• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Donation News and Updates

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Hi guys.

Thanks to some very generous donations over the past couple of weeks, this month's payment is clear. A very sincere thank you to everyone who donated - especially those two among you who donated the lion's share.

With our traffic taking a knock from our downtime, and the ads not fully recovering their usual income yet, though - it's still an ongoing concern for the time being.

As such, I'd like to hold out my hand and ask you for your continued generosity. Given the typical volume of donations, a minimum of around £30 is fairly necessary to have any hope of achieving the required goal per month. So if you are just donating as a one off thing, or can't be tied into regular payments, please use the button at the top of every page and donate at least around £30 if you can.

If, however, you'd like to be able to do so regularly and automatically and help sustain the site in the long term, you can subscribe to donate monthly amounts of £30. (Accessible by going to your profile on the forums, selecting the 'actions' category and going down to 'paid subscriptions').

Any help you can give is extremely appreciated and necessary at the moment to sustain the site while we get back on our feet. Again, just to remind you, those who donate will have their details kept safe (e-mail address and username if you give it) and, very soon, will be receiving a special rank on the forums for their troubles. When this rank goes live, people who are subscribers will not get any ads on their pages - but there are other benefits. Including a beta invite to an upcoming major feature.

And, even if you can't donate, you can still help. Remind your friends the site exists, invite them to come and post on the forums with you. Over the next couple of weeks, we'll be effectively 're-launching' the site and will have a lot of great new stuff for you. So, between all of us, we can keep Pokecharms going and continuing to be great.

Thanks.

ILU - as such, I'll be doing my bit to help keep Charms alive (though I don't particularly care about ads one way or another).

The relaunch sounds to be interesting, maybe I'll pimp Charms to some people? not sure how many would be interested.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Cool :)

No ads for donating sounds like a nice incentive to me. I didn't even know such a feature could be implemented that easily. Sounds nifty.

I would donate, but sadly my parents will not allow it and I live in America so I don't know much about Euros.

I will still advertise bit; do you have a button?*Forgot name of button with link that you put in your proboard to advertise with*

Are these the kind of ads where you get paid when people click on them, or the kind where you get paid when people see them? Because I wouldn't mind clicking on an ad now and then, and I could steer a few friends over here if there not the click kind. I can't really scrape together that much money right now. :p