• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Creative Corner 1.2 & August 2015 Software Update

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all! We've recently upgraded the site's underlying software, and we also have a new Creative Corner update to bring you today! Here's what's new:

Tagging

This is the headline feature today: content tagging. In short, this is a system where you can add short phrases called "tags" to your content - these tags help to describe the content, and clicking them takes you to a page where you can view other, similar content. So far, you can tag forum threads and Creative Corner works.

In practice, say we have a "lucario" tag. That means that if anyone wants to see art or stories about Lucario, they can visit that tag and see it all in one convenient place. You might also have a tag for "digital art", or maybe the name of a fan region. It's a great way to group things together without having to specifically put them in a series.

Right now, tags appear below works and at the top of forum threads - feel free to have a click around, and tag up your existing works! :) To start with, we've created tags for all 721 known Pokémon - why not tag the Pokémon that appear in your works?

One small note: If your tags get switched about a little bit, don't panic - the staff will sometimes merge similar tags, or rename ones that are misspelled (for example) - this is to keep similar content easily accessible to all.

Profile Post Comment Improvements

• You can now Like profile post comments, the same way you would anything else on the site.
  • You can now edit profile post comments, without having to delete and repost them.
  • Profile post comments appear in news feeds and the Members tab.
  • If you are in moderation, you can now comment on profile posts the way you'd post elsewhere on the site - just write your comment, and a member of staff will review and approve it. Before, the comment would just be denied.
  • Profile post comments can now be soft-deleted, like most other things on the site. This means that staff can recover deleted comments if necessary.
  • Profile post comments now appear in search results.

Miscellaneous

• Staff can now send little notices that appear in the bottom-right of your screen.
  • Staff can now let people out of the automatic spam-blocking system if they have been unfairly blocked by it. A small step in rebelling against the inevitable robot revolution.
  • Staff can now edit works without removing them from their series. They can also edit which series the work is in, or create a new one.
  • Written work summaries now display properly on your profile again.
  • Adding comments is now permission-controlled, so we can take the ability away from those who misbehave.
  • Fixed an error where series could stop working correctly.
  • Improve work and comment deletion, so Likes and work counts are calculated more accurately in most situations.
  • More miscellaneous improvements and fixes.

We've still got a few things to tweak, especially a few visual bugs - but let us know if you find anything amiss, or have any questions at all about the new functionality :)

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Awesome update, @Teapot! Lots of great new features that I've been really looking forward to. Thanks again for all the effort and hard work. It's deeply appreciated. ^^

/can't wait to abuse the tagging and profile comment liking >:D

Edit: Apparently I gloriously overlooked this. Being able to edit profile comments now is the best thing ever. EVER. At least, it is until the next best-thing-ever crops up. But until then - BEST THING. ♥

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I already commented in chat about everything but EEEEEEEE I AM EXCITE FOR EVERYTHING. I thought tagging would be the best thing ever but now I'm sure that it's being able to like/edit/search for profile comments :'D