• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Golden Opportunities

A girl was walking down a dusty pathway.

It was a nice Sunday morning.
The path to Cherrygrove was empty, there was no living soul around. Everyone was probably sleeping, though it was a shame. The weather was sunny, without a cloud in sight.
People should use these kind of days to go for a walk outside, or spend the time in the park.

Behind the girl was a little Pokemon, following her every step. A small Totodile, just hatched, it seems. It looks like it's using every single moment to explore it's surroundings.
The pathway was surrounded by giant trees on one side, and an open field on the other. Usually children could be seen on the endless field, playing; with Pokemon, or each other. Today, no child was playing outside. Though, it was 7 a.m., and the children come to play around 8-8:30.

The girl suddenly turned around, grabbing the Totodile, like she was worried it would get lost, and puts it in her backpack. She closed it, but she left just the amount of space open for the Totodile, so it could stick it's head out and look around.

They were getting closer to Cherrygrove.

She got the Totodile from Professor Elm, a man who owns a lab in her hometown, New Bark town. A small village, with a couple of houses here and there.
The folk was surprised that a professor has chosen their little town to place his lab.
And when he announced he was giving away Pokemon, only the girl showed up.
But she didn't mind it. She got her first Pokemon. It was an opportunity she couldn't miss.

She saw a sign that said "Cherrygrove City", so she relaxed a bit.

Her mother didn't want her to go away from home, she didn't want her child to go into a dangerous journey filled with dangerous monsters. But the girl was persistant, so her mother was forced to say 'farewell' to her, and be apart from her daughter for a long time. The girls promised she would stay in touch with her trough her Pokegear.

Finally, she arrived in Cherrygrove.
Her next step was to enter the PokeCenter and get her Trainer Card.
The process was quite confusing, but it worked, so everyone agreed on it. You just enter the PokeCenter, give them your detailes, and in the next couple of minutes, you get your Trainer Card, and you're ready to challenge the Pokemon League.

She entered the Cener, and it was filled with Trainers from all around the world. From Sinnoh, to Unova, and even Kalos.
The reason for all those trainers isn't because they wan't to be in Johto. It was the prices.
Naturally, the more lux a region is, the prices are higher on almost everything. Even hotel's; so everyone picked the smallest town with a motel for them to get settled in. They get a Trainer Card, and a home for the night, and they pay a low price.

The girls backpack felt a little lighter at that moment. She then realised that he Totodile went missing. he felt as if she got a punch in the stomach. She started turning around, looking for her poor Pokemon.

It was her only chance of leaving for an adventure.

She finally spots it with a Froakie next to a big plant. She runs towards it, and grabs it.
Then, she quickly managed to get downstairs to get her Trainer Card.

She waited for a long time, but it finally her turn. Over the time she spent waiting, she noticed that alot of people were camping there all night. "They have to be really obsessed over the prices" she thought.

"Name?", asked the polite nurse. " Uh, Olivia. Olivia Watson.", the girl said.
" Age?", the nurse asked another question. " Sixteen".

The age for the trainers to begin challenging the Pokemon League is sixteen. The border went higher as the years went by. Someone realised that little kids aren't the best trainers, so they thought that letting children play with Pokemon since the age of, let's say, seven, would increase the chances of that child being a better trainer.
And it turned out to be true, so now every region has a policy if introducing a little kid to the Pokemon world at a very young age.

" Your Trainer Card is ready. That will be 300 poke dollars", said the nurse with a smile.
" Thank you", said Olivia.

She walked out of the PokeCentre. It was dark.
She spent the whole day just to get a Trainer Card.

But it was all worth it. She is finally a Pokemon trainer.

(OOC: I'm new here, and I read all the rules, but tell me when I'm outta line)

"Geez. What a storm of newbies." The raven haired teen said to himself, examining all the trainers at the Pokémon Center, eager to get a Trainer Card. "Ay, Aibo?" The Ambipom laughed in response from its place on top of its trainers head.

