• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

First Gen V Pokémon unveiled!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator

It appears that on today's Pokémon Sunday, the fine folks at Game Freak finally revealed the Key PokeMon of the 13th movie - as they've been saying they would - and it seems to be a whole new one.

It's official, folks, Generation V is go.

All we know for now is that it will heavily feature in the 13th movie, Phantom Ruler Z. Whether or not it is Z itself or something completely different remains to be seen.

Supposedly, the silhouette will be unmasked in two weeks, on the Feb 21st installation of PokeMon Sunday. Here's to hoping it's going to be as awesome as it seems to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm so psyched. Even if this one Pokemon doesn't end up having the best design, it's still the first proper signal of more to come. Can't wait to see what Gen 5 gives us, and very much looking forward to this guy's proper unveiling on the 21st. Again, thanks muchly for the update, Stel ^___^

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
*maniacal laughter*

I don't know why, but that thing looks like a bastard hybrid of Sandslash and Lucario. I also picture it as being red for some reason. :-\

Ah well, this is exciting! I wonder how this will affect the future of Pokemon.

That looks cool. It reminds me of Were-Sonic kind of. I am excited that a Generation V Pokemon is finally somewhat revealed.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I can't help but think the Pokemon will turn into a Sonic-esque critter for some reason, kinda like what Blisk here said. XD

Now I'm soooo hyped up about it and stuffs; gonna save up my money to buy whatever the new game is going to be when it comes out in North America

Psycho say Lucario and Sandslash, but personally I'm seeing that fox-woman Digimon thing from what? the third series and Sonic. Can't say I'm overly impressed at the moment, but that might be my sleep-addled brain.

To me, that Pokemon looks A LOT like Lucario... just with claws and hair. I probably think it because of how skinny both Lucario and this Pokemon are.

But anyways, it's offically a Gen V Pokemon, and I'm excited to see proof now of the next Generation!

I think Tatile, Blisk, Mr. Psycho, and Shiny has said everything in my mind. The first moment I saw the silhouette, I found myself reading the topic over and over again to see if it really was a Pokemon that I was looking at.

I really hope that it's the Gen V fire starter Pokemon, or something awesome we can obtain early in the game. But so far, we can only wait and see.

It looks like a werewolf-thingy. I just really hope that they don't screw up the other PokeMon. Poor Sinnoh, It could have been a lot better. Hopefully, this generation will be better than the last.

I have a feeling that it's a dark type Pokemon... or is that just because the silhouette is black?

Either way, it looks awesome in my mind. A werewolf Pokemon would be sweet... even if it's in need of a decent meal...

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
It looks sweet, and I'm also getting the werewolf, hedgehog feel from it. Personally, I think imagine it being an ice/fighting type that's based off a wolf. No matter what, though, I'm stoked beyond belief.

I see possible webbed feet.. Maybe a water type?
For some reason I see Ninetails in it, though it's on two feet so it can't be an evolution.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
i think its an evolution from mightyena...
A couple of us mentioned that possibility in chat last night, and I still think it's possible. On the other hand it could be completely wrong XD

It does look a bit like Lucario. A very stretched thought I had last night was that maybe it's Dark Lucario, who evolves from a Riolu not my friendship, but by losing it's faith in Aura or something. I'm certain that's not the case, but my mind does weird things at night. I doubt and hope that it's not a Lucario evo, like mentioned last night. Lucario doesn't need an evo.

Anyway, I'm super excited. I can't wait 'till the 21st to see the 'reveal' and I can't wait to see any more they choose to reveal. I really want to see the starters. For now though, the Werewolf-looking critter is

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Mightyena isn't a marketable enough Pokemon for an evolution of it to be not only the first Gen V reveal, but a star in a movie...

It's almost completely guaranteed this will be a completely new Pokemon. The only real question is whether it will be a legendary, or - as with Lucario - just a 'normal' Pokemon treated like a legendary.

Personally, I'm more bothered right now with getting some names for the games than the Pokemon. I hope they're revealed within the next few weeks.

