• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Families

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Basically, who do you consider a part of your family? And what's your family like?

I lived with my biological parents for almost 20 years now. My maternal grandpa passed away last February due to cancer and surgery complications, though up until then he had also lived with us for a good 12 years or so. His wife, my grandma, is still alive and still lives with my parents. I also have a brother 9 years older than me, though I only see him about once every 10 years or so. I would go on and on about my aunts and uncles and extended family, but I don't know them that well. Just know that I have a lot of them XD (I'm also the youngest in my generation stretching back like... 5 branches or something. My parents are the youngest, my grandparents are also the youngest, etc. etc...)

I'm not sure if I can really consider them my "family", though, despite having raised me and whatnot. A lot of the regulars know how unstable my parents are and I currently don't live with them. The only person I'd consider a part of my family would be my biological brother, despite not having seen him in years.

Otherwise, I truly do consider certain members of 'Charms my family. Some of us are involved in a "family tree" (which is more of a web now) but honestly, they're the people I trust most. I don't want to list names for fear of excluding people on accident, but you know exactly who you are. I love you guys a lot ♥

So yeah! That's about it for me 8D

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
hmmm... well I consider everyone in my extended family as "family" well I'm not really close to most of them and I don't really get along with my parents too... *I wanna move out too..:( * I just think that *family* is the right term for them no matter how pissed I am at them or how much of a stranger they seem to be.. it somehow feels like an obligation or something to call them family... as for friends, I think they are something different.. I consider them closer than anyone... cause well they know more about me than anyone :p and I spend most of my "free time" with them. though its mostly online interaction now thanks to work and schedules... :( anyway... that's how I see these social stuff.. :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My little family consists of my parents, my younger brother and our dog. However, my extended family (so aunties and uncles and all their children and whatnot) is massive and honestly I don't have the memory or willpower to remember them all, especially considering I haven't seen some for years, if ever at all xD I adore my family and we all get along really well. I moved out at the start of this year and I miss my parents and brother very much, but thankfully I only moved down the road so I visit them all the time :)

When I have Gerbils they are my family, but sadly I don't have any right now (which kills me inside) but where I live doesn't allow pets ;________;

My family consist my parents, My older brother, and sister and her four children with her oldest being a junior in high school and her youngest being a first grader. My extended family is massive. My father is one of four and my mother is one of ten so, I have a lot of uncles aunts and cousins and most of them I don't even know about.

My family is pretty small, so I can cover the past 3 generations pretty easily. To me, family are simply people I'm biologically related to. Those that I like in my family are because they're also my friends - they're defined by more than just having similar genes to me. I get along with my parents quite well now that I've left home, same with my sister. Two of my uncles are riots, my aunt and I are really similar and hopefully we can go road tripping together soon, and my mum's parents are really lovely people. However, my dad's father, stepmother, eldest brother and his wife and kids are basically only labelled family due to having a similar genetic makeup. Probably because my stepgrandmother is the most passive aggressive person I've ever met in my life (and that's putting it very very lightly), and both her and my grandfather have next to no empathy at all. The others are mainly because I don't think we've exchanged more than a couple of lines of dialogue in my entire life, despite seeing each other reasonably regularly. Being in their house is weird, its like they can't see you or won't acknowledge you exist. So yeah, I guess I feel that I'm under no obligation to like people the people who are in my family - you have to do something more than just be related to me for me to enjoy your company.

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
Well, my family alone is pretty big. First my 22-year old brother, plus my divorced mom and dad, then my step-mom and step-dad, plus two step brothers. My extended family is HUGE, as I am learning of new cousins every year, I have many aunts and uncles, and I'm not sure if some people in my family are any more than just friends of my family members. I have fun with my dad's step brothers, which probably started at one of their weddings, and only some of my cousins I know very well. My brother is a pokemon fan too, and is thinking about joining Charms. We often annoy each other to the breaking point, but in the end we get along.

My close family consists of my parents and my two little brothers (2 years and 4 years younger than me, so 19 and 17 years old right now), and of course my boyfriend who's amazing. For the extended family: all my grandparents have passed away; on my mother's side there is only my uncle (who's always been single); but on my father's side there are LOTS of uncles, aunts, cousins, etc, but I'm closer to those who came to France or the UK (the others are in Portugual), i.e. my two aunts and 4 cousins.