• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

CoroCoro Reveals More New Pokémon & Alola Forms

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
This month's edition of CoroCoro has leaked and brought with it the reveal of some new Pokémon and new Alola Forms for existing Pokémon. Thanks to this issue we've also learnt about Team Skull, who are the evil team that you must defeat in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

Yowashi solo form.png Yowashi Swarm form.png
First up for new Pokémon we have Yowashi, who is a new [type=water][/type] Pokémon that has two different forms. The first form is known as its solo form, while it also has a swarm form where its appearance changes to that of a big fish.

Nuikoguma pokemon.png
Next up we have Nuikoguma, who is the pre-evolved form of Bewear. Nuikoguma is a [type=normal][/type]/[type=fighting][/type] Pokémon.

Sunaba pokemon.png Shirodesuna pokemon.png
Finally for new Pokémon we have Sunabā and Shirodesuna. Both Pokémon are [type=ghost][/type]/[type=ground][/type] types and look like sand castles of sorts. Shirodesuna is the evolved form of Sunabā.

As mentioned earlier some new Alola form Pokémon have also been revealed.

Meowth Alola form.png
First up we have a Alola form Meowth, who is a [type=dark][/type] Pokémon rather than Meowth's usual [type=normal][/type] typing.

Alola Marowak form.png
Finally for Alola forms, we have the new Alolan Marowak, who is a [type=fire][/type]/[type=ghost][/type] type now instead of the usual [type=ground][/type] typing.

Team Skull image.jpg
Last up the final scan showed off some of the members of Team Skull, the evil team present in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. The image also confirms that next month's edition of CoroCoro will reveal the evolved form of Rockruff.

Last edited:
Well I actually wanted it to be like team magma and team Aqua like if u picked Pokemon Sun The Team Would be called Team Solar and if you pick Moon you would have Team Eclipse

... I'm kind of starting to resent these Alola forms a lot more now. They made Meowth grey. Whoop de do that is soooo creative guyz oh ma gawd I'm blown away. I mean, yeah it makes sense that Pokemon would evolve differently depending on where they are in the world, but its just so easy and cheap in terms of design that its making me less excited for these games because it comes across as them not giving a damn. I'm just... I'm just disappointed, that's all.

Gotta say I really like Yowashi though, especially the school form. Hopefully its not too gimmicky because I'd love to use this one.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I absolutely dig the schooling fish Pokemon. The basic form is unassuming enough (much like most schooling fish in real life are) and then the massive terrifying fish-but-not-quite-made-of-multiple-fish form with the multiple glowing blue eyes? Yes. I love how they took an actual animal behaviour into a next logical step. Shame the thing is pure water-type, but what can we do.

The sandcastle 'mon simply screams Earthbound design-ways (and that amuses me greatly) and I quite appreciate the fact that Ghost-Rider Marowak seems to evoke the traditional Polynesian fire-poi-twirling dance (they really have been doing a lot of Hawaiian/Polynesian related things with the creatures in this gen and I appreciate it quite a bit) - although the fact it's more slender compared to the original while still having the same skull shape/size makes it look really malproportioned in official art. Maybe it'd look better in-game. I hope so, anyway.

Little to say about smug-bishie-eyed-grey Meowth, really. I wonder if Alolan-Persian would be some kind of awesome black pantherine creature as a result though. That one's been a long time coming, really.

I have to say " Team Skull" OoOooOOH HiDe your CHILDREN.
I do like the Alolan Marowak looks pretty awesome.
I am very hyped to see what evolved form of Rockruff will be.

I ALL IS JUST SO GREAT.

Holy crap, that Fire/ Ghost-type Marowak looks amazing, though I am curious about the typing. I mean, I can understand the Fire-type because it's supposed to be a fire dancer, but how does the Aloha Region allow Ghost-typing to come into it? Hopefully the Pokedex entry will shed some light on this.

Edit: WAIT! I just realized, the new Marowak is part Ghost-type right? What if THIS is what happens to a Cubones mother when she dies and can't find peace or refuses to move on? If that's the lore they're going with, then I am totally down for that.

Last edited:
Well, looks like I'm an idiot.
I honestly thought the Pokedex leak might have been real.
Well, whatever.
I like the sand castle Pokemon, the baby one looks hilarious.
The little fish guy looks cute, not sure about it's new form. I mean how it's going to perform in game, not looks.
The new Alolan forms look neat, Meowth looks like Team Rocket's Meowth tried to be a goth and ended up realising his homosexuality.
And no, I'm not being mean, Meowth has had SEVERAL.....
interesting dreams about Giovannni.
Marowak looks awesome, wondering how Cubone will look...
And Team Skull certainly looks badass, I'm excited to see how their motives will play out in the story.

First up we have a Alola form Meowth, who is a [type=dark][/type] Pokémon rather than Meowth's usual [type=normal][/type] typing.

Last up the final scan showed off some of the members of Team Skull, the evil team present in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. The image also confirms that next month's edition of CoroCoro will reveal the evolved form of Rockruff.
Who thinks Anime Team Skull will have a talking Alola form Meowth

Bewear's pre evolved form is a freaking dorable!!!! Marowak looks AMAZING!!! I want!!!!! Alola Meowth dissapointed me a little bit. :/ The sand castles were awesome though and the fish too.

I see that they are still using drawings to introduce Trainers at the start of a battle. With the whole "non-chibi, full model" type overworld, I really hoped that we could see their models, like whenever you battle Lysandre, Archie, Maxie, or Steven.

Am I the only one that's actually excited for the Bewear line? This pre-evo is adorable! ♥ ♥

Also, Meowth kinda looks like a Ghastly fusion. It's neat!

All these new Poke's, be it new forms or not, (including the sandcastles, even though that first evo looks super funny xD ) are hyping me up for these new games!

I see that they are still using drawings to introduce Trainers at the start of a battle. With the whole "non-chibi, full model" type overworld, I really hoped that we could see their models, like whenever you battle Lysandre, Archie, Maxie, or Steven.
You can see the models for the NPCs, they are also in the battle behind their pokemon. A great example of this is the E3 coverage of Sun and Moon, also go to serebii and look at the pre-release screenshots for the games.

Honestly I could go on for hours as to how I may never get sun or moon regardless of wether I get a 2ds or not...but one reason is I despise most of the alola formes....now vulpix, ninetales and marrowack are cool...and I love the new ice typing for ninetales...can't wait to see how alola formes work competively....but Pokemon like bruxish and that executor forme.....no...just...no...I do like team skull however....as I probably mentioned before....(insert mystery dungeon meme here....)I freaking love the damn mystery dungeon series!

The time i seen Bewear's new image and readed the title i said ''A alolan pokemon with a alolan form?HOW YOU GET THE NORMAL ONE,SO?!?!?'' xD

Meowth looks more than a female form that a Dark type :V

Yowashi looks like tynamo so much O_O

Last edited: