• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#703 - Carbink

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
703-0.png

#703 Carbink
[type=rock][/type]/[type=fairy][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Mereshī
Classification: Jewel Pokemon
Height: 1'00''
Weight: 12.6 lbs
Egg Group: Fairy, Mineral

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Clear Body
Hidden Ability: Sturdy

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: This Pokémon, along with a slew of others, was initially revealed within leaked CoroCoro scans on October 11th. It was later revealed internationally by Pokémon.com on October 16th.

Additional Info: Carbink is born deep, deep underground and has remained hidden there for millions of years. Its timid personality leads it to live in gloomy caves, where it usually remains unseen by human eyes. Carbink are genderless.

20454_pokedex.png

X: Born from the temperatures and pressures deep underground, it fires beams from the stone in its head.
Y: It has slept underground for hundreds of millions of years since its birth. It's occasionally found during the excavation of caves.

20453_locations.png

Reflection Cave

20455_evolution.png

20521_703.png

Does not evolve

20462_levelup.png

--- Tackle
--- Harden
Lv. 5 - Rock Throw
Lv. 8 - Sharpen
Lv. 12 - Smack Down
Lv. 18 - Reflect
Lv. 21 - Stealth Rock
Lv. 27 - Guard Split
Lv. 31 - Ancient Power
Lv. 35 - Flail
Lv. 40 - Skill Swap
Lv. 46 - Power Gem
Lv. 49 - Stone Edge
Lv. 50 - Moonblast
Lv. 60 - Light Screen
Lv. 70 - Safe Guard

20469_artwork.png

Carbink-X-and-Y.png
20470_screenshots.png

oct_p08_03.jpg
oct_p08_04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I actually really like this little fellow... it's cute and the Magpie in me likes the fact that it's the jewel Pokemon :') It's a shame that it's a stand alone without an evolution but I do like it. May have to acquire a plush of it should they ever make one. I want so many plushies from this Gen xD

This thing is basically a rock with ears and eyes and yet I am absolutely in love with it! However, it's movepool is kinda average. It can do it's job adequately, but it'd be nice if there was more to it, especially since it's attempting to be a less drastic version of Shuckle. The fact that it's genderless doesn't do it any favors in way of egg moves either.

Overall, it's cute but it feels like an incomplete Pokemon. I was really disappointed that it doesn't evolve into anything, but I guess I'm content with sticking with this cute little bugger for now~♥

Does anyone else think that Carbink will somehow have something to do with Diancie? It's too hard not to see the similarities.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
It's been officially confirmed for quite a while that it does - Diancie, lore-ways, is a result of a Carbink completing a transformation - probably the reason the things are buried deep underground for to begin with.

Obviously, though, this is just flavor text. Carbink cannot evolve into Diancie nor can Diancie produce Carbink offspring, even with Ditto. However, the connection is confirmed and has been... since Diancie was officially revealed, really. XP