• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A handy wrap-up of recent HG/SS news in Pokemon Sunday footage form

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I'm sure we're all up-to-date with the HG/SS news from this month's CoroCoro and website updates - but here's Pokemon Sunday with some new in-game footage to wrap it all up into one easy to swallow Japanese ball of craziness:

HTML:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Since I didn't post it previously, you might as well have last week's too - it covers the other half of the info revealed this month, which reveals the new Olympics style Pokethlon events and confirmation - as if it were ever needed - that the Red Gyarados and Team Rocket's evil Lake of Rage plot returns:

HTML:

I still can't wait for a US release date on this to start counting down to.

As far as the actual videos go, I really like the new design for the female rockets.

Also, that animation with Arceus, is that supposed to actually happen on the DS or did they just do that on their own for kicks?

I really hope the odd flashing of the pictures (satellites, earth, etc) aren't part of the game. They scared me >>

'Nyway, I can't wait for this to his US shores. I'll be at the Game Crazy when it opens xD

Also, I like the new art of the three dogs\cats\beasts, and that one artwork piece of the three of them is pretty cool as well.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
For the sake of all our sanities - let's all just stick to beasts this time around. The constant debate 10 years ago was bad enough, but we don't need it reignited...

hmmm in this screen shot here
http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml
when you click jhoto as in the pokegear, it shows entei and raikou roaming,but no suicune. and in the video, suicune comes up to gold much like it did in crystal.
i wonder, will suicune be catchable at the tin tower again?

Who knows?

I am quite interested with the video. I had no idea Cynthia wolud be in these games. I was not amused, however, by the guy in the Lucario suit jumping up and down. Seriously, that dude should not have to jump up and down, the Chimchar guy would have looked cuter. Other than that, the Japanese really know how to announce stuff! :D