There's always a hub-bub around Centers this time of year. The time where professors gave out a starter Pokémon. "Or have them stolen." He thought, recalling his red-haired rival.

Just then, a girl with a Totodile eagerly walked out of the Pokémon Center, clutching a trainer card.

(OOC: Hey, thanks for joining! Just so you know, put BIC when you are, well, back in character. Just for the sake of rules ;). Also, sorry if it's too long, haha i sometimes overwrite stuff ( what?). Oh, and if you could make your responses a little bit longer, cuz I don't know if they could be really short. Again, for the rules, but it does make things more interesting if it's more descriptive :))
BIC:

" So, Jawsome, where would you like to head next?", Olivia asked her Totodile.
" Oh, right, you can't speak. Okay, I'll decide. How about we... go to Violet city and challenge Falkner?", she said. " It'll be exciting to try and collect all of the badges! What do you think about that? Huh?".

Her Totodile smiled at her, probably aggreeing at her sudden idea.
' Oh, I wish there was a way for us to communicate', she thought, 'Oh right, there is...'
She was refferring at a machine called PokéSpeach. It resembeled a single-ear headphone that alowed the user to understand what a certain Pokemon is saying.

Of course, she couldn't afford it, so she tried not to think about it. But, the very idea to talk to your Pokemon like it was a human made her wonder so much..

Just then, her thoughts were interrupted by a young, red-haired male, sprinting by. He also pushed her in the process, so she coudn't see him very good before she fell.
' That's what I get for daydreaming..', she thought.

Suddenly, without even noticing, she yelled at the boy.
"Hey you! Red hair! What do you think you're doing!!?", she shouted.
The boy turned around, and looked at her.
" You talkin' to me?", he nonchalantly asked in very rough Italian accent.

Olivia froze.
' What the hell was I thinking?'

After five seconds, she gathered the courage to say yes.

"Heh, an attidute you have, huh? Oh, and a pretty little Totodile by yer side eh? How about we see if it can fight also? Whaddaya say?", he asked.

She never fought with her Totodile before, so she stood there thinking wether she woud accept the offer, or not.. She never really fought in a Pokemon battle either.
' I shouldn't fight... What if Totodile gets hurt?..'

" Just as I thought. You can bark, but you can't bite.", the boy said with a grin on his face.

" Who said I was backing out?!", Olivia yelled just as the boy turned away.
" Fine," he said, " but don't cry once you lose."

Olivias Totodile, Jawsome, eagerly stood infront of her, ready for the challenge ahead.
The boy sent out his Pokemon.
' Huh, a Cyndaquil..' Olivia said to herself.
Was he a friend of Professor Elm?, she thought. She knew only he gave out the three chosen starter Pokemon for the Johto region. And she knew that he wouldm't give it to a punk like this.

' Focus n the battle Olivia..', she tried to encourage herslef.

"Allright Jawsome, Tackle the Cyndaquil!", she ordered her Pokemon. It tried to Tackle it's foe, but the Cyndaquil dodged the attack.

" Tackle it, Cyndaquil!", the boy exclaimed. Unfortunately for Olivia, thin attack hit her Pokemon.

" Argh, tackle it again, Jawsome!", she yelled.

Jawsome started sprinting towards the Cyndaquil, finally hitting it.

" Yes!", Olivia shouted. She couldn't tell why she was so happy, but she was.

" You two! What do you think you are doing?!", a voice yelled, " You know there is no battling in towns and cities, unless it's in the gym!".
It was a police officer.

" Sorry sir, it won't happen again. I didn't know-", she tried to explain.
" Don't worry, I see you are both newbies, so I won't go hard on you. But, if you continue like this, I will confiscate your Trainer Cards.", the officer said.

Olivia felt relieved. If he took her Trainer Card, she wouldn't be able to challenge the gym leaders. Or do anything Pokemon related.

