• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Gym Academy

shinx illusions jumps into the air while shinx jumps to another pad to hit scissor with a sneak attack and tyrese whisper to himself"just got to wait for the right moment to attack gligor"

Jerek knew that in two or three more hits, one of them would go down. All gligar needed to do was just stop posing and being flamboyant, and maybe it would be over. Like that would ever happen, he thought.

it was exactly right that Flaps would ever not be flamboyant and posey. "Alright Flaps lets finish this off with a bulldoze!" Her gligar seemed to drop from the sky heading directly for an empty pad. on her way down Flaps performs no less than 3 flips. just before colliding with the platform she pulls up turning it into a charge over the water straight for Shinx.

Tyrese starts panicking"ugh shinx use flash"shinx starts glowing creating a white light and also moving out the to not get hit by gligar

after flying past her target due to blindness Flaps pushed against the edge of another platform and used her wings to turn taking another shot at hitting using her hearing this time, her eyes closed tight,.

Flaps once again passed over the target coming to a stop on an empty pad. Samantha having been blinded by the flash was not sure exactly where shinx was, only knowing that it is somewhere in the water. "Flaps, get back in the sky and keep watch for shinx" Flaps nodded and leapt back up once again circling the arena overhead.

Last edited:
shinx creates double teams going up on the pads and trying to hit gligar shinx goes back up on the pad creating one more illusion on the pad with him waiting for gligar to get of gaurd

Samantha smiled slightly "Flaps use fury cutter on the ones jumping at you" Flaps swung her claws at each illusion that got close to her. "if it keeps going like this im just gunna have to destroy the pads until you are out of standing room!"

OOC: (do these fights have like a time limit or something? cause these two could keep dodging and avoiding combat forever.)

"OK shinx use tackle" the illusion goes first going pad to pad and jumps up in front of gligar while shinx goes a different direction,Tyrese starts whisper to himself"come on i need to land a hit"shinx comes from behind while the illusion goes up front of gligar,shinx aims at gligar trying to hit him the water"ok i cant afford to miss this"

The tackle colides cleanly with the flying gligar, Flaps falls forward but catches herself back into gliding mode. "Quick flaps, when shinx is in the air use Buldoze!" Using the last of her strength Flaps charges up and shoots directly towards the still falling shinx.

Tyrese quickly responds "no come on shinx on more time flash"*shinx body start glow bright"ahh one last time come on"while glowing shinx creates two illusions trying to make gligar more confuse tyrese starts sweating even more

Samantha smiled slightly "Flaps use fury cutter on the ones jumping at you" Flaps swung her claws at each illusion that got close to her. "if it keeps going like this im just gunna have to destroy the pads until you are out of standing room!"

OOC: (do these fights have like a time limit or something? cause these two could keep dodging and avoiding combat forever.)
I will tell you guys when to wrap this up. Remember, better rp-er should be given a very tight match, out of courtesy.

"no im gonna lose here"as gligar hits shinx with a direct attack and shinx goes down landing on pad passed out"......i lost...i knew this was gonna happen from the start"Tyeres starts to have tears in his eyes

Flaps landed on a pad starting her posing and celebrating routine as Samantha got off of her platform to run around to her foes "that was a wonderful fight. you did an amazing job considering how much the odds were stacked against you." by the time she had finished Flaps had carried the shinx over and placed it next to its trainer.

Tyrese picks up his shinx"you did good buddy"Tyrese starts walking off the arena"im not losing to you next time"Tyrese walk to a pokecenter to heal up his pokemon not wanting to say a word to anyone else

Jerek loved the good fight, and there would be small break before his fight. He knew that he would have to start with turtwig, and hope that windigo's pokeball would work eventually.

Jemma analized the battle, reading all the moves the Pokemon made and reading the trainers' actions. 'This could help me for my own battles.' She thought to herself

Jemma carefully took out one of her pokeballs. "Dragi, do your best." She said, letting out her Dragonair. It let out a mighty cry as it stared the grass pokemon down. "Well, my move first. Thunder Wave!"

Vulcan watched on as the second battle began.
I wonder who my Opponent is... Hah, I'll be able to take them down!

He examined the four pokeballs on his belt. His focus, however, soon turned to the battle at hand. The large, serpentine Dragonair was towering over the Turtwig, and was charging up to launch at the small Pokemon.

Tyrese enters the pokecenter and gives his pokemon to the nurse and takes a seat waiting for shinx to be healed"hmm i need another pokemon maybe a tyanamo"Shinx was fully healed and Tyrese got up and pick up shinx"ok buddy lets train maybe catch another pokemon"Tyrese walks out the pokecenter and into celebi forest

Jerek knew that turtwig would not mind getting paralyzed. This dragonair could sweep him, but it would be a tough battle. "Twiggy, swords dance!" Twiggy danced like a blade, raising its attack. However, it took the thunder wave full on. Good, I forgot she didn't watch me fight zachary! "Twiggy, facade!" The attack was pretty close, so the dragonair would have to dodge fast.

