• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#694 - Helioptile

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
694-0.png

#694 Helioptile
[type=electric][/type]/[type=normal][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Elikiteru
Classification: Generator Pokémon
Height: 0.5m / 1'08"
Weight: 6.0kg / 13.2 lbs
Egg Group: Monster, Dragon

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Dry Skin or Sand Veil
Hidden Ability: Solar Power

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Helioptile, along with Pancham, Gogoat, and Fletchling, was first revealed on May 11th within a leaked scan from the June 2013 issue of CoroCoro. It was officially revealed on the Pokemon website on 15th May. It's stated to use solar power to generate electricity.

Additional Info: As described by Pokemon.com, "Helioptile charges itself by bathing in the light of the sun, providing it with enough energy that it doesn't need to eat!"

20454_pokedex.png

X: They make their home in deserts. They can generate their energy from basking in the sun, so eating food is not a requirement.
Y: The frills on either side of its head have cells that generate electricity when exposed to sunlight.

20453_locations.png

Route 9

20455_evolution.png

20515_694-695.png

Evolves into Heliolisk when exposed to a Sun Stone.

20462_levelup.png

--- Pound
--- Tail Whip
Lv. 6 - Thunder Shock
Lv. 11 - Charge
Lv. 13 - Mud-Slap
Lv. 17 - Quick Attack
Lv. 22 - Razor Wind
Lv. 25 - Parabolic Charge
Lv. 31 - Thunder Wave
Lv. 35 - Bulldoze
Lv. 40 - Volt Switch
Lv. 45 - Electrify
Lv. 49 - Thunderbolt

20469_artwork.png

600px-694Helioptile.png
20470_screenshots.png

helioptile_galvaran_eguana_.png
may_p7_2.png

Last edited:
Re: #??? - Elekiteru

He's so derpy and adorable :D

I hope the part-normal means it will be changing types in its evolution.

Re: #??? - Elikiteru

I'm glad that we're getting more part-normal types with unique combinations. I must say, this one looks strikingly similar to Mawile, although it's obviously not related.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

This things design reminds me more of a dog than anything, I think it's probably the ears.

Out of all the Pokémon revealed so far this is probably my least favourite, but I don't dislike it either, and I wouldn't mind training one. It's an interesting typing too, I was expecting Electric/Steel so Electric/Normal is pretty bland especially when we can be quite certain Pikachu will be in this 'dex.

Guess we'll see what happens with it. :)

Lil' floppy! Elikiteru is so cute its ears are the cutest things in the world. Sorry Skiploom but you've been outflopped.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Parabola Charge is an interesting name for an attack~
As is being normal/electric.

I don't really like its design all that much, but that might change once I see more of it in-game |D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Upon first glance I found this guy somewhat awkward but since learning that it's related to solar power (which explains the ears) I'm much more accepting of its design. It really does look rather cute within the in-game screen shots, too. I'm hoping that it receives a nifty evolution or two. :)

I am thinking that Elikiteru will be a pikachu mimic ( plusle, minun, emolga, and so on)
Not only from the type, but also the color and the fact that it is standing next to pikachu.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

snivy811 said:
I am thinking that Elikiteru will be a pikachu mimic ( plusle, minun, emolga, and so on)
Not only from the type, but also the color and the fact that it is standing next to pikachu.
Honestly I doubt this will be the Pikachu clone of then Gen. It is not obviously cutesy enough to fit the role. I do find Elikiteru to be cute, but in a derpy sort of way. Plus, Mawile has the same colors and is a Steel type. ;)

I could see this have an evolution, but I can also see it being a Pokemon like Dunsparce that does not evolve.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Sir Red said:
snivy811 said:
Honestly I doubt this will be the Pikachu clone of then Gen. It is not obviously cutesy enough to fit the role. I do find Elikiteru to be cute, but in a derpy sort of way. Plus, Mawile has the same colors and is a Steel type. ;)

Even less so when you consider that there is a fairly high chance that Pikachu will be in the 'dex anyway. I think Elikiteru is actually quite cute though, those ears make it kinda adorable. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sir Red said:
I could see this have an evolution, but I can also see it being a Pokemon like Dunsparce that does not evolve.

Ugh. Don't even say that! ;_; A Pokemon this derpy (sorry Elikiteru, but it's true!) without an evolution would be forgotten fast. I really hope that it gets at least one evolution or it's likely to remain as one of my least favourite Gen 6 Pokemon. XD

After seeing it in the trailer, I'm a bit more fond of Helioptile than I was before. I was heavily reminded of Calumon when it used Parabolic Charge.

I'd really like for Helioptile to get at least one evolution, if only to look more badass.

Okay its floppy ears are no longer cute to me now that I saw them split open and get all spikey and weird. I still like that he's a solar panel Pokemon, I think that's a neat idea. But I just don't love him like I used to </3

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Recent rumours strongly suggest that Helioptile will be evolving, and to be honest I honestly don't expect it not to. We have Dedenne as the 'cute likely not evolving' electric type of the generation, so they can easily evolve Helioptile if they want to. ^^

Recent rumours strongly suggest that Helioptile will be evolving, and to be honest I honestly don't expect it not to. We have Dedenne as the 'cute likely not evolving' electric type of the generation, so they can easily evolve Helioptile if they want to. ^^
Yeah that's true I really hope they do that :D but the real question what would it evolve into?:)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That age old Anime disease has struck again. Over the past week or so I finally saw Helioptile in the Anime series for the first time (I'm very, very behind on the show and still only watching the Da! saga xp) and it's utterly adorable. I'd already grown to like Helioptile with the reveal of its evolution but thanks to the Anime I've come to appreciate it even more. Very likely to finally train one the next time I play through a Kalos region game. :)