• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

CoroCoro Shows Off Rumoured New Green Pokémon

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Green Blob.jpg
This months edition of CoroCoro has now leaked and given a bit more information about the rumoured new green Pokémon shown off in the trailer for the next Pokémon movie. While the issue hasn't given a lot of information we do know some new stuff.

The magazine rumours that the new green Pokémon could be related to Zygarde by pointing out that this little green Pokémon is very similar in colour to Zygarde. CoroCoro also mentions that the mysterious new Pokémon is related to the mysterious silhouetted creature which was also shown off in the trailer for the next Pokémon movie.
Mega Evolution special IV.jpg
According to this issue of CoroCoro the new Pokémon and Zygarde will both be featured in the Pokémon Mega Evolution IV which is set to air in Japan this Autumn. More information on the Pokémon, the mysterious silhouette and their relation to the anime series will be revealed in the next issue of CoroCoro which is due for release in Japan on the 15th of September.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
also first comment
Just so you're aware, "first comment" is a type of spam, which means that posting it will get your post deleted. I'm leaving yours this time as you say something else as well, but please don't do that :)

Also, this little green thing looks really interesting! The hexagon designs means it's very definitely related to Zygarde, but obviously there's multiple of them, so it probably isn't a pre-evolution, rather some sort of Manaphy/Phione type affair. Alternately, and this would be far more exciting, this could be a new mechanic - perhaps if you gather them by catching them, or encounter them in a Horde battle, you could cause them to fuse into Zygarde somehow?

Alternately, perhaps these things aren't strictly related to Zygarde in a evolutionary line sense, and instead they're a little like the relationship between Unown and the Johto legendaries? Perhaps they serve as "watchmen" for Zygarde, so that it may maintain balance in the world?

When I first say this the first thing that came to mind was "pre-evolution of Solosis evolution line" but all-in-all, I have no idea...the eyes remind me of a pokemon however but I can't put my finger on which one....

EDIT:// Reason why I dismiss my first thoughts is because why would Solosis be important in anyway? It's more likely to either be completely new, or relating to 6th Gen in some way such as Zygarde (but even then I hardly see much resemblance between the two)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
EDIT:// Reason why I dismiss my first thoughts is because why would Solosis be important in anyway? It's more likely to either be completely new, or relating to 6th Gen in some way such as Zygarde (but even then I hardly see much resemblance between the two)
Solosis already has three members of its evolution line anyway, just to point out. Also, the resemblance is the shade of green and the hexagon patterns on it - both of which it shares with Zygarde. :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Since there are multiple little greens, I'm thinking they serve as Zygarde's eyes and ears so it knows when someone somewhere is mucking up the environment. Since they are allegedly related to the large shadow, this only affirms my theory that the shadow is a new forme/Mega of Zygarde. Perhaps Zygarde absorbs all of the little greens to obtain that transformation. The plot thickens!

Since it has a leaf on its back (at least I believe that's what it is) it could be part grass. It might be even grass/bug type from the looks of it. Could Generation 7 be confirmed? I'm so impatient to find out! @.@

What if this is a Pokemon from gen 7? Think about it. There weren't many new pokemon in gen 6 at all. Plus it's been confirmed that there will-- sadly-- be no Pokemon Z. However, the trailer might be showing us that these little green blobs make up Zygarde, although it's very short so it's hard to tell.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
What if this is a Pokemon from gen 7? Think about it. There weren't many new pokemon in gen 6 at all. Plus it's been confirmed that there will-- sadly-- be no Pokemon Z. However, the trailer might be showing us that these little green blobs make up Zygarde, although it's very short so it's hard to tell.

There has been no official word from anyone involved in development of the Pokémon that there's will be no Pokémon Z. All we have right now is rumor mills on the internet, and those are typically wrong. I wouldn't jump to conclusions quite yet.

So no, nothing is 'confirmed'.

Since it has a leaf on its back (at least I believe that's what it is) it could be part grass. It might be even grass/bug type from the looks of it. Could Generation 7 be confirmed? I'm so impatient to find out! @.@
What would this have to do with Zygarde, and if so it would be extremely weak to flying types.