• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Vital Mistake (Open)

“Hmph.” Jacob let out a small puff of air as he faced down the two Plasma Grunts. “This should be easy enough, he thought to himself.” The group were facing each other in the middle of the woods; Jacob was unsure exactly where they were, somewhere between Driftveil and Mistralton in Unova. Jacob had beaten grunts in twos before; they were generally some of the weaker trainers in the organization, so Jacob had no reason to worry. Jacob released his pokeball, revealing Stargazer(Golurk). The pokemon appeared squatting over only to stand up to its full size, towering over the Plasma Grunts. Jacob expected them to run, but they just smiled.

Each of the two grunts released their own pokeballs, revealing an Excadrill, and a Chandelure. With that, the battle began.

“Stargazer, use shadow punch!” Stargazer’s hand glowed with purple energy as he brought it down, aiming for the Excadrill. But the pokemon was fast, and easily dodge Stargazer’s attack.

“Excadrill, use drill run!” The Excadrill’s body collapsed into a drill shape and shot towards Jacob’s Golurk. The attack slammed into Golurk’s leg, and the pokemon dropped down to one knee. Jacob was surprised; these trainers certainly were not ordinary Plasma Grunts. They were strong, and their pokemon were strong. “Now dig!” The Excadrill disappeared underground.

“Chandelure, use inferno!” The Chandelure lowered her head, releasing a column of purple and blue flames at Stargazer. The attack hit Stargazer in the shoulder, and the pokemon turned sharply, grasping his smoking shoulder.

“Stargazer, use shadow ball!” Stargazer’s left hand disappeared as it began to charge the attack. The attack was never released however, as the Excadrill came up beneath Stargazer, slamming it on the underside of Stargazer’s torso. Stargazer didn’t have time to react before Chandelure released another inferno attack, taking out Stargazer’s other leg. The Golurk collapsed to the ground. Jacob stood for a moment, looking at his fallen pokemon. These trainers were definitely high level, maybe even better than Jacob himself. He had only one choice. Jacob recalled his pokemon, turned and ran.

After a few seconds of sprinting he looked back. In the distance, he could see the Chandelure flying after him at full speed. He thought this could be his end as he looked back forward to see a person standing down the road. Jacob ran up to the person.

“Help!” He shouted as he approached. “They’re after me!”

Jacob had seen the battle from far and knew who those 'grunts' were, they were elites part of a team ghettis created to capture areas of high strategic value around Unova

As he saw Jacob come running at him being closely followed by a chadelure he simply entered some things into his wrist mounted poke scanner and shortly after a shining black luxury ball popped out of his backpack.
"Geninja i needed your help!"jake shouted as he threw the luxury bal
Soon the shiny dark water type stood ready for a battle
"Greninja use surf then use dark pulse!"
Boom boom both super effective attacks collided with chandelure with imeasureable power, leaving the ghost fire type fainted on the ground near greninja

Last edited:
(OOC: Again with these one post wins?)

Jacob recognized the trainer as he released Greninja; he had battled against him once in a tournament, but he couldn't remember the trainer's name. He watched as the two Plasma Elites walked up to the fallen Chandelure. One recalled the pokemon, and stared at Jacob and his rescuer menacingly.

"Hmph," one of the Plasma Elites began. "This is interesting; I suppose we'll have to postpone our battle with the whelp." The other Elite nodded, and together, the two of them turned into the woods, disappearing from sight. Jacob turned to the trainer.

"Thanks for the help," Jacob said. "Don't I know you from somewhere? What's your name again?"

((Ooc i was planning on losing to the escadrill))

"It's Jake we meet at the Pokemon world champion ships we tied remember?
If not you may remember this guy"
Jake threw another luxury ball and out came a large bulky kangaskan

"Ah, right!" Jacob replied. "It's been a while." Jacob looked back at where the Plasma Elites had been, as if to be sure they were not returning. He stared for what felt like a long time before turning back to Jake. "You probably shouldn't have done that. Team Plasma will be after you, like they are after me." Jacob turned his gaze to the ground. "Truly, you'll be in danger as long as your in Unova, now."

