• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Anyone Ever Send in Their DS/3DS?

Hey everyone,

So, I love collector's edition things, so of course I instantly grabbed up the Zelda Themed 3DS 2 or 3 years ago.

In that time, the shoulder buttons have had troubles actually triggering, my A button is the same and my directional pad is somehow coming apart.
I honestly take care of my devices, so I'm not quite sure how this has happened, but that's another thing for another time.

With these issues at hand, it sorta makes playing my 3DS a bother, so I was wondering if sending it to Nintendo is an option and if it's a viable option, at that.

I'd like to have it ready for when ORAS comes out!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
It's definitely a viable option, I was considering doing it myself. Bear in mind it will cost money, though, but the rates are (reasonably) cheap and they should have it back within a week or two. Mind you, there are different services based on region - the UK have their own service centre that is apparently very good, but your mileage may vary with the other regions.

Honestly, go through the website and see what happens - it's worth a go in my opinion,

It's a relief to hear that said with confidence, @Teapot .

When I had bought the DSlight Zelda edition off of ebay, I noticed some kits from china that you could use to replace buttons, but I just thought no way would that be an option, lol.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I've actually replaced an original DS screen with eBay'd Chinese parts. It worked fine, but as you might expect the part was of far lower quality than the original.

But in my case, it hadn't been sat on so it was still worth it :p