• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Canadian Secret Key Event

SecretKey.png
From what I've heard, this is like a miracle for Canadians (So I'm exaggerating a little).

There will be an event for Canadians to download the Secret Key from participating retailers from April 19th to April 26th. This isn't the assumed event that can be downloaded over the Wi-Fi. Instead, this uses a local network that you have to go to and download from a download station.

At this time, it is unknown if retailers in the United States will follow suit.

So, Canadians can assure themselves a Secret Key if they don't have Wi-Fi access. Rumours have found their way to also saying that the Wi-Fi event might be taking place at around the same time, so keep checking back, we will update when we find out.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
First I'm going to have to somehow figure out if the Toys 'R Us in Moncton, NB, will actually be holding the event. If so, it'll be a day trip across our silly bridge for me on one of the weekends ^__^

ok so i don't even live in Canada ,but i'm inerested as to how they would do this event because apparently you don't need wifi....so any help out their please! xD

Is there any information about what Retailers will be holding the event?

Also is this only for Platinum, or is it for Diamond and Pearl too?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Right now Toys 'R' Us has the event advertised straight on their website, so I'm not sure if other retailers would be holding it or not. Chances are that's the only one doing it.

And sounds like it's just Platinum, which makes perfect sense.

ok so i don't even live in Canada ,but i'm inerested as to how they would do this event because apparently you don't need wifi....so any help out their please! xD

The event will be local WiFi, which is basically the same as hooking up two DS side by side, connecting your DS to your Wii, etc. There's going to be a download station set-up in advance, so anyone who brings a DS and a copy of Platinum with them will be able to download the Secret Key and receive it via Mystery Gift. Basically, same as how they handled all the rare Pokemon giveaways at the other, non-WFC events.

Maybe that's what's confusing you. When someone says you can download it through "local WiFi", they're not referring to the WiFi Connection (WFC). Local WiFi is direct hook up. WFC is via wireless internet access.

There's a Toys R Us in my area as well...I was kinda hoping ebgames would be having the event as well...but if I can get it via Wi-Fi, then so be it.

Right now Toys 'R' Us has the event advertised straight on their website, so I'm not sure if other retailers would be holding it or not. Chances are that's the only one doing it.

And sounds like it's just Platinum, which makes perfect sense.

The event will be local WiFi, which is basically the same as hooking up two DS side by side, connecting your DS to your Wii, etc. There's going to be a download station set-up in advance, so anyone who brings a DS and a copy of Platinum with them will be able to download the Secret Key and receive it via Mystery Gift. Basically, same as how they handled all the rare Pokemon giveaways at the other, non-WFC events.

Maybe that's what's confusing you. When someone says you can download it through "local WiFi", they're not referring to the WiFi Connection (WFC). Local WiFi is direct hook up. WFC is via wireless internet access.

Thanks, and yes that was what was confusing me! lol