I think it looks awesome, in fact I want one. Unfortunately doesnt anyone else think it will probably be a legendary since it is the star of a movie and the movies are usually based on a legendary.

However I may be wrong, i hope im wrong and i hope to god that it is not a lucario evo because I have never really liked lucario for some reason. I too hope you can get it soon in the game if it isnt a legendary. Man im so excited, I want to see more gen V NOW!!!!

Cool, this looks like a tough pokemon, probably fighting (and something else) type. I wonder what it could be... we'll just have to find out in 2 weeks!

And so Gen V was born...

I'm not exactly excited OR relieved, more glad.

Because, this effectively confirms that announcement page on the pokemon website means Gen V.

This may be the start of a darker Gen than previous...and if not it's still a kick ass pokemon.

'kay so for awhile I was nervous.

Now I'm nothing but excited. I have no idea what that thing could be -- it kind of makes me think Sandslash or Lucario, like it had been mentioned before, but I really, really hope it's something brand new.

Judging from some of the things other people have said and my own opinion of it. I can safely say what kind of pokemon it might be. It definately has either quills or a really bad haircut. So we can say it's either a sonic-like pokemon or something like a werewolf, which is more likely in my opinion. If this is the case, then it could be either a dark type or a normal type. However, I agree with Psycho on picturing this in red, so fire would immediatly spring to mind, this however would contradict with my werewolf statement. Plus Fuman knows how to bring grass into the game, so many ideas...

In my opinion, it's unlikely that it's an evolved of Lucario, but either way, it will end up as the Lucario of Generation V, due it appearing in movie long before the games and thus causing great fan appeal.

In my opinion, the Pokemon looks like a Fighting type due to the claws and the stance.

Other than Pokemon speculations, this makes it definite that a Generation V will appear. I am psyched!

Looks like a cross between Shiftry and Lucario to me. Now I'm kind of curious. Not hyped, but honestly wondering. could they have Pokemon fusions in Gen 5, if not new Pokemon? That would be kind of...weird, though if it were a fusion Pokemon.

It's Lucario! A two legged wolf that stars in a movie? what? its not?
I am very, very dissapointed in it. It looks like a mix of sonic and renimon. It is totally fail.

Oooh, awesomesauce. It looks like a hybrid between Mightyena and Lucario, with some Sonic thrown in. Something tells me it could be part Fighting type, perhaps the stance?

Either way, it looks really awesome. Except for its waist. The poor thing looks like it'll break in half from its own weight. :p

Calling it now. The bit that looks like hair? A beefy arm. And it's holding a really large paintbrush. Thus, this must be an evolution to Smeargle.

Shaymin human Forme D:<
Its gonna be Fight/Grass, will know spin dash and falcon punch, making breloom go wtf.
LOL
'Nyways... TBA kinda sounds right. I don't think that the entire spikey hair thing is an arm, but the end part looks a lot like a paint brush.
Either that or the new Lucario.

guess they haven't run out off ideas which is cool, my best bet would be fighting, maybe dark and a far out fire type with a fire mullet?

In my opinion, it's unlikely that it's an evolved of Lucario, but either way, it will end up as the Lucario of Generation V, due it appearing in movie long before the games and thus causing great fan appeal.

Yeah if that is true then I hope that it is not hyped up like just because fans like it. And it turns into the Pokemon equivalent of kingdom hearts 365/2 meaning total crap

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanking Pocketmonsters.net for pointing me towards this image. It's from the Corocoro website and really pretty nifty:

main.jpg

Thanking Pocketmonsters.net for pointing me towards this image. It's from the Corocoro website and really pretty nifty:

main.jpg

this is clearly just my speculation, it could very, very well be otherwise, but the news games are at the top of the cycle, leading me to belive that these very well could be the last games, they arent even waiting for them to be on the DS2 they will be on the ds, also they could add 107 pokemon ending it all at 600, i hope this is not the case but it seems likely to me. what, with coming up with ideas like that?