"I think I can look after myself, alots changed since the tournament, I'm the new head of the Kalos division of the GPPF (Global Pokemon Protection Force), I am the holder of over 50 badges from 6 regions, I was only the second person to ever defeat the battle frontier of both sinnoh and hoenn and I am a certified legacy league gym leader. But thanks for the heads up and any if you have any helpful information on team plasma it would be much appreciated."

Jake turned his back a pushed a button on his wrist U.P.D (universal Pokemon device) and metallic glider wings popped out of his backpack,
"Oh before I forget here, its my calling card, call me if you find any new info on team plasma or if u need anything" jake said handing Jacob his card
"Bye" Jake activated the engine on his glidepack and took off in the direction the team plasma elites had run

Last edited:
"Well, that was dramatic." Wright smirked a little as he stepped out from the cover of the trees, watching Jake fly away after the plasma elites. After a couple of seconds he turned his attention to Jacob, cocking his head to the side slightly. "So, why were those guys after you in the first place? Seemed like it was more than just a friendly Pokemon battle." Wright didn't see why those oddly dressed people would be chasing after this guy for no reason. Maybe he did something to annoy them. Insulted their clothes maybe? Wright knew that he'd probably do that if he had the chance. But still, why would you just unleash your Pokemon on someone for something like that?

Jacob watched Jake leave with his futuristic jetpack looking thing. Where did he get one of those? Jacob shook his head; ridiculous. Of course this man wasn’t afraid of dangerous gangs: he had a jetpack. It was like he was living in a cuckoo clock! He was trying to comprehend the hilarity of the situation when he heard someone approaching. He turned to see a man walking towards him from the nearby brush. He looked over the man with the blonde hair as the man spoke.

Jacob thought for a moment. Should he tell the man the truth? He didn’t know why he should; the man could be a Team Plasma agent, or even someone willing to hand him over to Team Plasma if he had the chance. He had never met the man before, and he didn’t like giving people the benefit of the doubt.

“It’s a bit of a story,” Jacob responded to the man. “You see, a few years back I was babysitting Team Plasma’s Purloin…. It ran out on me, and they’ve had a thing for me ever since,” he half lied, half joked. He waited to see the man’s reaction.

Wright laughed a little. "Well, by the looks of the Pokemon they had back there, I think they can overlook one Purrloin." Luckily, Purrloin was one of the Pokemon that Wright recognised in the Unova region, due to them bein pretty common. After all, he had only just travelled here. The Pokemon those Plasma Elites had been using, he had no idea about. All he knew was that they looked strong.

Wright assumed that this trainer probably didn't want to say what his relation was to those strange people. Which was fair enough, he supposed. Back in Kanto, if ever people had problems with Team Rocket, they usually didn't tell anyone. Well, other than the police sometimes, but a lot of the time people kept it to themselves.

Deciding to brush aside this line of conversation, Wright took a step towards Jacob and held out his hand. "I'm Wright, by the way. I'm visiting Unova to take a look at Pokemon I haven't seen before and hopefully catch a few. Apparently it's a lot different to Kanto, where I come from. And it even seems pretty different from Hoenn too!"

"I'm Jacob," Jacob responded as he shook Wright's hand. "Yea, it's pretty different here. I don't know about Kanto, but I visited Hoenn not so long ago; Unova's a whole different world. It's much colder here." Jacob looked Wright over carefully. "So you're a pokemon trainer too, huh? I can usually tell." Jacob tried to speak casually, but he had the strong urge to keep looking back down the road, or into the brush. As he said these last words, he stuck out his neck, looking around Wright. "You any good?" he asked without looked at his new acquaintance.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Jacob." Wright shook Jacob's hand in return, his own noticeably calloused and rough. He took his hand away then, smiling a little as Jacob asked about him being a trainer. He replied, not noticing Jacob looking away from him. "Yeah, I'm a trainer. And, I'd like to think I'm pretty good, although there's still a few regions I haven't explored yet. There's probably all sorts of crazy Pokemon out there that I don't know about yet."

