• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

CoroCoro Scans Reveal New Pokémon

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just as assumed by some, the latest CoroCoro has revealed the true form of our mystery Generation 5 Pokémon - and something more. Thanks go to Bulbanews for the scans and translated information.

Meet Zorua (ゾロア), the Evil Fox Pokémon, and its evolved form Zoroark (ゾロアーク), the Monster Fox Pokémon. The two are Dark-types, stand at 0.7m tall and 1.6m tall respectively, and have a weight of 12.5kg and 81.1kg respectively. For you non-metric users, that's approximately 2' 3.5", 27.6 lb for Zorua and 5' 2.9", 178.8 lb for Zoroark.

More information on both of them is said to coming be in the next CoroCoro, but the title of the 13th Pokémon movie has been updated to "Phantom Champion Zoroark" (or "Ruler of Illusions Zoroark", depending on which translation you go by).

Both images have been thumbnailed, so click on 'em for the full-size scans and enjoy =)

Last edited by a moderator:
...Well, this is strange. The first picture has both of them with teal eyes, and the second picture has them with blue eyes. Screwy art! When they sprite Zoroark (teehee, Zoro) I hope they use the bipedal one. I'm not liking the expression on the quad one. And it looks strange to have it on four legs without a real tail.
Also, if Gannondorf were ever to be a Pokemon, this Zoroark is it.​

It looks like in the first picutre, it's arms are larger and it's on four legs, and in the second, it's upright and it's arms are thinner. Maybe that explains the blue/teals eyes? xD

I think it looks pretty cool. Am I the only one that sees a lot of Shinx's features in the prevo? Either way, I'm liking it!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zorua is freaking adorable. I want one, now. I'd cuddle it and love it forever. And ever. Aipom has some competition o:

Also, I agree with Rayn on the spriting issue. The bipedal one looks much, much better. I have a feeling the back sprite will be the quadruped, though.

I'm officially excited for what's to come!

Yea. Judging by its importance in the upcoming movie, it might be a legendary, although the fact that it evolves makes it seem unlikely. It reminds me of lucario in that sense, also in the physical resemblance. Maybe Sandslash and Lucario and then Shinx had a baby in the daycare center and this is what came out.

Well, I kind of like them. Zorua more than Zoroark, but they're both neat. Not exactly the most original Pokemon in the world, in my opinion, but they fit in very well. I doubt I'll ever really cherish them that much, but they're cool.

Zorua reminds me a lot of Delcatty. Also, I really hope these two can be found in the wild and not just given from an egg or something.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's almost certainly not a Legendary. Although, who knows, they've tested the Legendary rules as pretty far as they can go bar that one barrier - so I wouldn't put it past them to finally just make a Legendary that evolves.

It's more likely, however, that Zoroark is just like Lucario was treated in the 8th movie - as a 'mythical' Pokemon rather than an actual Legendary. Although, I'd suggest that Zorua is unlikely to receive the pre-evolution (ie: baby/no-eggs) treatment that Riolu received as they've been revealed together. When Riolu was revealed, it was a long time after Lucario, and by that point it was almost as new a pre-evolution to a firmly established and popular Pokemon as any other that came with it like Mime Jr or Chingling.

It could be a while before we get any real idea about either status, though.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I saw the little guy, and I was like, "awwwww it's adorable!" If I get the new games, I'm definetely going to train one and never evolve it because it's just too

Kabuki Fox Demon, rather impressive. I was worried it'd turn out as an echidna or a hedgehog or something of a tribute to Sonic, but this is rather nice. Zorua is also very adorable and I look forward to obtaining one in the distant future.

That thing is sooooo cool. In the new games I hope you can get the pre evo near the beginning cause I would really like to train as it looks so tough and because I usually dont use dark type pokemon.

SWEET! I just hope that they don't reveal it to be fire type as well because that would ruin Houndoom's originality (and I don't want that, Houndoom is just too cool).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Also, I agree with Rayn on the spriting issue. The bipedal one looks much, much better. I have a feeling the back sprite will be the quadruped, though.

Actually, I'd assume that they'd go for the bipedal stance for the back sprite, too. Just feels like it'd be more appropriate. Guess we'll see, tho XD

I think the factor that turns me off the quadruped version a bit isn't the stance, but the way its face was shaped. It's a subtle difference, but the angle of its snout in the bipedal pic just seems better. I'm sure once we see this thing in motion (or just have more reference pics of it in general) it won't be as obvious.