" Anyway, what is your name?", she asked the red haired boy. She was really curious, and she wanted to know who he is.

" None of your buisness!", he snorted.

'Now who has an attitude?', she thought. " Anyway, want to continue our journey, Jawsome?", she asked her Totodile. Not waiting for an answer, she grabbed it and placed it in her backpack, Jawsomes favorite 'vechicle', and continued onwards.

Gold had watched the entire scene unfold, and as the mysterious Totodile girl walked off, he felt a looming sense of... Responsibility? He needed to know her name!
He jumped down off the roof of the old man whom he was very good friends with, putting a his skateboard under his feet at the very last second.

"Hand on Aibo!" He cried as they speed off towards the girl.

And who was that boy too? He didn't matter as much, but... Hey! he had a Cyndaquil! "Did Elm really give a Pokémon to that kid?

Questions swam around in his head as he continued.

"Oh my Arceus. Is that the Champion Gold?"
"Yeah, yeah. It must be!"

He ignored whomever said this, he was well known around here, his hometown being so close, so it came as no surprise whenever he passed on though. They must've been from another region. He'd get challenged to a battle now and then, asked for advice, (He remembers a little boy asking him about which Pokémon he should use to win, which to replied with; "Win with your favourite!") and the like when he passed though.

The girl came into sight, he slowed.

"Hey! um... GIRL!!"

"Hey! um... GIRL!!"

Olivia froze. Was the voice calling her?
Then a thought came to her head, that she tended to freeze very often..
'Why am I always trying to think about something else, other then whats really happening?!', she thought.

She looked around, but she hadn't seen a soul around her. Maybe it did call her..
She felt her Totodile move inside her backpack. Olivia smiled. He clearly wanted to know what is happening, she thought.

'Why would he call me 'girl'? I don't look like a girl from the back...', she thought. She really didn't. She had shoulder lenght, blonde hair, she was wearing a wide, gray sweatshirt and some knee-lenght pants. Maybe he saw me earlier, another thought crossed her mind.

Then she realised how long she was just standing there. Maybe a minute or two, but it still felt long.

Olivia then turned around. The boy who was standing there wasn't far away, but he wasn't close either. Still it wasn't too far away for her to think that it was the Champion.
'Could it be?', she thought. ' Nah... but, maybe....'

She finally had the courage to ask, even though she allready knew,

"Are you looking for me?".

Breathing heavily, the boy jumped off his skateboard, and half stumbled-half ran towards the girl.

"*pant pant* Yeah... I just... I mean, is your Totodile okay? I saw what happened back there, and... Gee. I probably seem really creepy..." Gold stumbled to find the right words.

He pulled off his goggles and returned them to the front of his hat.

"I felt some sort of responsibility when I saw you with one of old Man Elm's starter Pokèmon!"

He proceeded to dig though his bag and pull out a Full Restore.

"Does Totodile need medical attention? Do you have any money?"

"What am I thinking?! I look so stupid and clueless! What was there to gain when I went after her?!"

"Oh shi-", Olivia almost shouted.

She just noticed how hurt Totodile really is!
'How could I be so irresponsible?!', she thought. And do I have the money?, the thought crossed her mind. She just brought some money from her home, enough for a Trainer Card and to rest over night, she didn't think forward.

Though, she didn't want to seem pushy and ask the boy for the money. It just seemed wrong from her point of view.Since she was little, she was taught to earn, not take.

It was mostly her father that pushed that kind of mentality.

He always wanted a boy, and, apart from her older sister, she was the only child of the family. So, he was bringing her to all sorts of sports and he insisted that she spends the whole day out, like his father did with him and his brother.

But Olivia didn't care about it. In fact, she liked the connection she and her father had had. She liked spending time outdoors with Pokemon, or other children. Usualy it was boys she was playing with, hence her roughness and quick temper. And she a huge tomboy back in the day...