Where Jacob looked over to, in the cover of the trees, a pair of red eyes stared back at him, watching. Whatever the eyes belonged to looked pretty angry, and at least as big as a human, judging by the height the eyes were off the ground.

Jacob reacted almost immediately.

"Wright, get down!" He shouted, as he pushed the trainer aside. He grabbed a pokeball from his belt, and pushed the center button. A blue flash in front of him revealed Voltaire, Jacob's Eelektross. The pokemon flexed as it appeared. "There's something over there!" Jacob pointed towards the red-eyed creature.

The Umbreon watched from the high tree branch, eyes glowing.

The two trainers had tresspassing on his territory.

He growled loudly, hoping to frighten them off.

Wright stumbled a little to the side as Jacob pushed him. He looked back at the other trainer, confused for a second before he caught a view of the red eyes in the trees that had spooked the other so much. He acted much in the same way, grabbing one of his Pokeballs to send out his Pokemon, only hesitating when he saw Voltaire being sent out by Jacob. He let out a low whistle, taking a moment to look at the Pokemon, clearly impressed. "Alright Crescendo, let's do this!" He looked away from the Eelektross, tossing his Pokeball in the air. It burst open high in the air, the familiar white light spilling out and forming into the shape of the Pokemon being sent out. Which, in this case, was an Exploud, who let out a cry of "Sploud!" that seemed to echo around them, reverberating from the different tube-like appendages that came out of it's body that seemed to focus the sound to be even louder than it already was.

The Umbreon used ScaryFace on the Exploud, hoping to paralyze it.

He then used Shadow Sneak on it, darkness surrounding the Sound Pokemon.

Jacob scrunched his face. Was this Umbreon one of Team Plasma's? He couldn't know for sure. He watched as the pokemon's eyes glowed more fervently; Jacob recognized the scary face attack. But Voltaire(Eelektross) seemed unaffected; the pokemon must have been aiming for Wright or his Exploud. That meant that Jacob had an opening to attack. As the pokemon glowed with shadow energy, Jacob gave an order.

"Voltaire, use discharge!" Jacob's Eelektross closed his eyes as he prepared the attack. The pokemon glowed yellow, electric energy radiating off of him before releasing an electric charge. Several relatively small bolts of electricity were sent flying towards the Umbreon.

The Umbreon whimpered as he felt his muscles lock up.

He cried out in pain as he fell out the tree.

He tried moving but couldn't.

He looked at The trainers clearly frightened, as it only wanted to protect another Umbreon, now expsosed in the tree.

Jacob looked closely to see the effectiveness of his attack. On the ground near the tree lay a smoldering Umbreon. He tilted his head as he analyzed the pokemon again. The pokemon would probably be fine. He turned away before he heard something rustling in the branches. He turned to see another Umbreon, cowering on one of the branches of a nearby tree. What was it with these Umbreons? They seemed to be everywhere he went. And no one in Unova had ever seen a wild Umbreon before; they simply didn't exist in Unova.

Jacob shook his head as he walked away. He couldn't stand dark pokemon; not after his issues with Grimsly of the Unova Elite Four. Better to avoid them in general, he felt. Jacob turned back towards Wright.

"Not sure what that was about. Umbreon aren't native here, but they don't appear to be a trainers... anyway, we can be pretty sure they don't belong to Team Plasma. If Team Plasma had some Umbreon, they wouldn't let them wander the forest; they'd sell them for all their worth." Jacob glanced back at the fallen Umbreon. The pokemon was lucky Jacob didn't need the money, or else the pokemon could easily have found itself inside a cage being sold to the highest bidder. "So, your Exploud looks impressive. You must've put a lot of work into training it." Jacob placed his hand on his Eelektross's head. "Perhaps, at some point, we could battle. Although, we'd have to get out of here first; don't want to be sitting ducks if Team Plasma comes back around."

The other Umbreon lept down from the tree and licked the other Umbreon nervously.

When she saw the Electross, she growled loudly before attepmting to drag him into the tree, but couldn't quite get him back into the nest.

