• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Dungeons And Dragons!

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
I think there was a thread like this but it's like five pages old.

Anyway, D&D! Do you play it? How do you play it? Is it fun?
For me, I'm pretty much a n00b, but it still works. I currently belong to a family adventuring party of a human fighter, an elven wizard, and a halfling rogue(me). We're about to fight like bugbears or something and I'm scared (we're low level). Advice?

There's actually a thread in the Small Chat board where we talk about D&D stuff. Though it's mostly related to the specific Roll20 campaign Dwayna is running right now. That and the similar one we ran last year are my experiences with D&D as of now, and it's all been a heck load of fun, especially now that I'm finally getting past the learning curve.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Aaand my brother usurped DM position and started a new campaign. Now we have a dwarf cleric and two human fighters. Almost died like twice. :l

Heh, bet you're not as fragile as me. I rolled pretty badly meaning that on my first level I only had 9 HP and 12 AC (with armor!). For comparison, most of the other characters were around level 3 at that point, with 20-30 HP and 15-20 AC. This is my first game too, so I nearly died a few times simply due to being unfamiliar with some game mechanics. Luckily I survived, and being a Moon Druid I now can turn into giant spiders and bears, and have access to Flame Sword and Barkskin to wreck house. Druids are fun.

We had a bit of a filler episode last time we played because only three of us including the DM could make it, and we found a baby girl in a Green Hag's hut in the middle of this forest. We managed to kill the Hag and escape with the child, and went back to town to find her parents or someone to look after her. Amusingly enough, the father of one of our party members adopted the child. She doesn't know she has a sister yet.

D&D is super fun! My friend started a campaign a while back and I reluctantly joined - turned out it's super duper fun. My character is a half-elf druid named Harlequin whose main weapon is a spear, quite silly but I love it.

I used to play DND. Some groups were a little tedious and others were a blast to play in. Depending on who you’re playing with and who’s your Dungeon Master, you can have a lot of fun, freedom and creativity in your characters. Some of my favorite characters were ones I geared to be cross-class and prestige class.

I don’t play DND anymore, mainly because I don’t have time to do it. But as a writer, it helped me come up with some cool characters, back story and scenarios for fiction writing.