• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Creative Flash Challenge: Going Home

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
As promised, it's new challenge time...

The Challenge

Create a written work, artwork, or trainer card with an arrival at home.

This one's fairly freeform, and might be interpreted in many ways. A couple of things you might want to think about: What is "home?" Is it a pleasant place, or was there good reason for leaving? What's changed since the departure? Does home have to be a fixed place, or even a place at all?

Full details are below the cut as always - click "Continue Reading" to read more! :)[prebreak][/prebreak]

Terms

• You must have an active Pokécharms account to enter. "Active" means an account that is not restricted by read-only status, and has not been banned.
  • You may submit as many entries as you like.
  • Entries do not necessarily have to be original - creators can upload works that already exist elsewhere. That said, we'd love to see what new works you come up with!
  • Entries do not necessarily have to feature Pokémon characters or locations, or be set in a Pokémon universe. We observe that most works here do feature one or more of these, however.
  • There will be no declared winner and no prizes - this is just for fun :)
  • The theme is up to interpretation if you wish - follow it strictly, or use it as a bouncing-off point for something more diverse - it's up to you!
  • Due to the lack of judging or prizes, Pokécharms staff are permitted to submit works for the challenge.
  • The rules for the Creative Corner must be observed when taking this challenge.
  • The challenge will end on October 23rd.

How to Enter

The process is slightly different for different kinds of entries:

Visual and written works (artwork, stories, articles)
Most works will be submitted via the Creative Corner in the usual manner. In order to mark your entry as a Flash Challenge entry, you should put the hashtag #flashchallenge in your work. In order for it to be searchable, you should place the hashtag in the summary of a written work (in other words, not the work itself), or the description of a visual work.

Trainer Cards
To submit trainer cards, just link to them in the comments for this article. If you're not sure how to do this, there is a guide here.

To emphasise, this particular challenge will run for exactly two weeks - it'll end on October 23rd. We're doing a fixed deadline this time so can be sure to have enough time for a (spoiler alert) Halloween challenge.

Good luck with all your entries!

Last edited:
I've been suffering from a dry spell lately, so hopefully it will end before October 23rd, and hopefully the challenge will help liquify the dryness. :blush:

Last edited:
Hey I won't be entering this one but when you start a Halloween challenge please let me know as Ghost is my favorite type and if it's like, Make a creepy story I'll be a good canidate.

Ooh, why am I just now seeing this? Well, I have a ton of crap to do for grad school right now, but why do that when I can procrastinate? Jk, but I will try to add in my submission. I recently went back home for a visit so I'll try to incorporate that into my submission.

http://pokecharms.com/trainer-cards/tyler-dure.118492/

My trainer card is about Tyler Dure who is a trainer that has traveled with Dale Hudson through Unova, Johto, and this card is when he goes home after his journey through Kalos. His first 5 pokemon are from his main Kalos team, and his Mudkip was his final pokemon caught in Kalos. he got it from Prof. Birch who was in Kalos for the league. Tyler goes home to
VIrbank City, and he leaves his pokemon at the Flocessy Ranch with his best friend Austin Harris, the Unova Champion. He flies over to Kanto to begin his training with Blaine.