• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Current and Dream Teams

I have my Japanese team already:
Gallade: I like him!
Gardevoir: I've always liked this line, and goes well with Gallade.
Chatot: Lol I accidently in-game traded my Buizel for it, but I grew to like it.
Dialga: Pure awesome. And very powerful in-game.
Flareon: How could I resist after I got my Eevee?
Umbreon: I hatched this guy, then trained him a lot, then I waited 'till night to get him.

As for your Budew... I take it you don't have the happiness checker yet for the Poketch? According to Serebii, two full hearts on it means your Pokemon is at maximum happiness and should evolve under the right circumstances (ie. at daytime for your Budew). If you've let it faint a few times its happiness will have decreased, but if you walk around with it a lot, let it sit in the first position spot, win battles and level up, use items on it, give it the soothe bell to hold, etc. you should be alright.
And while on the topic of hapiness levels, my Umbreon came at only 2 little hearts. Hope that helps, but maybe Budew needs more hearts, I dunno because I evolved mine too fast (before I got the hapiness checker).

Well, im planning to go with

Charizard
Blastoise
Venusaur
Dragonite
Dusknoir
Gardevoir

There arent to many new ones that i like, although, ingame, before i can get them, ill probobly go with

Infernape
garchomp
Bronzong
Spiritomb
snorlax
Magnazone

Well heres my team after ive gotten the national dex on diamond, transferred pokemon, evolved a couple, taught moves etc.

Charizard
Type: Fire/Flying Ability: Blaze- Ups fire moves in a pinch.
Nature: Brave Item Held: Charcoal
Moves:
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Brick Break
- Fly
O/T: Fire Red

Empoleon
Type: Water/Steel Ability: Torrent- Ups water moves in a pinch.
Nature: Item Held: Quick Claw
Moves:
- Surf
- Flash Cannon
- Drill Peck
- Ice Beam
O/T: Diamond

Espeon
Type: Psychic Ability: Synchronize- Passes on status problems.
Nature: Sassy Item Held: TwistedSpoon
Moves:
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot
- Morning Sun
O/T: Colosseum

Lucario
Type: Fighting/Steel Ability: Inner Focus- Prevents flinching.
Nature: Item Held: BlackBelt
Moves:
- Aura Sphere
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Pulse
- Me First
O/T: Diamond

Gliscor
Type: Ground/Flying Ability: Hyper Cutter- Prevents attack reduction.
Nature: Brave Item Held: BlackGlasses
Moves:
- Earthquake
- Night Slash
- Steel Wing
- Toxic
O/T: Emerald

Zaprong (Electivire)
Type: Electric Ability: Motor Drive- When Electivire is hit with ELECTRIC attacks, it's speed increases.
Nature: Quirky Item Held: Leftovers
Moves:
- Brick Break
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
O/T: Hordel (Traded with NPC on "Poke'mon XD: Gale of Darkness")

Put alooooooot of thought into it!!

Luxray:
Item: None
Moveset:
Discharge
Shock Wave
Thunder Wave
Charge

Lucario:
Moveset:
Focus Punch
Endure
Aura Bomb
Swords Dance

Chatot:
Moveset:
Featherdance
Hyper Voice
Blabber
Fly

Cherrim:
Moveset:
Petal Dance
Solarbeam
Magical Leaf
Sunny Day

Gastrodon:
Moveset:
Surf
Waterfall
Water Pulse
Muddy Water

Infernape:
Moveset:
Flare Blitz
Flame Wheel
Close Combat
Taunt

Once again, my team should be obvious xP

RegiSteel
RegiRock
Regice
Regigigas

How unfortunate though that in order to obtain this team ill have to beat the game first Dx
Untill then I guess I'll just use whatever poke'mon that I catch as my teamxP

L

Lukasfan

this is my team
Infernape

staraptor

rhyperior

Lucario

empoleon

darkrai

is it good rate it 1-5 and im getting both[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

It's in my sig but I'll list.
Empoleon
Palkia
Heatran
Rhyperior
Electivire
Lucario

EDIT: Regilover, I will not interfere with your love for Regi's, and you won't with my love for Mew, but, I'm gonna have to break it to you, the 4 Regis ar not very good statistically, and I beleive, atleast if you're on Wi-Fi maybe your team should be different. Make your team what you please, it's just that, Regigas is TERRIBLE! And as of the other 3. They're alright I guess, I prefer Registeel. I just want you to win as a fellow...how you say?....Pokecharmer? Because I personally don't think you'll excel or win with that team. Prove me wrong please. But, notice Mew is my favorite pokemon ever but e isn't in my team because that would critically hurt my team. If I wanted a Psychic on my team I'd use either Mewtwo, Gardevoir, or Deoxys (Attack) Maybe I do that to win, I'm very competitve. So please just don't change your team cuz I tell you to. I won't tell you what to do. I just think there are waaaaay better teams out there. No offense but I think I could beat yur team with my Lvl 100 Deoxys (Attack)

P

Pokestar

Since the old thread is dead and the english ones are out, what pokemon are on your team??
Where my nicknames are the same as real names, I don't like how the Pokemon names are all capitals!

