• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Psychic Type Pokemon

Ah, Psychic, my favourite type. They're just so wise and magical.:love: After looking at my favourites for a while, I want to know what your favourite Psychic type pokemon are! Either you like them from the games or anime, as long as it's psychic. Mine:

Xatu: Ok, so people say it's weak, frail, and so on. Whatever you say won't change that it's my favourite pokemon. It's got everything to me, Main pokemon of favourite elite four, debuted in favourite region, favourite type, is a bird, Xatu's basically the embodiment of my pokemon experience! Even through how many teams I use without it, Xatu will always be my favourite Psychic pokemon.

Slowbro: This here, is a great defensive and special attacker. It's derpy look is doubled with great stats, though a bad speed. It can learn moves like Psychic, Yawn, and Slack Off, which adds to the power. He's my main pokemon on my Soulsilver playthrough currently, and I have no regrets picking him.

Musharna: I used it in my first playthrough of Pokemon Black. I like it's looks, a step up from Munna. It's pretty powerful. Although it wasn't there to beat the elite four the first time, it's still a pick for me.

Metagross: Nothing much to say, this pokemon looks and is badass. I'm glad it got a mega.

Delphox: First up, being a fox wizard/witch is already awesome as it is. Second, it broke the Fire/Fighting starter line. It's already my favourite starter! I love wizards and witches!

Ralts: I like Gardevoir. It's great to have on a team. And now it's Psychic/Fairy! I just like Ralts a bit better in design because, personally, I just love the pokemon that has their eyes covered.

Girafarig: Well, due to it's Normal/Psychic, it's immune to Ghost. I don't know, I just love it's design.

Jynx: She has my two favourite types in one. Not much else to say, and yes, I actually like Jynx's design.

Well, there's mine. Now what are your favourite Psychics?

I don't care much for Psychic types, but I liked using Starmie and Slowbro in the first couple gens, especially for Pokemon Stadium. They packed a punch and could take a fair number of hits. Covered many different types too. I ran Starmie mainly as a sweeper (3 attacks + Recover) and Slowbro as something mixed (Surf, Psychic, Thunder Wave, Headbutt).

EDIT: I just picked up a Staryu for my no-starter run in LeafGreen. I will say the design is starting to grow on me a bit.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
The Ralts line are hands down my favorite psychic types. I originally didn't like Gallade as much as the others because I felt he was unnecessary to add, but his design has grown on me a lot and I find myself using him a lot competitively as well. Gardevoir is also amazing, and its mega evolution is awesome as well. Ralts is just cute, and Kirlia is actually really pretty for the usually awkward second stage of a line.

Others worth mentioning are Espeon, Reuniclus, Sigilyph, Slowbro, Starmie, and Jirachi, if not for competitive reasons then just because I like their design. ^^;

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Hmmmm, Psychic Types have never really been 'my thing' it seems. I'd have to say it's Delphox, because it really does combine two of my favourite things: Foxes and the Wizard/Mage type class in games. Metagross I like very much, especially the Competitive-ready one I bred named 'Cube' ♥

Natu wins on cuteness and Espeon is hard not to like, but a couple of my least favourite lines are Psychic Types. I tend to dislike any Pokemon that is remotely humanlike in appearance and many of those seem to belong in this Typing xD

voidaquariums

Formerly Luxray901
Well, this is a hard one... I wanna say Noctowl but it's a Normal/Flying Everyone Wishes Noctowl was Psychic
Mewtwo (not so hot on the Y form though...)
Gallade (come ON GAMEFREAK just give the poor thing a mega)

I really like Solosis. Not only does it evolve into the powerful Reuniclus, it's also pretty cute! Just look at those little black eyes!

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
SSS--- My favourite is Celebi and Starmie.
They're both my babies and I could never decide on just one of them. XD ♥

Starmie is a freakin' force o' nature.
I think it's radically AWESOME that it's not only able to use
water/ice and psychic attacks but ELECTRIC ones as well.
So, hands down! Starmie is definitely one of them!

...And I just really, really, really adore the onion fairy of the forest~ Squee! ♥

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I can't decide between gardevoir or gallade. I both use them a lot (especially in double battles )and there so awesome.
I love both of their designs, and they match, not just as normal Pokemon but shiny too!
Gallade deserves a mega.

I have only 16 fave they're Mew, Mewtwo/Mega Mewtwo X and Y, Celebi, Lugia, Jirachi, Deoxys and all it's forms, Latios/Mega Latios, Latias/Mega Latias, Arceus when holding Mind Plate if it's counted, Cresselia, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Victini, Meloetta Aria Form, Hoopa. ♥ ♥

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
God damnit, another Favorite X-Type thread rears its ugly head. Sigh. Lessee. In no particular order.