Regardless, I like them both. ^^

I like the way it looks alot and I also hope that you can get it early in the game or at least halfway though the game I will difintely use this pokemon in the the new 5th generation games

Luxetone, Please shorten your sig. Large sig sizes do not adhere to the rules and I ask that you change it before we forcibly do so.

Awww, how cute! I think Zorua has some competition with Vulpix, being a fellow Fox pokemon and all. I personally think the bipedal pose is a little odd, mainly because of that ultra-thin waist.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
*maniacal laughter!*

I was right! It does have red in it! And what a bitchin awesome monster no less! At first I was meh to a fifth Gen. Then the silhouette had to go and pique my intrest. And now that I have seen Zorua, but more specifically Zoroark, I can't help but to feel a bit excited! I think I'm slowly warming up to Gen V. The only thing that might turn me off about this new Generation is if they go wild with (pre)evolutions of already existing Pokemon and Legendaries like they did with the Fourth.

ksjfwrlghwjkghJKGRHRGJKH
I WANT A ZORUA.
Just now. RIGHT now.

But seriously, Zorua's look pretty cute, but they also look sorta sinister. And scary. Maybe demented - but mainly cute.

I love how these Pokemon are making people warm up to Gen V and we've only seen two Pokemon from it xD. While I have no concrete evidence that Gen V will be awesome, I feel really good about it and I'm hopeful.^^ I just as excited as anyone else.

Like I said in the other topic, these Pokemon look amazing. Hope there's more where that came from.

I'm thinking that Zorua looks a lot like Poocheyna not mightyena; and with Zoroark looks like lucario and sandslash together; but if you take a closer look at zoroark's muzzle, it's much narrower than lucario's muzzle. So there's a lot of Zoroark and Zorua's differences with other existing Pokemon.

GAH! Why oh why did they have to give yet another Pokemon lipstick?! I'd love Zoroark if it didn't have that red bit right next to it's mouth... it looks ugh... asides from that, I'm pretty good with both of them. I don't think either will be a favourite or anything, but neither will I hate them outright.

Oh, and I like the bipedaled stance much more too.

If/When I get a Gen V game, I will catch a zorua and train it up to be a zoroark. Like many people hae said, zorua is so cute and zoroark looks like kick-ass pokemon. Gen V equivalent to riolu and lucario, in my opinion.

I havn't been on here in like forever but i bet nobody noticed i was gone. First thing i thought when i saw that new pokemon was: Shinx... Zorua looks like Shinx and Zoroark is a unique pokemon to others like how Jynx is... I was going to say Gyarados but its close to Onix and/or Steelix

I'd have to say that I like Zoroak as both bipedal and quadripedal. Now it doesn't seem so much a Gen V Lucario, as Lucario is bipedal. However, by what I know of Nintendo, this Pokemon will probably be OU.

As another note, Zorua is quite cute, without being nauseating like some other pre-evolutions.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Because I'm lazy (but lazy with a purpose! Seriously... 8D):

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=7308.0

New, clearer pictures of these two. Doesn't seem to be any new information, though. Hoping for some on the next Pokemon Sunday ^^

I love this now since it is confirmed, it would have been a real disappointment if they where fake. They look so awesome so I'm excited that it's real! Probably, the grass starter would be like Grass-Fighting and the water starter Water-Ghost

Omg! if thats generation 5 , i wonder if theyll hav a good fox pokemon which is the opposite. I also wonder if there gonna have misingno!lol
::) :o ;D

Although it seems kind of fast since HGSS are about to be released in America, and new Gen should be cool. I've got no complaints.

Zorua looks really cute - although it'd be a lot cooler as Fire-type (can't help the bias). Although then it would be what Houndour wants to be... or not.
Zoroark gives me mixed feelings. It's cool, and yet in some of the pics it definently looks a little weird. I think the "no-tail" factor is definently subconciounsly (sp.) irritating me. Still, definently a good start! Looks like 5th Gen has some fresh ideas going around.

I agree with Luigi- it seems a little close to the release of HGSS- but i dont mind either- as long as they dont make us wait too long for the whole generation!
i wouldnt mind a 3rd series for the DS since there have only been two for each previous gameboy...