• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Can a psychic predict this year's E3?

E3 is quickly coming, and with it comes the usual mounds of speculation. However, the fine, fine journalists at Destructoid took a novel approach: they consulted a psychic.

Check it out.

To summarize: The psychic did tarot readings of Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, detailing their current standings and where they will go in the future. Then, using pendulum readings, the psychic answered specific yes-or-no questions. Questions of note:

"Will Nintendo announce a new Star Fox game? The pendulum responds: Yes.
Wii it have online multiplayer support? The pendulum responds: No."

"Will a new Mega Man 2D side-scroller be announced? The pendulum responds: Yes."

"Will Square Enix announce the release date of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days? The pendulum responds: Yes.
What about Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep? The pendulum responds: No.
Or better yet, will they announce Kingdom Hearts 3? The pendulum responds: No."

"Will Nintendo release Mother 3 on the DS? The pendulum responds: Yes."

"Will a new 2D Sonic game for PSN/Xbox Live/WiiWare be announced? The pendulum responds: Yes."

"Was the recent announcement of the Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii planned to coincide with the shocking announcement of a brand new Metroid game? The pendulum responds: Yes."

Ordinarily, I'd be skeptical of this - especially the pendulum readings. However, the psychic's tarot readings of the individual companies seem spot on. With that in mind, I think I'm going to have to keep these predictions in mind.

(Plus, the prediction about Mother 3 on DS is especially exciting.)

I think Katie just won the game.

Which, by the way, I just lost.

Anyway, this seems all well and good, but that Star Fox game better have online support, or PEOPLE WILL DIE. >: D

That is all (For like, the third time today, I tried using the mouse, which isn't even plugged in >>)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Certainly an interesting list of predictions - certainly mostly as valid as any other list I've seen.

My prediction, however, is that there will be a Wii Pokemon game announced next week. It's just a hunch and the way the wind's blowing... but I've got a pretty good feeling we'll see it.

Other than that, I'm mostly expecting this year's to be barely any better than last year's for Nintendo. Personally, I'm more interested in even Sony's conference to see whether or not they're going to pull a new PSP out of their ass.

Blech, I don't believe in psychics...

But I'm REALLY looking forward to 358/2 Days...As well as KH 3. Birth By Sleep doesn't interest me that much anyway... Too bad the pendulum didn't say we'd hear about KH 3.

But I agree with Doctor Oak. If we don't hear about a new Pokemon game for the Wii, I'll be shocked.

Intriguing way of going about things..

I'll believe in psychics if it'll allow Mother 3 to be released! *Dreamy eyes*

I s'pose only time will tell in the end.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

Wrong. No Star Fox.

"Will a new Mega Man 2D side-scroller be announced? The pendulum responds: Yes."

No, but then Capcom was spooked off of being at E3 this year because of Swine Flu fears - so it's not out of the question for down the line.

"Will Square Enix announce the release date of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days? The pendulum responds: Yes.

Kingdom Hearts was there, but no date if I remember correctly. And not following KH in the slightest, I'm not entirely sure which game it was other than the fact it was really stupid.

Lolno. Nintendo pulled a massive surprise on us with Golden Sun 3 though - which is waaaay better news.

"Will a new 2D Sonic game for PSN/Xbox Live/WiiWare be announced? The pendulum responds: Yes."

We should be so lucky. We get Sonic racing in a car instead...

"Was the recent announcement of the Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii planned to coincide with the shocking announcement of a brand new Metroid game? The pendulum responds: Yes."

Couldn't be more spot on if they tried. Other M had more of an impact on the show than any software shown by either of the other 2 Big Three, quite easily. Unfortunately, both of them had hardware-focused shows, which is what easily places them ahead of Nintendo who only had technology they announced a year ago and still haven't gotten out to stores and the rather bemusing Wii Vitality Sensor to talk about.

Doc: KH 358/2 Days was the KH that was there, and it was given a date, so that one was correct.

And while I'm in pedantic mode, I noticed after the fact that none of those questions said "at E3", so...

Though getting the Metroid one right was pretty cool.

E3 is quickly coming, and with it comes the usual mounds of speculation. However, the fine, fine journalists at Destructoid took a novel approach: they consulted a psychic.

Check it out.

To summarize: The psychic did tarot readings of Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, detailing their current standings and where they will go in the future. Then, using pendulum readings, the psychic answered specific yes-or-no questions. Questions of note:

Ordinarily, I'd be skeptical of this - especially the pendulum readings. However, the psychic's tarot readings of the individual companies seem spot on. With that in mind, I think I'm going to have to keep these predictions in mind.

(Plus, the prediction about Mother 3 on DS is especially exciting.)
I may sound a bit stupid, but what exactly is E3

Alex, how could you say a Golden Sun 3 release is better than Mother 3?! I find this REEEEAALLY disappointing.. almost as much as the fact that Final Fantasy 14 is going to be another crappy online ... thing

[quote author=Mind Lord link=topic=6184.msg104778#msg104778 date=1244141158]
I may sound a bit stupid, but what exactly is E3
Here ya go mate: Click here.

I looked at that Golden Sun game... looks amazing. I can see myself getting that.
[/quote] Thanks for your help, I still don't really understand, but thanks for trying to help. ;D

Yeah LoN. I like the Golden Sun series, and I'll probably buy it, too. But the IDEA of getting Mother 3 and then the unlikely chance of it makes my want to drool and cry at the same time!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Alex, how could you say a Golden Sun 3 release is better than Mother 3?! I find this REEEEAALLY disappointing.. almost as much as the fact that Final Fantasy 14 is going to be another crappy online ... thing

Because while Earthbound is a vaguely interesting game, it's really not all that good. Not in my opinion anyway. Of course, Nintendo never even gave us the option to view it in rose-tinted spectacles of nostalgia, so yeah...

Golden Sun, on the other hand, was a masterpiece and a return to it has been long overdue.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, I am so glad the Metroid one was right. That was the one game that made E3, for me.

It even made up for the horribly boring Nintendo conference.

[quote author=Dragodden link=topic=6184.msg104796#msg104796 date=1244144127]

Because while Earthbound is a vaguely interesting game, it's really not all that good. Not in my opinion anyway. Of course, Nintendo never even gave us the option to view it in rose-tinted spectacles of nostalgia, so yeah...

Golden Sun, on the other hand, was a masterpiece and a return to it has been long overdue.
[/quote]

All right. Good defense. While I did enjoy Golden Sun.. I never actually completed it. I didn't get into it the same way I get into other games. To see so many enthusiastic fans makes me want to give it another really serious chance.