• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

CoroCoro Reveals 17th Movie Title

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
The latest issue of Japanese magazine CoroCoro has leaked and brought with it details on the 17th Pokémon movie. This movie is currently going by the title of Pokémon: The Cocoon of Destruction and is set to feature Yveltal, Xerneas and some Mega Pokémon.
Movie 17 CoroCoro details.jpg
As always with Pokémon movies it will be released during July, this one aiming for release on the 19th of July 2014. This movie will be the first set during Ash's adventures in Kalos and is the first sixth generation movie, however it isn't the first to feature Mega Pokémon as the 16th Pokémon movie featured Mega Mewtwo Y.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming the title is a reference to the cocoon Yveltal resides in before being revived. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something similar to the 14th movie and have two different versions for the corresponding mascots. Pokémon: The Tree of Life for Xerneas. You heard it here first.

Aww no Mega Kangaskhan, Alakazam or Medicham. I would love to see them in the anime. I still like that we get to know more about Mega Pokemon in the anime, I want to give one to an RP character but I feel like I don't know enough about it to do that yet