• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Halloween Wonder Trade Event!

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
[So, this is a community project that took off on the forums a few days ago to Wonder Trade Halloween-themed Pokémon - it's a great idea, so I'll let Ruko explain more... -Teapot]

So, @DoggyEars had an idea to catch up as many Pumpkaboo as she can, give them rare candy and then Wonder-Trade them on Halloween. I've decided to follow suit and do the same thing and thought I'd post here to see if anyone else would like to join us, or perhaps just try to get a hold of one on halloween :)

At the moment we're thinking about nicknaming them, but don't have any particularly good ideas - if you can come up with any, feel free to post suggestions or even take from the suggestion pool to nickname your own.

Name suggestions I've liked:
Jack
Candy
Boo
Ichabod
Grim
Salem
Sweets

THREAD HIGHLIGHTS

... other potential 'mons to wonder trade? Like, I dunno, bats or something. Or witches. Misdreavus seems like a good witch/ghost
Misdreavus, Woobat and Noibat all sound great, for general rarity - but I don't think anyone will appreciate receiving a Zubat regardless of intent

But, instead of a rare candy, can I adjust the rules to put berries?
I'm not going to restrict folks who want to join in - attach whatever you'd like, or even nothing!

Are we going to be timing this at a specific time on Friday?
Because of the difficulty of coordination, and exclusion of folks in certain timezones, no. I've also run the wonder trades dry before, running out of currently active people to wonder trade with.

I think we should all have our message be the same
I'm going to have my message set to "Pokecharms.com"
Anyone inclined enough to check it out will know why and potentially join us in our ghost flood.

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Boo is always a cute nickname ;D though kinda simple. Also Pepo, from the specie name of pumpkin~

Also totally joining in on this. It seems fun and I'm willing to see if I somehow, randomly, get anyone's Pumpkaboo here XD Are there other potential 'mons to wonder trade? Like, I dunno, bats or something. Or witches. Misdreavus seems like a good witch/ghost thing :'D *shot*

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Ooo~
I have some spare time to get into the halloween mood, so I'll join in on the fun.
I just thought on some names. There will be more.
- Cutie pie~
- Dracula
- Death
But, instead of a rare candy, can I adjust the rules to put berries?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@UndeadRaptor13 Shuppet are cute enough for me to say yes ;D

Also this came up in chat, but if you're breeding, it'll be a nice touch to add in egg moves you think would be helpful to your 'mons. I'm currently breeding a bunch of Stored Power Woobat, as an example. Hidden Abilities, if you can get them, are also nice~

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Are we going to be timing this at a specific time on Friday?
That wouldn't be terribly easy to coordinate, and on top of that I've run out of people to wonder trade with before when dumping multiple boxes of babies in at once.. so I think it'll just be a whenever you feel like it unless someone proposes a good reason to do it together.

I won't be home until 10pm eastern most likely but I will send out my duskulls around then unless I can get a connection to wifi before then. Oh and don't forget to list your OTs so people know when they got another charmsian pokemon :D

This actually sounds like a lot of fun :) . I think I'll be able to Wonder Trade in the morning, though I'll have to check which pokémon I can be able to breed &/or trade. Also, I think Ghoulie could be another good Pumpkaboo nickname

This sounds like so much fun I am in 100%! Think I will throw in some mightyeha(sp?) as well for like a werewolf vibe. Other names I can think of for Halloween Mons - Grim, Samhain, Bruja, Spooks/Spooky, Salem... yeah the rest seem to have been said haha! :)

I like the idea :p and since I wont be Trick-o-treating or doing something in specific in Halloween...;_; I might get pumpkaboo breeding and ghastly breeding for that time.

I'm in going to start catching/breeding noibats and glameows (black cat) and houndooms (grim reaper) but one thing. What is the message thing you speak of?

My friend would say to name the mightinas Edward :@>_<

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
My friend would say to name the mightinas Edward :@>_<
If anything the mightyena should be named Jacob.

And whenever you connect online you can select a special message that you say to everyone automatically - you know how everyone floating by says a particular phrase of some sort?

This sounds cool! I might breed some Zoruas, name them 'Howl' (werewolf themed) and I'll try and make sure that they have 4-5 perfect ivs. So if you get a a Zorua named Howl from WT and the OT is Virizion, That'll be from me :D

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Do you guys have enough Rare Candies? I have an infinite amount of them if anyone needs some.

That would be some painstaking trading right there @.@
Nobody has to attach anything - it's just what those of us who are capable are doing.

I was going to set my message to "pokecharms.com"
It'd be more likely to bring people on board to see the homepage, potentially fueling more wonder ghost explosion.

Also, no there isn't a specific time for reasons outlined above :)
I will be doing the same :D

I've finished Breeding the Zorua's now :D

Here is some info on them:
Nickname: Howl
Ability: Illusion
Level: 1
IVS: 4-5 ivs (most have 5)
Held Item: Awakening
Moves: Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Extrasensory, Counter
No# Available: One box full.
OT: Virizion
Nature: random natures

The Duskulls are all ready and will be sent this evening most likely.
Male and female Duskulls, nicknamed Grim and Mandy for males and females respectively.
- Various natures but most are Careful
- IVs are marked (didnt have the time to make a box full of pentas but they have decent IVs for the most part)
- Will-o-wisp and trick room learned.
- Most will have pokerus as well.
- OT: Jeydis

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
My OT is Rohan~

Woobat (Cooties):
-HA Simple
-Stored Power, Charm
-Timid
-Most are 5IVs

Joltik (Itsy-Bitsy):