• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Diancie Officially Revealed Outside Of Japan!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
diancie_08.jpg
A couple of days ago this months edition of Japanese magazine CoroCoro leaked, bringing with it the reveal of a brand new Pokémon known as Diancie. Today the official website for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y has officially revealed the Pokémon outside of Japan and given us a very nice trailer showing the Pokémon off, which you can see below.
The Pokémon is still known as Diancie outside of Japan, and as previously reported is a Rock and Fairy Type. It's known as the Jewel Pokémon and the official site also mentions that Diancie is a rare Pokémon whom is loosely related to Carbink. The full write-up is as follows:

Pokémon said:
"Diancie is an extremely rare Pokémon, created when Carbink undergoes a strange mutation. Its glittering pink body is said to be the most beautiful sight in the world.

Diancie can create diamonds out of thin air by compressing the carbon in the atmosphere with its hands. It uses these jewels in battle to attack enemies and protect itself"

No details have been given on how to obtain Diancie currently. Diancie brings the current number of officially revealed Pokémon up to an impressive 719.

So it IS related to Carbink after all. In that case, it's probably obtained via a special item a la Gracidea, but instead of a forme shift it just completely transforms Carbink into a totally different Pokemon.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I dunno about that; it could be a random lore comment. Think Dugtrio/Magneton, not the Kyurem formes. Their 'Dex entries say one thing, gameplay says another completely :p

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Diancie can create diamonds out of thin air by compressing the carbon in the atmosphere with its hands.
Roffling at Pokemon Science here.

You know, it would almost be possible to create diamonds out of thin air. Almost. Except for the fact that air is only 0.035% carbon dioxide. The amount of methane is even less, although it's a more potent greenhouse gas.

Still, it would be a solution to global warming. Just get a load of Diancies, and have them remove excess carbon dioxide from the atmosphere with their hands. And they would produce diamonds which could be sold ethically, knowing there's no way they could be Conflict Diamonds.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
It's a pokemon game... what did you expect?
Oh, we know only too well about Pokémon making things up to suit it's own fiction. It's always worth pointing it out, though, especially when the real facts are actually quite interesting.

If there is an in-game event for this Pokemon, maybe it is related to the Lumiose Press Editor-in-Chief. The memo on her desk indicates that she has gone to find a Mythical Pokemon "deep in the mountains," which sounds like a location that a Pokemon such as Diancie would be hidden in.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
A few theories on how to get this:
1: Intriguing Stone. (I mean, it has to have SOME kind of purpose! :?
2:That pink rock thingy that I can"t remember the name of. >=O
3: In-game event.

P.S. Yes, I KNOW my name is tacky. :p

EDIT: The "pink rock thingy" is called a Prism Scale. (This is cool because prism could = mirror and Carbink = Reflection Cave.

Last edited:
I think this pokemon could be Celebi's Rock type equvilant (other then the fact that Celebi is psychic and Diancie is fairy). I think it will be interesting if Diancie has a unique ability or knows an exclusive move.

I know a realistic theory to evolve Corbink!! You need to get Corbink to level 70 while holding a Fairy Gem!!!

Last edited:
Okay, Diancie seems pretty badass. To bring in an Avatar: The Last Airbender comparison, this is like a super earthbender or something. :p

On a less silly note, I love your suggestion, Baratron. It certainly does have that kind of connotation of solving global warming--if only we could snag them from the game into reality. :p

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Does anyone know when it will be coming to be obtainable in the U.S? All I read was that it was coming soon.
Nope, nothing's been announced for any region yet. I believe (or rather, @Demelza believes and I agree :p) that the event will show up around the time of the next movie, so July-August time.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
I think this pokemon could be Celebi's Rock type equvilant (other then the fact that Celebi is psychic and Diancie is fairy). I think it will be interesting if Diancie has a unique ability or knows an exclusive move.

I know a realistic theory to evolve Corbink!! You need to get Corbink to level 70 while holding a Fairy Gem!!!
Diancie is a Mythical Pokémon, not an evolution of Carbink. It is a bit misleading since they refer to it as a mutation. :/