She quickly got back to reality and looked at the boy, who was standing in front of her. He kinda resembeles to the Johto Champion, the thought came to her. 'Maybe he is...', she thought, but she threw away the thought, as quickly as it came.

"Uh, um, yeah he does look pretty hurt,", Olivia mumbled. " Thank you, for the Full Restore..".

She didn't know why she felt like someone kicked her in the stomach before she said the last line.
" Actually, I don't have the money to treat him properly, unfortunately. Uh, I don't want to sound too pushy, don't think I'll borrow and then not give the money back, I'll repay you as soon as I can, if you lend me...", she said as quickly as possile.
" Anyway, what's your name?", sh asked the black-haired boy.

"She doesn't recognize the Champion?"

"I'm Gold."

"Are you sure about paying me back? I have a lot of money... And it wouldn't hurt me at all to give you some..." He rambled, trying to make himself look like less of a fool in the process.

The Ambipom on top of his hat made a sound of concern, and reached out a tail-hand to pat the head of injured Totodile.

Last edited:
Detsu was just arriving back in Johto. "It feels good to be back home right Ty?" The Typhlosion roared in agreement. just off in the distance of his hometown Cherrygrove he noticed two trainers. "They might be fans who saw us arrive Ty! let's go give them the introduction their waiting for!" Detsu ran up to the trainers ready to make his introduction as grand as possible. But then he saw Gold. "Oh... Um hey champion!" he said happily. "I thought you were a fan of mine!" his eyes peered over to the girl he was talking to. "Oh Hello gorgeous!" he said slowly. he spotted the injured Totodile in her arms. he pulled out a potion and gave it to her. "Here you go! Poor thing, what happened?"

Then some kid with a Typhlosion gave her Totodile a potion... A potion! Why would he use a full restore?

"A fan of yours?! Who are you?!"

He didn't recognize him at all. Or, did he? He didn't seem familiar, but lots of people from the New Bark-Cherrygrove area, some of them his friends, had left on journeys, and when you're on one of those, you change a lot.

(occ Hello new to the chat read the rules and stuff)

Yuna arrived to Cherrygrove by flying on her Hydreigon and landed in front of the pokemon center.
" thanks for the lift buddy" she told her three headed dragon and rewarded him with a pokepuff and a pet to the head in which the three heads ended up nuzzling her head in reply.
Yuna had finished fighting in the Unova league a few months back and decided she wanted to compete again in another region and enjoy another challenging region. She had her pokeballs hanging on a belt consisting of her chandelure, Aggron which was her only mega pokemon, Feraligator, Krookidile, and her Malamar. Yuna was a big fan of dark type pokemon which was why half her team was dark and loves her team dearly.
"Okay Crowley return" she told her Hydreigon who returned to his pokeball.
Yuna walked into the the pokemon center to get her pokemon healed and sign up for the Johto league circuit. She walked to Nurse Joy gave her the pokemon she had and her trainer card so she could be registered. Yuna also got a room for the night so she could rest after a long day of travel.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm the performer who's posters have been everywhere!" Detsu grinned "And I think we've met before as well! But anyway I perform as the towns Dj every saturday for the event 'A Walk Through Cherrygrove' and Ty here helps with the special effects!" he patted his Typhlosion on the head before turning his attention to the girl with the Totodile

Yuna finished up her registration for the league and had her pokemon ready to shine in the morning. She went to a table in the pokemon center and went into her bag to get some food ready for her pokemon to eat for their dinner. Once she was ready she went outside and went towards the sandy area of Cherrygrove .Since there was a little more room for them then in the center .
"Alright everyone it's time for dinner" Yuna called out releasing her pokemon and brought out some food and berries for them to eat. Her team began to eat, she sat down and brought out a sandwich to eat along with a soda enjoying some peace with her friends . Once her pokemon finished up eating their dinner they began to relax around her. While she brought out a map to see the route they would take to the first gym.
"Okay you guys tomorrow we will be making our way to the first gym in Violet city so we need to make sure we rest up well tonight. It should take a day and a half if we decided to camp out somewhere" Yuna told her pokemon who nodded in response who looked eager in anticipation to be fighting in a gym soon.

