• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#698 - Amaura

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
698-0.png

#698 Amaura
[type=rock][/type]/[type=ice][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Amarusu
Classification: Tundra Pokémon
Height: 4' 03"
Weight: 55.6 lbs.
Egg Group: Monster

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Refrigerate
Hidden Ability: Snow Warning

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Amaura was revealed along with Mega Garchomp, Mega Mewtwo X, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Meowstic, Furfrou and Tyrunt on the 11th of September 2013 as part of the CoroCoro leak. It was later revealed internationally on Sept. 13th.

Additional Info: Amaura is one of the Kalos Region's fossil Pokemon along with Tyrunt. Like Tyrunt, Amaura is believed to be one million years old. In order to obtain one for yourself you'll need to restore the Sail Fossil at the Fossil Lab.

20454_pokedex.png

X: This ancient Pokémon was restored from part of its body that had been frozen in ice for over 100 million years.
Y: This calm Pokémon lived in a cold land where there were no violent predators like Tyrantrum

20453_locations.png

Revive Sail Fossil

20455_evolution.png

20517_698-699.png

Evolves into Aurorus at level 39 at night.

20462_levelup.png

--- Growl
--- Powder Snow
Lv. 5 - Thunder Wave
Lv. 10 - Rock Throw
Lv. 13 - Icy Wind
Lv. 15 - Take Down
Lv. 18 - Mist
Lv. 20 - Aurora Beam
Lv. 26 - Ancient Power
Lv. 30 - Round
Lv. 34 - Avalanche
Lv. 38 - Hail
Lv. 41 - Nature Power
Lv. 44 - Encore
Lv. 47 - Light Screen
Lv. 50 - Ice Beam
Lv. 57 - Hyper Beam
Lv. 65 - Blizzard

20469_artwork.png

698-0.png
20470_screenshots.png

Amaura_Official_Screenshot_1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
Amaura_Official_Screenshot_3_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
Amaura_Official_Screenshot_.png

Attachments

• Amaura.png
    Amaura.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 555
Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
It has rainbows for eyebrows but oh well, I still rather like this little fellow. Rock/Ice is quite nice. I'm pretty impressed with the fossils of Kalos thus far, I just hope they evolve rather epically.

Pretty interesting type combination. Not a big fan of the design, but it looks like it will evolve into something cool.

It's cute, but I like the other fossil more so this Pokemon is kinda already forgettable to me. I could see myself liking this more once we get more information/clearer pictures of it.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I'm going to go against what everyone else has said and say that I really like this thing, and it's my favourite of the two fossil Pokémon. The type and ability are interesting and if it evolves into some dino of doom I'll be more than happy. >:D

Have to admit, I'm pretty happy with this thing's typing. Rock/ice means 4x weak against Steel which is something completely new and, as you can tell by my name, Steel is my favourite type, so... yeah. Props for that.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen some terribly designed fossil Pokemon... And this one takes the cake. The featureless huge eyed BUY OUR PLUSHIES face, those pastel headwings... ergh. Oh well. It might evolve into something that doesn't look stupid. Maybe.

I rather dig the ability, though.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I don't love its design but I do like it. Tyrunt is still my first pick of the two but Amaura has a nice typing and lots of potential for a nifty evolution. Awesome new ability, too. If the final stage form keeps that same ability this line could be veeery beastly. ^^

I would pick Amaura cuz its SUPER CUTE!!! But.. I would do like to have a Tyrunt too, its my fav dino, T-Rex!!! Its tough to choose... @.@ Why cant I have both?! ;_;

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Honestly, I really wish more Pokémon games pulled an Emerald and allowed you to get the fossil you didn't pick post-game. Somehow though, I don't see it happening. Game Freak love their "CHOOSE ONE AND TRADE FOR THE OTHER" bullshit.

Yeah, youre right.. plus some children (people) dont have anyone to trade with!!!! I wish GameFreak could give us both fossils through the game without glithching..:(

yup i have no pokemon player friends living close to me so i will have to choose :my favorite type dragon t-rex or awesome ice and rock pokemon which's evolution has awesome attack that water is weak to!!!! i cant decide! :( only bad thing about this one is its desing isn't too good hmmm........