• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

CoroCoro Reveals Images from 2016 XY Movie Teaser - Is That What We Think This Is?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And so the first images from this month's CoroCoro issue leak once more into the interwebs - and they bring an interesting surprise in the form of images from the teaser trailer for the next Pokémon movie in Japan - slated for release in 2016.

While only three images from the teaser - reported to feature Zygarde - have been revealed in CoroCoro, they give us a first look at this intriguing-looking creature.

CJsrQotUwAAnRHm.jpg

Is this a new Pokémon?

While this is not officially confirmed, I feel it may be safe to speculate that what we are looking at here is most likely the long-anticipated second form (or perhaps Mega Evolution?) of Zygarde and the likely version mascot of Kalos' third version - which is probably just as safe to speculate will be named Pokémon Z. Whatever it is, it certainly looks imposing - and we are looking forward for any further revelations regarding this development.

(I am Zygroot.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hyyyyyyyyype! Is really the best response I have to the images. I wouldn't be surprised if a new game announcement occurred within the next few months. If such is true, I look forward to it. :3

As for the image itself, need non-silhouette version plzkthxbai. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Yaaaaaay make Zygarde more relevant plz and thank you.

While I would prefer a sequel or a new game rather than another 3rd version going back to Kalos sounds fun. Plus all the OrAs Megas and the return of trainer customization sounds very good.

Very hyped!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I know this may sound stupid but what if that's a Pokemon that will appear in the 7th Generation?
Unlikely. Game Freak doesn't start leaking info on a new Generation until the current one is complete and there is still very much left for Gen VI to cover.

That image though! :o Like the majority speculate I'm thinking that could be a new forme/Mega of Zygarde, but I'm also willing to think outside the box that that could also be a forme/Mega of Volcanion. Just like Diancie and Hoopa before it, Volcanion could be revealed alongside its new forme/Mega in its debut movie. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I think Pokemon Z could be right around the corner.

Unlikely. Game Freak doesn't start leaking info on a new Generation until the current one is complete and there is still very much left for Gen VI to cover.

That image though! :o Like the majority speculate I'm thinking that could be a new forme/Mega of Zygarde, but I'm also willing to think outside the box that that could also be a forme/Mega of Volcanion. Just like Diancie and Hoopa before it, Volcanion could be revealed alongside its new forme/Mega in its debut movie. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I think Pokemon Z could be right around the corner.

I know that I said what if and your right

... I'm hyped up for this!!!! OH MY LUUUURD! I really like Zygarde, so this is something I really want to see. Plus, if "Pokemon Z" gets released, I can finally adventure Kalos on the back of Majestic Mega Rayquaza. XD

So no more pokemon games? ... .... NOOOOOOOO!!!! *faints*
Ok but still thats sad :<

And Pokemon Xz and Yz?... *Screams* YES!

Last edited by a moderator:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
i don't think this is zygarde peoples, i think its the original dragon.

also, the heads pattern matches kyurum
Wrong generation - we're dealing with sixth generation legendaries. The Kyurem plot is long resolved as of B2W2 - we won't be seeing the original dragon, it's just mythology. Mega Zygarde, a Zygarde forme or some sort of Volcanion forme is much more likely.

Well, he's got a point. We never saw the original dragon, only it's semi-awakened form

Now I agree it's Zygarde :)

Parz_Official

Previously Parz'sOfficialAlt
Wrong generation - we're dealing with sixth generation legendaries. The Kyurem plot is long resolved as of B2W2 - we won't be seeing the original dragon, it's just mythology. Mega Zygarde, a Zygarde forme or some sort of Volcanion forme is much more likely.
i just noticed, LOOK AT THE EYE PATTERN OF THAT CREATURE AND KYUREMS EYE PATTERN!

the eye patterns!

Yeah that's true!! But it's weird.... there's already a White and Black Kyurem, so if there was a mega/New form, I'd think that would be strange.

And so are Arceus, Mew, Jirachi, Meloetta, Celebi, etc. But they are all real. Besides I bet if an end of the world event happened that zekrom and reshiram and kyruem would gladly form back together

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
And so are Arceus, Mew, Jirachi, Meloetta, Celebi, etc. But they are all real. Besides I bet if an end of the world event happened that zekrom and reshiram and kyruem would gladly form back together
I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with the point I made, sorry. I was stating that because we are now in the sixth generation, it is far more likely to have games and other media focusing on a sixth generation Pokémon.

I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with the point I made, sorry. I was stating that because we are now in the sixth generation, it is far more likely to have games and other media focusing on a sixth generation Pokémon.

I agree that the games and media will be more focused on the 6th generation but what I'm saying about the pokemon like Arceus, Mew, etc. are Mythical Pokemon just like the original dragon of Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyruem so it is possible. I honestly just like to think out side the box.