• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Fanmade Pokemon, YEAH!

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Hi guys. I liek Fakemon. I was wondering if any of you do, too! So, we're talking about Fakemon! Ones you've made, games you've played, etc.

Personally, I don't have many, but I am creating a full fake region of Fakemon! I don't have any uploaded yet. but I shall post once i finally make that website on it I've been meaning to make. So, your turn!!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Mein gott, I fucking despise the term 'Fakemon'. I find it demeaning as hell - a 'fake' always has the negative connotations of a counterfeit, a sham, something designed to decieve others - a thing that has lesser value than the original.

The term 'Fan-made Pokemon' is MUCH preferable and doesn't carry the same negative connotations. And so, I've changed the thread's name appropriately.

More on topic, I'm neutral on the subject of fanmades. As with any other fan characters, some are great and original and others are uninspired shite. I, too, have a fan region which has been in the works since Gen 2 was new and changed a lot over the years. It is still heavily in the works, but a lot of what i've already done for it can be found in wiki forme over here.

im planning on making a 3rd gen. style pokemon game that would add a few new pokemon but keep the old ones. ive mainly thought of pre-evolutions to the ones im making along with completing the eeveelutions by adding the types for its evolved forms that havnt been added yet

I have a suite of fanmons as well, although it's very easy to get discouraged when you see the ridiculously creative fan-pokemon being produced on deviantart and such-- mine are mainly bright/loud-colored Charismatic Mammals while other people are putting out amazing stuff based on invertebrates, metaphor, literary references, inanimate objects, etc.

Also only few of them are illustrated, and not well, since I am a very unpracticed artist, but you can check my gallery and scraps on dA.

I too have been delving in the world of fanmons for quite a while now. Even started a short story set in the region to help me flesh out characters and landscape features. Creating fanmons and regions is one of my favorite pass times. I lately have been giving a hand to PokeAus, a /vp/ based group working on a fan made region that is of course based in Australia.

I have a few of my old fan region ideas on my dA if anyone is curious.

I love helping people out with this kind of stuff so if any of you fanmon makers need a hald fleshing things out let me know :D I myself am looking for artistic assistance to set up a pretty dex but that is a long lost hope I fear.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
The website is up! Check it out here: reiaregion.wordpress.com

@Jeydis, I can help you a little, I guess. I make pretty decent game-style sprites, which can be found on le website soon! Send me a PM with the linky to the image of the Pokemon you want me to sprite, if you need!

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
I see a bright (?) future for this thread!

I'm also a fanmade Pokémon enthusiast,and I've imagined some of my own,but I can barely sprite trainers! I love Sprizzle from Ruby Destiny: LoG,he helped me FINISH IT!

I've kind of been getting into the idea of fanmon, especially since I've been seeing the Havai project on Deviantart, though I've only made 4 pokémon that I actually like (3 in the same evolutionary line, & one that's my own take on pokémon fusion). Though, as Stellar Wind pointed out, while there are some gems in this venue, there are a lot of fan-mades that range from lackluster to just terrible, so seeing really great fan-made pokémon is kind of hard to find

I’ve been making fan-Pokemon for years now. I’ve completed 4 regions (though they are kinda shitty) and currently planning a 5th one. I have 3 separate folders lying around that contain all the drawings of the Pokemon in the first four regions. Anyways better not talk about them since their mostly rubbish.
When I joined the shit-tastic website known as deviantArt I decided to create some more fan-Pokemon, but I noticed that they started to, idk, become worse than what they were before. I think I was just trying too hard. Despite this there were still a few gems in amongst all the crap. These two are the best of my deviantArt-era fanmons.
zJkjxR3.png

kbEvwI3.png

Since then I haven’t really been creating fan-Pokemon (except for Megas if they count), but I’m planning on starting a new region (as I mentioned above) sometime in the next year or so. The region will be called Arotei and will be based on Australia. The two ‘mascot’ legends are Nocteare and Lumeintus, Nocteare is the ruler of the night and Lumeintus is the ruler of the day. I’ve got a whole tone of info on the region, but I don’t really want to bore anyone.
So yeah that’s it really.