• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Heracross

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
214Heracross_Mega_Dream.png

Mega Heracross
[type=bug][/type]/[type=fighting][/type]

20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaHerakrosu
Height: 1.7m / 5'07''
Weight: 62.5kg / 137.8 lbs.
Classification: Singlehorn Pokemon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Skill Link

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Heracross was officially revealed by Pokemon.com following the release of X & Y.

20483_stats.png

Mega Heracross has greatly boosted Attack and Defense stats with a minor boosts to its Special Defense. Its Speed stat has a slight decrease.

HP: 80
Attack: 185
Defense: 115
Sp. Attack: 40
Sp. Defense: 105
Speed: 75

20479_locations.png

58297_Dream_Heracronite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone: Heracronite
X/Y: Santalune Forest, post-game. Mega Stone is exclusive to Pokémon Y.
OR/AS: Route 127.

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Heracross.

20472_artwork.png

MegaHeracross-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg

20482_screenshots.png

nov_p09_01.jpg
nov_p09_02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i like it. it looks more like an fighting type pokemon and still is a bug type and when i used mega heracross. it could defeat 2 of my friends pokemons a with a single hit easily.

I uh... Well his stats are very impressive, bit disappointing ability. Only being able to make use of bullet seed and arm thrust, I see why no one uses this. Game freak what are you trying to do? This looks like you guys are trolling us.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Heracronite can be found in Santalune Forest, between 8-9 PM, after Sycamore upgraded your Mega Ring to detect the damn things postgame - but only in Y, so if you're playing X, you're kind of screwed re: the Mega Stone.

Also, Skill Link is actually a pretty fucking good ability for this thing - namely because a number of multi-hit moves have been buffed quite a bit. For example, Pin Missile was buffed to have a base power of 25 - so five hits of that in a row means 125 base power - making the move slightly more powerful than Megahorn and more than slightly more accurate. Combined with Bullet Seed and Rock Blast (which can be bred on the thing and provide a really nice counter for the Flying-types Heracross is x4 weak to!) both having the same 5-hits-with-25-base-power-each - and that ridiculous fscking physical attack stat to back it up... yeah. 'Disappointing Ability' my armor-plated-posterior. Arm Thrust is less powerful than it could have been, but Heracross learns Close Combat, does it really need any other fighting move? <<;

The design, however, leaves much to be desired. I do appreciate the fact it actually looks a bit more like a Hercules Beetle, but it's still rather meh in comparison to 'cross itself. Ah well. I suppose it can afford to be temporarily hideous for the sake of becoming a gatling catapult. xD

"Flick of the wrists" sorry, I had to lol. In all seriousness, its defenses are really good but its ability is a little disappointing. Not that it's bad but not what I expected.

Last edited:
Das awesome

Imagine huge power instead

I uh... Well his stats are very impressive, bit disappointing ability. Only being able to make use of bullet seed and arm thrust, I see why no one uses this. Game freak what are you trying to do? This looks like you guys are trolling us.
Huge power instead

Last edited by a moderator: