• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Creative Flash Challenge: Memories

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
This week, we're stepping back down memory lane...

The Challenge

Create a written work, artwork, or trainer card about memories.

What's your favourite Pokémon memory? What is your character's most treasured memory? The one they fear the most? Perhaps one they'd much rather forget?

Full details are below the cut as always - click "Continue Reading" to read more! :)[prebreak][/prebreak]

Terms

• You must have an active Pokécharms account to enter. "Active" means an account that is not restricted by read-only status, and has not been banned.
  • You may submit as many entries as you like.
  • Entries do not necessarily have to be original - creators can upload works that already exist elsewhere. That said, we'd love to see what new works you come up with!
  • Entries do not necessarily have to feature Pokémon characters or locations, or be set in a Pokémon universe. We observe that most works here do feature one or more of these, however.
  • There will be no declared winner and no prizes - this is just for fun :)
  • The theme is up to interpretation if you wish - follow it strictly, or use it as a bouncing-off point for something more diverse, or even subvert it entirely - it's up to you!
  • Due to the lack of judging or prizes, Pokécharms staff are permitted to submit works for the challenge.
  • The rules for the Creative Corner must be observed when taking this challenge.
  • The challenge will end on the 19th of April.

How to Enter

The process is slightly different for different kinds of entries:

Visual and written works (artwork, stories, articles)
Most works will be submitted via the Creative Corner in the usual manner. In order to mark your entry as a Flash Challenge entry, you should put the hashtag #flashchallenge in your work. In order for it to be searchable, you should place the hashtag in the summary of a written work (in other words, not the work itself), or the description of a visual work. It's also helpful to post a link to the work in the comments for this article.

Trainer Cards
To submit trainer cards, just link to them in the comments for this article. If you're not sure how to do this, there is a guide here.

Good luck, everyone!

This week, we're stepping back down memory lane...

The Challenge

Create a written work, artwork, or trainer card about memories.

What's your favourite Pokémon memory? What is your character's most treasured memory? The one they fear the most? Perhaps one they'd much rather forget?

Full details are below the cut as always - click "Continue Reading" to read more! :)

Terms

• You must have an active Pokécharms account to enter. "Active" means an account that is not restricted by read-only status, and has not been banned.
  • You may submit as many entries as you like.
  • Entries do not necessarily have to be original - creators can upload works that already exist elsewhere. That said, we'd love to see what new works you come up with!
  • Entries do not necessarily have to feature Pokémon characters or locations, or be set in a Pokémon universe. We observe that most works here do feature one or more of these, however.
  • There will be no declared winner and no prizes - this is just for fun :)
  • The theme is up to interpretation if you wish - follow it strictly, or use it as a bouncing-off point for something more diverse, or even subvert it entirely - it's up to you!
  • Due to the lack of judging or prizes, Pokécharms staff are permitted to submit works for the challenge.
  • The rules for the Creative Corner must be observed when taking this challenge.
  • The challenge will end on the 19th of April.

How to Enter

The process is slightly different for different kinds of entries:

Visual and written works (artwork, stories, articles)
Most works will be submitted via the Creative Corner in the usual manner. In order to mark your entry as a Flash Challenge entry, you should put the hashtag #flashchallenge in your work. In order for it to be searchable, you should place the hashtag in the summary of a written work (in other words, not the work itself), or the description of a visual work. It's also helpful to post a link to the work in the comments for this article.

Trainer Cards
To submit trainer cards, just link to them in the comments for this article. If you're not sure how to do this, there is a guide here.

Good luck, everyone!
How long will this last because I want to get my own work out first before doing this?

182380_trainercard-Memories.png

My most used team back in Pokemon Silver. Cloning too stronk. kek

Last edited by a moderator:

My first team and character from my first Pokémon game, HeartGold. I still haven't finished the game (still have to beat Red), and it isn't from too long ago (February), but seeing any Pokémon from my old team makes me feel giddy.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
image.jpg
Alright, I have a story for this, but not as big as you might think it is. Now, Pokemon Black/White wasn't my first Pokemon game, but a game where I felt it starred me. Yes, me, in my own neck of the woods, walking around. It was fun seeing what NYC looked to the "outside", and I felt amazed with everything, from the Pokemon to the leaders. I really didn't care about the plot as much as those things I mentioned above.(These are my favorite Pokemon from this region, and Ive used all of them during my playthroughs of Unova. As for that charechter, it represents me in a sense~) Now, I really don't think any other region could compare with Unova now, due to the fact that I'm biased towards the place where I've spent ages exploring, and still will continue to explore. #FlashChallange

Last edited:

I made this because the Lucario and the Mystery of Mew movie was the first Pokemon movie I ever saw. I think that I am not alone in saying this but, at the time, I thought Lucario was a legendary. And that is why Lucario is my All-Time-Number-One favorite Pokemon. Blaziken is my favorite Starter and Groudon, Reshiram, and Yveltal are my favorite Legendaries. Also, could someone please make some sprites of Kidd Summers http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kidd_Summers ?

Well, I don't see any reason not to do this.

My team from Pokémon White, probably my favorite Pokémon game of all time.
I remember analyzing every Unova Pokémon before buying the game, as I prefer having a team in mind as I start playing. I choose the 'mons depending on what I needed - a surf user, a fly user, and so forth. And, of course, how much I like them. This was what it ended as: my starter, the event Victini, that monkey one guy gave me, and three more I liked.
I loved these guys, and I'll never forget them. Specially because my Pokémon White was stolen from me, and with it, my love for Pokémon. After a couple years I began loving Pokémon again, but I still feel saddened at the memory of my favorite team...
Wow, that was long. Sorry about that. I'll use a smaller font.

My very first time beating a Pokemon game and not using a single cheat to beat it was Omega Ruby. I had so many fond memories of collecting lots of Pokemon, beating the Elite Four and getting legendaries. This is my final team for the game.
Just trying to help out, but, to put a trainer card in the format I got it in, all you have to do is copy and paste the BBCode when you have finished your TC. Here's a guide. :) http://pokecharms.com/threads/post-your-trainer-card.9303/

My very first time beating a Pokemon game and not using a single cheat to beat it was Omega Ruby. I had so many fond memories of collecting lots of Pokemon, beating the Elite Four and getting legendaries. This is my final team for the game:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Jumping on the bandwagon of memories! :D

This was my first ever Pokemon team in the order that I originally obtained each team member. I'd been anticipating the release of Pokemon Red and Blue for quite awhile due to Nintendo Power's preview of the Pokemon franchise, so I ended up buying Red on release day. My older brother bought Blue. ^^

(Note: "Katie" as my actual player character's name is a placeholder. I have absolutely no idea what I called him now, but I know that it wasn't Red and wasn't Ash because the Anime hadn't aired in Canada yet. Knowing me at that age, I likely named him after a male Final Fantasy VI protagonist... xp)

It was a good debate way back when on whether to pick Bulbasaur or Charmander but I eventually decided on the Bulb. From there I picked up a Pidgey because it was one of the first Pokemon that I'd ever encountered. I'd planned long before starting the game that Pikachu/Raichu would be on my team so that one was a given. Geodude, I believe, replaced another Pokemon that I'd been raising (either a Butterfree or Rattata, can't fully remember which) because my brother convinced me that I needed a Geodude. Growlithe was instant love because fire puppy! ♥ And Eevee was the perfect fit for my final Pokemon because I needed a Water-type and both Eevee/Vaporeon were interesting and/or cute Pokemon. :3

Ahh... How fun and exciting it was playing through my very first Pokemon game. Good memories~

I'd been introduced to Pokemon through the anime and Pokemon Stadium as a kid, but my first full adventure in the main video game series was in Pokemon Emerald. This Trainer Card displays my very first team of Pokemon on this initial journey:

I'd been introduced to Pokemon through the anime and Pokemon Stadium as a kid, but my first full adventure in the main video game series was in Pokemon Emerald. This Trainer Card displays my very first team of Pokemon on this initial journey:

Looks like it was a fairly well-rounded team. Good job. :)

my journeys started at Kalos I hopped in and got so happy Ive made friends that took me to a table i sat down and felt happiness surrounding me as if the hole region was in a good mood my new friends let me in there team i was so happy i picked my team nickname and they let me pick a pokemon from the professor in lumiose city it was a hard dangerous question i looked back but a small pokemon caught my Eye froggie he was so cool a tough youngster in battle and i leveled him up all i could
upload_2015-4-15_12-31-30.jpeg

My very first time beating a Pokemon game and not using a single cheat to beat it was Omega Ruby. I had so many fond memories of collecting lots of Pokemon, beating the Elite Four and getting legendaries. This is my final team for the game: