• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite Water Type Pokemon!

the ones who got very close were golduck and feralagatr
feralagatr: my first pokemon evolved
golduck: awesome concept and is great

but none of them can match to the mighty swampert

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
My favorite water type Pokemon is either between Swampert, Milotic or Samurott.
Milotic was a hassle to get, winning all of those beauty competitions and shoving Poke-blocks down a feebas's throat which was impossible to find, Samurott and Swampert are beast Pokemon themselves. I hope that Samurott gets a Mega Evolution soon.

Swampert- Mostly because of the typing and it's the first Pokémon I got to level 100.
Dewott- Really the only good Pokémon of the Oshawott line for me.
Empoleon- Great design and typing.
Jellicent- Very interesting Pokémon and I love it. I honestly don't think it gets much love.
Kabutops&Omastar- Idk which one I like better really. I like them both for different reasons.
Floatzel- My main water type in Sinnoh (if I'm not using Empoleon).

Last edited:
Wow. I can only pick one water type? Hmm. Then honestly I have to go with Gyarados. If I could pick a non-starter starter I would pick Magikarp and take the time to train it with care. I have the headcanon that if you treat Magikarp with affection and respect, it will be that Pokemon that strives to live up to it's full potential but ends up insanely protective of you.

Throw in abilities like Intimidate and moves that vary beyond just water and ice and you have one formidable water type that looks epic without the fancy mega evolution.

I'm not a huge Water-type lover, never have and never will, although there are a few water types that have caught my eye over the years. Lets take a look shall we…..

Empoleon
Without a doubt my favourite Water type Pokemon. I love everything about this Pokemon; it's name, it's design, it's typing, even how it battles. Simply amazing ♥

Sharpedo
To be honest I never really liked Sharpedo during my first years of playing Pokemon. I thought it looked weird, and just didn't pay any attention to it. As the years went by, the half-shark slowly started to grow on me, I found it's design more and more appealing.
Then Mega Sharpedo came along, one of my top 5 favourite Mega Pokemon. I really dig the Sawfish-inspired design, and while other people may not agree with me, I love the overload of markings on it XD

Wailord
Another Water-type native to the Hoenn region. This whale is a mash up of cute and badass, not to mention it's the largest Pokemon thus far. I love it's balloon-like design and the derptastic expression on it's face. I giant Wailord plush I got for Christmas last year made me love it even more as well.

Samurott
I love the Oshawott line, it's only slightly beaten by the Piplup line as far as Water-type starters go. While I do love Oshawott and Dewott, Samurott is by far my favourite stage. Badass Samurai Seal, what's not to love???

Kyogre
Yet another Water-type from Hoenn. I've always liked this mystic whale, and the fact that it can control rain and whatnot is awesome. I'm also very fond of it's design, much more than those of Groudon and Rayquaza (Rayquaza is still a beast though). I also like Kyogre because it is the major Legend in Sapphire, which happened to be my first ever Pokemon Game. So yeah.

Skrelp
I really like Skrelp and it's evolution, Dragalge (who isn't actually a water type). In fact they're in my Kalos top 10, just behind Pyroar, Spritzee, Chesnaught, Hawlucha and Avalugg. To be honest, I've always wanted a Pokemon based on a Weedy Sea Dragon since I always thought they were we really unusual and cool, so when Skrelp was revealed I was certainly impressed. I love the shiny variation as well.

Other Water types I like: Palkia, Kabutops, Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra, Lumineon, Vaporeon, Carracosta.

I love Sharpedo, because it's a Dark type, because it's a shark, because it even has a mega-evolution, and just because it looks awesome.
But I also like Floatzel (because it's cute and a part of my first team), Carracosta (part of my White team, he saved my life and is really reliable), Greninja (because Smash Bros, Dark type, and it's cool), Feraligatr (it's really cool, love crocodiles), and Kabuto (because it's creepy and cute).