She settled for dragging him into the bushes, before shooting a ShadowBall at the group, as if to say a warning, as other red Eyes emerged from the gloomy Forrest.

Wright had let his guard down once the first Umbreon was taken down, turning to Jacob as he began speaking to him. "Yeah, I caught him when he was just a Whismur. He's a good buddy of mine."

Wright grinned as Crescendo turned to face him, the pokemon smiling happily. The trainer patted the head of the normal type. "I'd love to battle sometime. Voltaire looks really awesome." He referred to the Pokemon by nickname, not knowing what kind of Pokemon it actually was.

The blonde haired trainer whirled around as he saw the warning Shadow Ball get shot towards them. He was about to tell Exploud to attack when he saw the vast increase in pairs of red eyes that had appeared in the trees. "Uh, Jacob? There's kind of a lot of them. Think we can take 'em?" Beside him, Crescendo let out a slight whimper, obviously able to tell that they were outnumbered vastly.

Jacob swung around to see the many pairs of glowing red eyes now glaring at them. How could there be so many Umbreon? They weren't native to Unova, and they must have crossed a large body of water. He closed his eyes and rubbed them with his fingers as his head began to pound. He sighed.

"We might be able to take them, but I'd rather not find out..." Jacob pulled out Voltaire(Eelektross)'s pokeball, and a red light recalled the pokemon. Jacob reattached the pokeball to his belt before turning back to Wright. "Run."

The smaller Umbreon poofed, and it was really just a small shiny Eevee.

All of the Clone Umbreon poofed as well, leaving the little Eevee defenseless, with her injured friend.

Wright brought out his own Pokeball and returned Crescendo, ready to run as Jacob had said. Just then, he saw as the Umbreons turned out to be Eevees and raised an eyebrow. "Wait, Jacob." He pointed over at the now less threatening hoard of Eevees. "They're just Eevees."

Wright couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the shiny and injured Eevee in the bushes and frowned a little. He turned to his recently met acquaintance, posing a question to him. "Should we help them? The little guys probably just attacked because they were scared of us."

The Eevees nudged the Umbreon gently.

The Umbreon whimpered as he tried to move, and being the Dominant male of the pack, if he couldn't protect the little ones, they were in danger, because they weren't able to protect themselves.

The Umbreon manged to Stand up and stare right into Jacobs Eyes, sparks still shooting off of him.

Jacob turned around just as the many copies of Umbreons disappeared. He looked down at he shiny Eevee before looking over at the harmed Umbreon. The Eevee was truly a sight to see; it's tan fur was unlike anything Jacob had seen. In fact, Eevees were quite rare in Unova; a shiny one was almost unheard of. The pokemon was more rare than many legendary pokemon here. Jacob turned towards Wright as he finished talking.

"I suppose we could take the Eevee along with us," Jacob said, shooting the other trainer a look. If he could find a way to sell the Eevee, he'd have enough money to hire some mercenaries to help him get Team Plasma off his back. Maybe he could even trade the Eevee to Team Plasma for his life. And the Umbreon was quite rare as well. Jacob figured that, at the very least, it wouldn't hurt to have them along. "And the Umbreon; let's take him along to." Jacob slowly shuffled over to the two pokemon, and outstretched his hand. "Would you guys want to come with us? We're heading to a pokemon center where they can heal your wounds."

The Umbreon whimpered softly at the Humans as it manged to walk over too Jacobs feet, where it promptly lay at his feet. He sniffled a little as he looked up at Jacob

(( i will Control both Ubmreon and the Eevee.))

Wright frowned as he watched the Umbreon. "He really doesn't look too good." He just watched it for a moment before seeming to have an idea. The trainer started rummaging in his bag. "Come on... I know it's in here somewhe- Ah hah!" He pulled out a small pouch, opening it and bringing out an Oran Berry. After a moment of hesitation he made his way towards Jacob and the Umbreon, bending down and holding out the berry towards it. "Here, this should help ease the pain a little until we do get you to the Pokemon Center."