• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Creative Flash Challenge: Their Greatest Test

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
The last challenge, My Favourite Pokémon, was a great success - so I'm here today with another! :3 This one's a little tougher, but hopefully it'll get your creative juices flowing...

The Challenge

Create a written work, artwork, or trainer card about or featuring a character experiencing their greatest trials and tribulations.

For example, this could involve battling the toughest trainer in the land, struggling with the challenges of being a new trainer, or perhaps even rushing to save a sick partner - it's up to you...

Full details are below the cut as always - click "Continue Reading" to read more! :)[prebreak][/prebreak]

Terms

• You must have an active Pokécharms account to enter. "Active" means an account that is not restricted by read-only status, and has not been banned.
  • You may submit as many entries as you like.
  • Entries do not necessarily have to be original - creators can upload works that already exist elsewhere. That said, we'd love to see what new works you come up with!
  • There will be no declared winner and no prizes - this is just for fun :)
  • The theme is up to interpretation if you wish - follow it strictly, or use it as a bouncing-off point for something more diverse - it's up to you!
  • Due to the lack of judging or prizes, Pokécharms staff are permitted to submit works for the challenge.
  • The rules for the Creative Corner must be observed when taking this challenge.
  • The challenge has no set time limit, and will end once a new flash challenge has been posted.

How to Enter

The process is slightly different for different kinds of entries:

Visual and written works (artwork, stories, articles)
Most works will be submitted via the Creative Corner in the usual manner. In order to mark your entry as a Flash Challenge entry, you should put the hashtag #flashchallenge in your work. In order for it to be searchable, you should place the hashtag in the summary of a written work (in other words, not the work itself), or the description of a visual work.

Trainer Cards
To submit trainer cards, just link to them in the comments for this article. If you're not sure how to do this, there is a guide here.

As a parting note, I loved the creativity shown by everyone in their entries last time - they were all wonderful, and I really look forward to seeing what you guys come up with this time! And if you manage to write a story, I'll be very happy...

Last edited:
Is there a limit on how long it is? Mine may be really long. I like to put my stories into High detail.
shaymin-sky.png

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ambushment: None at all.

Also, Whoops - you submitted your entry as a piece of artwork rather than as the written work it was supposed to be. The work has been removed and a Conversation was supposed to be sent your way containing the body of the work so you can repost it properly - but due to some technical glitch the conversation didn't send. Apologies. Hopefully you had the thing backed up locally as well.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Once again, my apologies - I'm not sure why the PM that was supposed to be sent over to you with the contents of the work didn't send. That was definitely not supposed to happen.

Nothing's stopping you from posting it again however (do so as a written work this time) - unless you didn't save the work locally and wrote it straight on the Creative Corner - which isn't the smartest thing to do as is, for future reference. ^^;

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
So you deleted it? D:
Unfortunately, there's no technical way to change the type of works, so the idea was to send you the work via personal conversation, and allow you to recreate it as a written work.

As the developer of the Creative Corner, I can only offer my deepest apologies for this glitch happening - losing work really sucks, and it's happened to me enough times that I know how it feels, Obviously, I'm going to do my best to make sure this sort of stuff never happens again.

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
*hits himself in the head* Come on,come on.....

This one will get everyone's inner artist to rise *insert I guarantee it meme here*.

Unfortunately, there's no technical way to change the type of works, so the idea was to send you the work via personal conversation, and allow you to recreate it as a written work.

As the developer of the Creative Corner, I can only offer my deepest apologies for this glitch happening - losing work really sucks, and it's happened to me enough times that I know how it feels, Obviously, I'm going to do my best to make sure this sort of stuff never happens again.
Okay, I won't bother making another one for this Flash Challenge but I will probably try the next one you have in store for us :)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, I won't bother making another one for this Flash Challenge but I will probably try the next one you have in store for us :)
I'm glad you're still planning to enter future challenges! Once again, sorry about this one...

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
But I am a little confused. I see on the Creative Corner that someone posted their flash challenge story. Stellar said that wasn't supposed to be there.
The issue wasn't that it was on the Corner - that's exactly where it's supposed to go. The issue was that instead of posting it as a written work, so it's formatted properly for a story, you posted it as an artwork. Because we can't just push a button and switch it, @StellarWind Elsydeon deleted it and tried to send you the content so you could repost it as a written work - so it all worked properly. (There's a few technical reasons why we need to make sure each work is the correct type, see.)

Problem is, the act of sending the content via personal conversation broke - and that's what landed us in this situation.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, the thing that wasn't supposed to be there was the Trainer Card you uploaded to the corner, not the flash challenge entry. THAT warning PM went through. XD

When you say character, do you mean human character? If you do mean that, I can't participate (even though I want to) since I am absolutely dreadful at drawing humans.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
When you say character, do you mean human character? If you do mean that, I can't participate (even though I want to) since I am absolutely dreadful at drawing humans.
Not at all! The challenges are always very loose, you can interpret them in any way you like :) I say "character" very broadly - Pokémon characters definitely count!