Metagross

I don't think there's a single aspect of Metagross I don't love. Its type combination (badly fucked over by Gen 6 as it was), its design, the moves it learns, the sheer power of the thing and the images it inspires in my mind have secured its place as one of my favorites of both the Psychic AND the Steel type - as well as my favorite pseudo-legendary.

Girafarig

No way around it - the thing is adorable - and used right it can be a one-mon army. 'nuff said

Sigilyph

What ARE Avianoids? We just don't know. Sigilyph is so damn weird - it's certainly one of the more alien-looking Pokémon - that it flew straight into my heart and perched there in its weird Nazca Line Lantern sort of way. The fact the thing is fairly deadly in battle helps as well.

Reuniclus

This may strike many of you as a surprise - after all, Stels are not known for liking 'stereotypically-cute' blobby things. But what can I say? My inner biologist squees at the thing and I can't help but appreciate a psionic macro-scale 'cell', particularly when the thing gets Magic Guard. The fact it also refers the concept of a homunculus as a psychic-type is kind of brilliant as well. It's not a species I use often, but I'm certainly fond of it.

Starmie

Because let's face it. Gem-cored shuriken starfish aliens are pretty snazzy.

Honorable mentions include Delphox, Gardevoir/Gallade and a few legendaries including Mew, Lugia, Latios/Latias, Deoxys and Victini. Mostly Deoxys, though.

In no particular order:
Spoik
325.png
- It just looks so dumb and adorable.
Chingling
433.png
- I just have a thing for small, round Pokémon with beady eyes.
Gardevoir
282.png
- Elegant and majestic.
Lugia
249.png
- Simply badass and it's on my old GBC case.

Delphox is the main one, I know it's part fire too.
Meowstic, my long love of cats,
Mew, also for being a psychic cat
Mewtwo, also partially looks like a cat
Gardevoir, recently becoming favorite of mine, part fairy too using one in a fairy team

I am incredibly late to this post but it's too tempting not to answer ^^

Gardevoir

Definitely my favorite Psychic type. The grace, along with power, is a perfect combination. Gardevoir is capable of so many things - it's beauty alone is captivating, so the power of the pokemon is just a great bonus.

--

Metagross

It is truly a challenge for me to think of things I don't like about the pokemon. Now, I usually do not like incredibly large pokemon (with the exception of Mamoswine of who I am obsessed with ), and I usually despise Shiny's, but even Shiny Metagross keeps my high peek of interest. Strength wise, Metagross is a incredibly strong power-house, hands down. Along with its type combination, since I seem to be developing a slight obsession for steel types as well. It's moveset is even incredibly impressive, great for contests. All around Metagross is a pokemon I strive to get in any game that I play.

For some reason, I really like Duosion. Reuniclus is neat, Solosis is alright, but Duosion blows both of them out of the water. It's just so adorable imagining its two halves trying to do different things.

Psychic is my favorite type.
My favorite Psychic Pokémon are:
- Xatu, I like birds and his design is awesome;
- Gallade, cool, I like his colors;
- Medicham and MMedicham, cool design;
- Gardevoir, beautiful, but I don't like MGardevoir.

No particular order
Mewtwo- Definitely one of my favorite Psychic types and legendary Pokemon.
Reuniclus- Really useful in battle and it's a fetus......CUTE :love:
Wobbuffet- I find this thing underrated. Unique way of battling and Jessie's in the anime is SO funny.
Beheeyem- Another one I find useful and has a pretty good movepool.
Lugia- It's awesome, what else is there to say?
Grumpig- I don't know why, but I always loved this thing.
Latios- Probably my favorite legendary.

Last edited:
TBH I’m not a huge fan of Psychic types, but I guess these ones are my faves:

Gardevoir
282.png

Gardevoir was actually my first ever favourite Pokemon. I had one in Emerald that was an absolute powerhouse. I flew through the game with her, along with my Blaziken and Machoke. I’ve always loved the look of Gardevoir as well, she just looks so beautiful and elegant. It’s a shame her Mega looks like complete shit, with that stupid poofy dress :/ The only exception is the shiny version.

Mew
151.png

IDK, it’s just so cute, and I find it’s design appealing for some reason, even if just looks like a floating pink cat. I also thought it was adorable in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew ^^

Xatu
178.png

I love this guy! He’s just so cool, and he has this slighty ‘creepy’ vibe to him. I also like his design. You know, those soulless eyes and all.

Metagross
376.png

This guy is awesome – The End. *Giant explosion that ends the world as we know it*