Diamond Pearl Pearl (restart)
1 Infernape ~Riku~ 1 Torterra~Tera~ 1 Empoleon ~Prince/Princess~
2 Floatzel ~Floatzel~ 2 Rapidash~Dash~ 2 Rapidash ~Rapidash~
3 Roserade(female) ~Zelda~ 3 Manaphy ~Manaphy~ 3 Roserade ~Link~
4 Staraptor ~Jet~ 4 Drifblim ~Drifter~ 4Noctowl~Noctowl~
5 Luxray ~Thorikat~ 5 Alakazam~Alakazam~ 5 Steelix ~Steelix~
6 Rampardos/Lucario ~Hardhead/Lucario~ 6 Lopunny~Loppy~ 6 Mismagius ~Mismagius~

***#6 Diamond can't decide, have Rampardos caught up with rest but have Riolu level 1! Like Lucario a lot more! Promised myself not to cheat (Action Replay) until I had beaten them both at least once. Can't decide wether I should cheat to get Riolu up to level 40 or just keep Rampardos. CAN"T DECIDE! Any suggestions?

I have a Lucario...as you guys may have saw in a previous thread. I also have a rampardos. (Traded) And my Riolu evolved at level 12. And my Lucario leveld up faaaast. I don't see why you should cheat for Lucario. He doesn't level up as fast as Jirachi and Mew but he levels up fast. As well as Palkia and Empoleon. But my point is. IMO Lucario is better, has a better move pool and levels up faster so is a more logical choice. Keep in concideration the fact that as I was posting this I didn't take Types into consideration.

For my team, I decided to go with the legendaries.

Regigigas
Heatran
Giratina
Shaymin
Darkrai
Arceus

I understand it's mostly unfair so I put in Regigigas to slow down my overall team.

[move]I,ve Decided to go with this team ::)[/move]

Torterra / attacks:
Leaf storm, Earthquake, Wood hammer and Energy ball

Charizard / attacks:
Fly, Heat wave, Fire blitz and Slash

Sharpedo / attacks:
Surf, Night slash, Crunch and Earthquake

Electrode / attacks:
Explosion, Thunder, Gyro ball and Facade

Drifblim / attacks:
Shadow ball, Thunder, Ominous wind and Explosion

and

Dialga / attacks:
Roar of time, Aura sphere, Flash cannon and Giga Impact

P.S Please rate it!!!

P

Pikachu_Master

My Diamond Team

Pikachu Lv. 58 (Shiny)
Tyranitar Lv. 58
Empoleon Lv. 58
Roserade Lv. 58
Staraptor Lv. 58
Infernape Lv. 58

All Pokemon Males

I'm training at for the 7th gym at the moment so my team is still growing.

Torterra
Staraptor
Floatzel
Pachirisu
Skorupi (HM Slave)
Riolu (training it for obvious reasons...)

My pearl team is
Deyoxs (attack)
Giratina
Arcerus (shiny)
Charizard(shiny)
Yanmega
Darkai
all Lv 100

1495266a3302b9cd76cb40e729055018.png

Last edited by a moderator:
my current pearl team

empoleon[posiedon]
staraptor[mukuhawk]
luxray[shirukon(like surikon...im a terrible speller]
palkia[pokeballin]
torterra
machoke

ill update my team later, but right now im training evryone except empoleon

G

Gingaman

Floatzel

moves

Strangth
Brine
Aqua Jet
Surf

Monferno

moves

Ember
Rock Smash
Fire Blast
Cut

Alakazam

Moves

Psybeam
Miracle Eye
Psycho Cut
Recover

Luxray

Moves

Spark
Roar
Thunder
Crunch

Staravia

Moves

Steel Wing
Take Down
Fly
Aerial Ace

Machoke

Moves

Karate Chop
Seosmic Toss
Submission
Vital Throw

I made a little change to my team. I traded out Riolu for Steelix because I'm to lazy to train it.