Once Yuna was ready she called back all her pokemon and was ready to head back and get some supplies for the journey.
"Lumos come out" Yuna decided to call out her chandulure to keep her some company while she got the things she needed. The fire/ghost type happily floating beside her while she was heading to the pokemart. Observing other trainers while walking by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuna went inside the pokemart with her chandulure. She went up to the counter and bought her usual supplies of pokeballs, hyper potions, and a few full heals for the road.She thanked the cashier and walked out of the building heading back to the pokemon center with chandulure at her side.

Gold's face reddened a bit.

"Girlfriend?!" He cried, backing up "No! I just saw her walk out of the Pokemart and down this path ten minutes ago! She had a starter, a Cyndaquil! And I felt responsible..."

"Fine fine! I believe you!" he said laughing "Gosh your so red! Look at you!" even his Typhlosion snickered a bit. "Where's the Cyndaquil?" he said looking around. "Or are you so in love you imagined it?" he said holding back more laughter.

"NO! I MENT- THERE WAS A GUY WITH MY CYNDAQUIL! My Cyndaquil? A TYPHLOSION! NO MY TYPHLOSION! HE DIDN'T HAVE A TYPHOLSION... HE HAD A CYNDAQUIL! I-I DON'T EVEN RIGHT NOW!" He stammered, trying to fix up the story.

Yuna ended up walking by them on her way back to the pokemon center when she heard one of the boys outburst and laughed quietly . while her chandulure looked a little confused.

Detsu staryed to laugh even harder as he spotted the mysterious girl. His Typhlosion ran over to her but Detsu paid it no mind. Ty was a gentle giant, still a little Cyndaquil at heart. He thought back to Gold's Cyndaquil problem. "Whoa! Your even more in love than I thought! Stop your stammering and get your story right!"

"S-shut up." He muttered.

"AND BATTLE ME!" He hoisted a great ball in front of him.

"Hoenn Standard! Use all your Pokes till three faint!"

He cleared a circle with a line through it in the grass with his shoe. He jumped backwards in a fighting stance.

Yuna smiled back at the typhlosion when she heard what one of the boys said and looked back with slight embarrassment in shock while her chandulure glared at the boy
" um yeah no I just got here on top of that you would have to go through hydreigon and aggron to gain approval they have a no boys aloud policy." Yuna joked while her Chandulure rolled his eyes keeping a watchful eye on the boys.
"Nice typhlosion though I'll stay and watch who knows maybe I will fight the winner" Yuna smiled.

Detsu exhaled sharply. "Thats just your answer to everything isnt it?“ Detsu threw gis Ultra ball in the air to reveal a Blaziken."But I'll accept your challenge! So who's gonna attack first?"

Detsu sighed heavily. "This water type is gonna be a real bother." Detsu stayed calm, he was always known for keeping a level head during battle. Unless it was against Juno.. "I was trained to be a fire type gym leader so a slight type disadvantage is nothing to us right Blaze?!" His Blaziken chirped with excitement. they loved to push themselves. "Alright Blaze let's start with a simple Fire Blast!" His Blaziken held it in then released it in a large radius

Detsu seemed unconcerned. "Now that Tibo's close enough grab him and Slam hard!" Blaze grinned menacingly as he dug his claws into Tibo. He then Slammed Tibo face first into the ground. HARD.

"Gain some footing Blaze!" Blaziken continued to be thrown around. "Fine use Fire Blast again!" Blaziken let out a fiery inferno evaporating the whirlpool. "Ty! get away from the nice girl! get ready for battle!" Detsu laughed a bit. "Now let's show this star-crossed lover a thing or two! Now use double kick!"