Twiggy's facade missed, shooting him over the target. However, it hurtled him through the air, barely dodging the dragon tail. She was tiring Twiggy out, but Dragonair would also get tired. Twiggy landed with a soft thud into the field, a rocky arena. Maybe he could use that to his advantage. However, if she happened to have something that could dig in that ground, it would be bad for him. But there was no way she would have a Gible, or something like that, right?
OOC: Forgot to tell the arena! Oops! Anyway, use Gible if you want, my character just doesn't know about it.

Jemma looked around the rocky arena. 'Should've gone with Gible.' She thought to herself, coming up with a plan. "Dragi, use Aqua Tail." The girl said as the serpent-like Pokemon sped forward, its tail surrounded by water.

"yeah i should've thought this through there's noway im going to be able to find a tyanamo in a forest,well i guess i'll just go train shinx" Tyrese walks around the forest looking for pokemon to battle"man why is there no pokemon popping up"while Tyrse and shinx are walking they get attack by a elekid,Tyrese jumps back"whoa ok shinx i think we just found ourselves"

Samantha exits after finishing healing up her gligar. knowing that she is not going to have to battle anybody in the short term she sets out on her path to the mountain to train and possibly pick up a new pokemon.

Turtwig couldn't outrun this aqua tail. It slammed into Twiggy, clobbering him. However, Jerek made the most of every opportunity. "Twiggy clamp onto that tail!" Twiggy hung on, ready for an easy hit. "Seed bomb"

"Watch out!" Jemma screamed as the turtle-like Pokemon bit the Dragonair's tail, and was alter hit by the powerful grass-type attack. "Try to shake it off." She told her Pokemon as it shook its tail back and forth.

"OK shinx use double team"Shinx creates illusions surrounding Elekid and started running around in circles making Elekid confused"ok shinx use tackle"While elekid is confuse shinx comes from behind hitting elekid"good job shinx"Elekid got mad and used a quick attack on shinx"shinx watch out"shinx moved away dodging elekid attack

Name: Andrew
Type: Water
Personality: Deeply interested in all pokemon, not very social
Appearance: Black, slicked up hair with a sharp looking face shape. Tan with no facial hair.
Trainer Card(Not Mandatory, but Recommended): I'll make one later, right now all I have is a Buizel.

BIC: Tanner ran after Buizel as it ran to their room. He didn't not request a roommate, Buizel was already a handful. As he started to settle in by organizing his clothes he fed Buizel some berries. After feeding Buizel he took him down to the lake and swam with him until night. Tanner had a spare bed in his room but he spelt with Buizel anyways.

Last edited:
Twiggy hurtled to the floor. Windigo's pokeball should be ready soon. Just 2 more minutes! "Twiggy, seed bomb!" More seeds shot out at the dragonair. "And while it tries to dodge that, swords dance!" Twiggy began dancing like a blade again, strengthening its attack stat even more. It could not take a lot more, but it needed to land some damage. Dragonair was a powerful pokemon, and that would take a lot to bring down.

The Dragon-type instinctively moved around to evade the incoming attack. 'It's getting weak. One more attack or two should do it.' She thought, thinking of a good move to attack. "Dragi, Dragon Rage." The serpentine pokemon opened its mouth as blue flames came out, heading directly towards the grass-type.

Not the time for light screen. I need to dodge this. Twiggy leapt out of the dragon rage's path. But then froze. He was paralyzed, and could not counter attack. I need to use this for something!
Jerek scanned the arena. There was a rock pretty close to Twiggy. Suddenly, he realized Windigo's pokeball fizzing and crackling up. It was almost ready for use, maybe another minute left. He had to just hit that dragonair with more moves, and get it ready for Windigo.

Jemma's eyes followed the turtle. 'They must be planning something.' She though. "Dragi, keep firing." More and more blue flames came out of its mouth and shot towards the turtle Pokemon.

Now let's see if Turtles can jump. "Twiggy, leap onto that rock!" Jerek cried. Twiggy barely avoided a blast of dragon rage, with the explosion rocketing him upwards. He was on a straight collision course with Dragonair. All that he needed to do was ground this dragonair. "Facade!" Twiggy focused the pain of its paralysis into the attack. If this hit, that dragonair would take a beating. And if it didn't, it would take worse than that.

Jemma's eyes widened. "Oh, no." She whispered as the attack connected to her Dragon. The attack sent her Pokemon flying back. "Dragi, please get up." She said as her Pokemon got up, though with obvious bruises.

Jerek knew that he had gotten pretty lucky with that. He needed to wrap this up fast. Twiggy again froze in paralysis. This was a window for the enemy to strike.