Torterra
Staraptor
Floatzel
Pachirisu
Steelix
Skorupi (HM Slave)

This is both my party AND my favs so... ;D

Mewtwo:psychic,Aura Sphere,Future Sight,Psycho Cut/My Fav. Kanto

Lugia:Sky Attack,Hydro Pump,Aero Blast,Extrasensory/My Fav. Johto

Jirachi:Double Edge,Doom Desire,Psychic,Wish/My Fav. Hoehn

Lucario:Close Combat,Dragon Pulse,Aura Sphere,Extreme Speed/My Fav. Sinnoh

Eevee:Last Resort, Take Down, Bite, Quick Attack/Has Most EVO's and Cute

Ditto:Transform/Can Turn Into Anything And Reminds Me Of Finding Nemo :p
[I Shall Name Him Squishy,And He Shall Be Mine,And He Shall Be MY Squishy!]

This Topic is for posting your Pokemon partys, both current and future. You can also help people by giving suggestions for new pkmn and attacks.

I currently use Mew,Mewtwo,Latias,Latios,Kyogre and Groudon. I want to make a party with Arceus,Darkrai,Regigas,Palkia,Dialga and Giratina. My advice on making a party is experiment with your favorites by checking what moves complement their attributes and which held items hurt or hinder each member in battle. But above all have fun; you never know what you'll find in the process!

That is a great way to look at your team. What I did was take my favorites from each series and 2 of my other favs. and gave them attacks that suited them. For instance, my Lucario knows Aura Sphere because he is the Aura pokemon. And like you said, the best thing is to have fun with it, because you never know what it's like until you try it for yourself... ;D

i wish i could make my dream team but i use an emulator to play Pokemon diamond
but it's the same as the trainer card ecxept the leafeon would be a Flareon

S

skyler

does ur diamond on ur emulator work??? oh better get to the party thing

in PKMN saphire ive got

Blazikan LV 56

Sealeo Lv43

Regirock LV 40

Kyogre LV50

Swello LV 36

Wailord LV 44

and my dream team is in my trainer card

I hsve the party Ive awalys wanted
Umbreon lv 100
Glaceon lv 100
Latias lv.100
Swampert lv.100
Lucario lv.70
Mew lv.100
Using too many ledgendaries is bad.

First Skylar you have a pretty good team right now, but about the card Oizen is right. Not alot of people like others that just use legendaries to win. The only reason my party has Mewtwo,Lugia,and Jirachi is becouse they aree some of my favs. Mewtwo was my favorite Kanto Pkmn...Lugia my fav Johto...and Jirachi my fav Hoehn. If you compile a team mainly of legendaries JUST because you wanna win or if they look strong, you might acually get hated and beat. Im not gonna enforce it, but im just trying to help. The topic is giving advice on teams so...
PS to Oizen6: Nice mix of the two eeveelutions and i found a pun in your party..
"Lucario..."+"Mew..."="Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" :p

I have mew and Latias in my party because there my favorite ledgendaries and you can use Latias in the battle tower about the pun I never really noticed that before seriously ;D

First Skylar you have a pretty good team right now, but about the card Oizen is right. Not alot of people like others that just use legendaries to win. The only reason my party has Mewtwo,Lugia,and Jirachi is becouse they aree some of my favs. Mewtwo was my favorite Kanto Pkmn...Lugia my fav Johto...and Jirachi my fav Hoehn. If you compile a team mainly of legendaries JUST because you wanna win or if they look strong, you might acually get hated and beat. Im not gonna enforce it, but im just trying to help. The topic is giving advice on teams so...
PS to Oizen6: Nice mix of the two eeveelutions and i found a pun in your party..
"Lucario..."+"Mew..."="Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" :p
yeah that's true
it's usualy best to have one legendary in your team
and by having a bunch of legendaries in your team it defeats the purpose of it well, it being legendary
it kinda takes the fun out of it
and to Skyler
Yes my emulator works, but you have to have a fast comp for it to work

it's usualy best to have one legendary in your team
and by having a bunch of legendaries in your team it defeats the purpose of it well, it being legendary
it kinda takes the fun out of it
Exactly. I mean it's alright if its for a good reason, like how Regilover [Sry I used you as an example] has only regi's on his team. It's because they're his favorite pokemon. But if you pick legendaries just for the hell of it, your gonna get screwed over by someone who thinks your a lousy pushover..."Sry if that was insulting to some, but it's true"

My dream team would probably have to be either Irugi's team or Kenji's team ;D

I restarted my Ruby emulator, and I think I have a good balanced team. A Geodude, a Taillow, a Shroomish, a Ralts, a Mawile and a Torchic. I'd like to think I have all of my weakness covered with that. I haven't started looking for the perfect balance of moves yet, as none of my pokémon are over lvl. 20. ^^;

On my Ruby before that, I had a Mawile, an Absol, a Tentacruel, Grouden, a Swellow and an Altaria. I wanted a well rounded team (but I admit I failed in that respect) That had some of my favourites on it. I've heard people call Mawile useless, but I've loved them since I first encountered one. ^^

Last edited by a moderator: