• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

CoroCoro Confirms Magearna Type, No Sun/Moon Infomation

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Magearna type.jpg
This month's edition of Japanese magazine CoroCoro has leaked and brought with it some news regarding Magearna. However no news about Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon has been shared in this issue.

CoroCoro has confirmed that Magearna is a [type=steel][/type] and [type=fairy][/type] type Pokémon. There is nothing else of note about the Pokémon in this issue.
Pokemon sun and moon boxes.jpg
The magazine has stated that next month's edition will feature a huge scoop on Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. The text in the page pictured above notes that you can't see the Pokémon in the box art yet, so perhaps the big scoop will be news regarding that.

I called it! I knew Magearna was going to be a Steel/Fairy type. It reminded me of Diancie which is why I thought Fairy and it was made of metal so I knew it would be a Steel-type if anything.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
You are correct; if I'm not mistaken she's suppose to be a human made variation of pokemon (like mewtwo), but it would seem she was a remake of diance, but that's all I know thus far.
For what it's worth, this is speculation and has not been confirmed by Game Freak or TPCi. There were fairly similar theories about Alomomola being related to Luvdisc back in the run-up to Black and White, which proved to be false.

Hey guys guess what
on the page next to the box [art], they claim that two agents were sent to take pictures of it but used their flash, and the glare caused all the whiteness.
What a bunch of trolls XD

I feel like there is going to be a special event where if you use the dna splicers on a certain Pokemon and then use them on Klefki, they will fuse to make magearna. Just me?

pokemon sun and moon basted on solrock and lunatone
doubt it

I think we were all expecting Magearna to be a steel and fairy type, just look at her? Magearna is just a mossy and less flashy Diancie to me. They both look very similar, I just wanted to reveal that.

Last edited by a moderator:
*picks up knife* OK pokemon company, i know i said i'd wait another month *twitches* but i can't. my old friend sanity is dead, and i want to know more about the game. are u gonna tell me spoilers, *cracks knuckles and raises knife* or are we gonna have a problem

This month's edition of Japanese magazine CoroCoro has leaked and brought with it some news regarding Magearna. However no news about Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon has been shared in this issue.

CoroCoro has confirmed that Magearna is a [type=steel][/type] and [type=fairy][/type] type Pokémon. There is nothing else of note about the Pokémon in this issue.
The magazine has stated that next month's edition will feature a huge scoop on Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. The text in the page pictured above notes that you can't see the Pokémon in the box art yet, so perhaps the big scoop will be news regarding that.
I'm so excited!!!!