• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Tale Untold: 12th Pokémon Movie US Subsite Launches

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Mini-PicArceusBG.png
It was recently revealed that the 12th Pokémon movie, dubbed Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life, would be airing on the Australian Cartoon Network on Nov. 6th at 6 PM and again on Nov. 7th at 10 AM. At the time of this revelation there had still been no word on the American CN premiere date for the film, the DVD release, and so forth.

Now, thanks to Pokemon.com and the launch of their Arceus and the Jewel of Life Subsite, we have a bit more information to go on.

For one, the special Pichu who appears in the 12th movie has indeed been dubbed the "Spiky-Eared Pichu". Second, the Arceus subsite dates the first US Cartoon Network showing to be taking place on November 20th, with the DVD release following at some point next year in the spring (exact release date still unknown). The website also released an official trailer allowing people to hear "Ark-ee-us" verbally said for their listening pleasure.

As usual, the subsite contains a brief storyline summary, character bios for all of the major characters (and Pokémon) who appear in the movie, and some downloadable extras for fans. They've also added a "Legacy" section that ties in the first two movies of the Sinnoh trilogy. Not counting the continuously looping BG music - which can thankfully be shut-off if you choose - it's a pretty nice site and worth checking out if you're interested.

Remember to check your local TV listings for exact air times, but here's hoping everyone enjoys the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm really hoping I don't have to youtube it myself. Just gotta watch my usual sources to see if the movie pops up...

But if all else fails, I'll probably just wait for the DVD release. I'd rather wait to watch it properly than lower quality-ish on youtube XP

Still, guess that doesn't apply as much for Europe, eh? Canada gets each new movie DVD release as soon as the US does, but I'm not even sure where you guys are at with yours now. =/

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just a reminder that the movie airs this afternoon in the US, so don't miss out on watching it if you've been planning to. :)

Agh! I missed it! *slaps self for watching New Moon instead of Jewel of Life*

I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD or another airing...Was there any news of of that?