six or seven times to record my portion because there was so much to say and so many memories to talk and so many hilarious chat conversations to go on and on about. I'm sure anyone of us could've talked for 20 minutes individually. If I don't stop in chat today, I'll be there tomorrow :-D

Also apologies for recording with a toaster, I mean my phone lol. Good lord the lighting was atrocious.

Edit: Also TBA's bait and switch! lol!

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I have to say, it was honorable in participating in this, and the video made me smile, and really joyful to be apart of this community. Even though, I haven't been on for a year, I feel like I know each and one of you, and would love to see you all in person~
But enough of me rambling. Happy charms day~

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
brill.gif

It is quite an honour to be the progenitor of a site that can illicit such a response from its users both long-time and new. There's a lot coming in the future for the site that I'm sure will only help it become that for even more people and hopefully we can all end up agreeing that it's the best little Pokemon themed corner of the internet.

That moment you realize how much your voice cracks and stutters XD

I all seriousness though, I have come to love this site and everyoe who is apart of it. you guys have been great friends, and I've learnt so much of the site as a whole. Thanks everyone :)

Last edited:
After watching this, I feel pretty pointless. I mean, I had no idea PokéCharms was 12! I should've joined as soon as I found this site, and I will never know why I didn't. The other thing I'll never understand is why so many of you care about me. I mean, why me and why not someone else?

Life's mysteries...

After watching this, I feel pretty pointless. I mean, I had no idea PokéCharms was 12! I should've joined as soon as I found this site, and I will never know why I didn't. The other thing I'll never understand is why so many of you care about me. I mean, why me and why not someone else?

Life's mysteries...
Well, I've knew about this site since 2012, so you're fine.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I refused to reply to this article until fully watching and reading through everything that it has to offer, and I must say... Thank you so, so much for organising this, @Kyubeon, and to everyone who took part. ;_; It's utterly brilliant and I can't express that enough. Everything that was included in the video and the text document made me smile (and laugh, and yell in surprise, and almost tear up a few times!), but ultimately it just made me stop and think... wow. How lucky am I to be part of something like this?

I've long felt that one of the most amazing things about Pokecharms is that so many people love it as much as I do, and these messages really drove that fact home. Hearing that so many others have made lasting friendships via Charms, friendships that have held true beyond the site itself, is truly special. There's nothing better than that. :)

It really is me who should be thanking all of you, not only for being part of Pokecharms but for treating me like member of it, too. It means a lot to me that so many of you regard and treat me like a friend or acquaintance and not just an Admin. As a fellow Pokemon fan, I couldn't have asked for a better community to be part of. ^^

I ramble... Just, thank you, all of you. Thank you so much for this and everything else that you've shared with us, with Pokecharms, and me personally. Again I say, Happy Pokecharms Day! You guys are awesome. ♥

After watching this, I kinda wanna re-do my bit >>

Can't believe I've been here as long as I have. It sure doesn't feel like it. The amount of people I've seen come and go through here is staggering, and I remember each and every one of them. That's what I like about this community: everyone's got that unique quirk to them, there's always fond memories to be had, and there is never, ever a dull moment.

It's been a pleasure getting to know so many wonderful people, so here's to more years to come! Happy Birthday, Pokecharms. It's been a hell of a ride, and there's still more to go.

Oh my god. During my part I was about ready to cry. There is soooo much that I love about this place, and I honestly wish I could have found everyone sooner. My little bit just doesn't do justice for how much I care about the community that has grown here, and all the staff that deals with all of our shit. Because Wii are pretty crazy, but that's part of why this is the place I come to when I just want to feel like I belong somewhere. I don't think I've been part of a community that wants me to keep being the quirky, crazy, (most of the time) fluffly fluff ball that I am and I am so thankful for that. For the longest time I was honestly worried that people here might not like me, but I know now thats not true and I couldn't ask for anything more.

And Staff,
Keep doing what you do. You make this place part of your time and keep everything running smoothly for us users, when you have lives of your own. You guys and galls are amazing, and deserve all of the love this community gives you and more.
~Jada

Last edited:

Thomas Runner

Formerly Wolf Spirit
Oh my god. During my part I was about ready to cry. There is soooo much that I love about this place, and I honestly wish I could have found everyone sooner. My little bit just doesn't do justice for how much I care about the community that has grown here, and all the staff that deals with all of our shit. Because Wii are pretty crazy, but that's part of why this is the place I come to when I just want to feel like I belong somewhere. I don't think I've been part of a community that wants me to keep being the quirky, crazy, (most of the time) a fluffly fluff ball that I am and I am so thankful for that. For the longest time I was honestly worried that people here might not like me, but I know now thats not true and I couldn't ask for anything more.

And Staff,
Keep doing what you do. You make this place part of your time and keep everything running smoothly for us users, when you have lives of your own. You guys and galls are amazing, and deserve all of the love this community gives you and more.
~Jada
no offense, but i could tell you were gonna cry, you have no reason to be scared, we are your friends, and you are a beautiful young lady

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
Also late on this, but I do have a few words for this.
Charms, just, this might sound weird, but, feels like my home. I can come here to talk and laugh with my friends, create trainer cards, (which is what drew me here in the first place) and just be me. I've loved it since the beginning and always will. My experience here has been incredible and I most certainly hope it will continue to be. Happy 12th, everyone!

P.S, thanks for the shoutout Iain108!